Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Why would wikileaks  undermine the profitability of a book that presents Trump in a negative light?  

It is almost as if they were alligned with Trump and seeking retaliation!

Remember when folks were saying they were neutral?

6 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Seriously it's a book, every single one ever made is avaliable for free after publication :lol:

Takes 30 secs to make and post a torrent less than a megabyte.

I download most of my books even the ones I still legitimately buy just cause I like having a copy on my phone.

The Wikileaks thing is also pretty obviously pro-Trump.  How do we know?

Because anyone with a scanner and/or some basic software could “leak” any book at any time.  This didn’t “leak”.  This was copied, converted to a PDF, and then uploaded.  

And the only reason to do it with this book instead of doing it with every book out there was to hurt the profit of the book.  This was payback, in other word.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The Wikileaks thing is also pretty obviously pro-Trump.  How do we know?

Because anyone with a scanner and/or some basic software could “leak” any book at any time.  This didn’t “leak”.  This was copied, converted to a PDF, and then uploaded.  

And the only reason to do it with this book instead of doing it with every book out there was to hurt the profit of the book.  This was payback, in other word.

And a threat to future publishers

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm confused (and a bit drunk). Wikileaks may be in the tank for Trump, but how does releasing a book critical of Trump free of charge help Trump?

It’s an attempt to hurt their profits.  It doesn’t help Trump.  It’s payback and revenge for publishing a book negative towards Trump.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

It’s an attempt to hurt their profits.  It doesn’t help Trump.  It’s payback and revenge for publishing a book negative towards Trump.

But how much does the average person care about the book's profits? They just want the dirt on Trump.

6 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm confused (and a bit drunk). Wikileaks may be in the tank for Trump, but how does releasing a book critical of Trump free of charge help Trump?

They didn't release anything, like every book ever it was publicly avaliable 5 minutes after the midnight release, they're just publicizing that you don't actually have to buy it to undercut the profits.

And you know what...I just downloaded it so...thanks Assange I guess(took 1.5 seconds)

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

But how much does the average person care about the book's profits? They just want the dirt on Trump.

The goal is to make it free so fewer people buy the book.  They won’t pay money that goes to the publisher and author (royalties) if it’s available for free.

Hilariously, I think the Wikileaks thing might backfire.  People who would pay for the book are still going to pay for it.  BUT, some people who wouldn’t have have paid for it will read it now and will see the negative information about Trump.  

So I think Wikileaks just played themselves.

I wasn’t talking about your wife, either.  

FFS, it’s no fun when I have to expain it.  

So far I'm not trading for props or autographs but will whore my wife out for a 5 dollar game. That's all that makes sense to me.

The goal is to make it free so fewer people buy the book.  They won’t pay money that goes to the publisher and author (royalties) if it’s available for free.

Hilariously, I think the Wikileaks thing might backfire.  People who would pay for the book are still going to pay for it.  BUT, some people who wouldn’t have have paid for it will read it now and will see the negative information about Trump.  

True I had no intention of buying the book

Now I have a copy simply cause it took only my whim and a minimum of effort. Still may or not read it.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

But more people are going to read the book, which is very critical of Trump. How is this good for Trump?

Just now, AF89 said:

True I had no intention of buying the book

Now I have a copy simply cause it took only my whim and a minimum of effort. Still may or not read it.

And probably a virus that uses your computer/phone/tablet camera to spy on you 24/7.