Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 96.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mr. Hoopah!

    9627

  • Leon Troutsky

    8096

  • Psychic Gibbon

    7930

  • AF89

    6238

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

 

Seriously it's a book, every single one ever made is avaliable for free after publication :lol:

Takes 30 secs to make and post a torrent less than a megabyte.

I download most of my books even the ones I still legitimately buy just cause I like having a copy on my phone.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wikileaks thing is also pretty obviously pro-Trump.  How do we know?

Because anyone with a scanner and/or some basic software could “leak” any book at any time.  This didn’t “leak”.  This was copied, converted to a PDF, and then uploaded.  

And the only reason to do it with this book instead of doing it with every book out there was to hurt the profit of the book.  This was payback, in other word.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The Wikileaks thing is also pretty obviously pro-Trump.  How do we know?

Because anyone with a scanner and/or some basic software could “leak” any book at any time.  This didn’t “leak”.  This was copied, converted to a PDF, and then uploaded.  

And the only reason to do it with this book instead of doing it with every book out there was to hurt the profit of the book.  This was payback, in other word.

And a threat to future publishers

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm confused (and a bit drunk). Wikileaks may be in the tank for Trump, but how does releasing a book critical of Trump free of charge help Trump?

It’s an attempt to hurt their profits.  It doesn’t help Trump.  It’s payback and revenge for publishing a book negative towards Trump.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm confused (and a bit drunk). Wikileaks may be in the tank for Trump, but how does releasing a book critical of Trump free of charge help Trump?

They didn't release anything, like every book ever it was publicly avaliable 5 minutes after the midnight release, they're just publicizing that you don't actually have to buy it to undercut the profits.

 

And you know what...I just downloaded it so...thanks Assange I guess(took 1.5 seconds)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

But how much does the average person care about the book's profits? They just want the dirt on Trump.

The goal is to make it free so fewer people buy the book.  They won’t pay money that goes to the publisher and author (royalties) if it’s available for free.

Hilariously, I think the Wikileaks thing might backfire.  People who would pay for the book are still going to pay for it.  BUT, some people who wouldn’t have have paid for it will read it now and will see the negative information about Trump.  

So I think Wikileaks just played themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

The goal is to make it free so fewer people buy the book.  They won’t pay money that goes to the publisher and author (royalties) if it’s available for free.

Hilariously, I think the Wikileaks thing might backfire.  People who would pay for the book are still going to pay for it.  BUT, some people who wouldn’t have have paid for it will read it now and will see the negative information about Trump.  

So I think Wikileaks just played themselves.

True I had no intention of buying the book

 

Now I have a copy simply cause it took only my whim and a minimum of effort. Still may or not read it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The goal is to make it free so fewer people buy the book.  They won’t pay money that goes to the publisher and author (royalties) if it’s available for free.

Hilariously, I think the Wikileaks thing might backfire.  People who would pay for the book are still going to pay for it.  BUT, some people who wouldn’t have have paid for it will read it now and will see the negative information about Trump.  

So I think Wikileaks just played themselves.

But more people are going to read the book, which is very critical of Trump. How is this good for Trump?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...