Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

15 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

How do you like your eggs?  Right, on your face, I remember now.  :lol:

As much as you'd have the past year I'd gave to go with your recommendation 

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Fewer jobs created this year than last year and I think the previous year (under Obama).  

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Stock market was rising at about the same rate before Trump.  Yearly GDP growing slightly higher than previous years.  

Not that Trump has passed any legislation or policies that could have created these outcomes.  

What is the point in arguing with him about this stuff? You know he's going to just parrot buzzwords he's heard and then blame Democrats when the economy crashes despite giving all the credit to Trump.

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Stock market was rising at about the same rate before Trump.  Yearly GDP growing slightly higher than previous years.  

Not that Trump has passed any legislation or policies that could have created these outcomes.  

The stock market doesn't matter unless you have a lot of money in it, which most people don't. In fact, it's actually kinda crappy for the stock market to be high as the economy is growing because that means wages aren't growing. 

11 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

What is the point in arguing with him about this stuff? You know he's going to just parrot buzzwords he's heard and then blame Democrats when the economy crashes despite giving all the credit to Trump.

I’m not arguing with the dotard.  I’m simply putting out some actual info to correct his falsehoods.  I stopped engaging him years ago.  If he makes a comment that’s factually false, I’ll correct it with facts and evidence.  I’m not even talking to him right now.

9 minutes ago, Yadi said:

The stock market doesn't matter unless you have a lot of money in it, which most people don't. In fact, it's actually kinda crappy for the stock market to be high as the economy is growing because that means wages aren't growing. 

You’re right up to a point.  But my 401k is tied to the stock market and I’m killing it right now.  Going to shift to a more conservative portfolio soon because we’re due for a recession (I would have done the same if Clinton had won), but the point is that it’s not just rich people who are benefiting.  They are indeed benefiting the most form the rising stock market, but not the only ones.  

31 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

You’re right up to a point.  But my 401k is tied to the stock market and I’m killing it right now.  Going to shift to a more conservative portfolio soon because we’re due for a recession (I would have done the same if Clinton had won), but the point is that it’s not just rich people who are benefiting.  They are indeed benefiting the most form the rising stock market, but not the only ones.  

I totally get that but a lot of middle class people don't have any money in the stock market and would benefit more from a raise than a bump in stocks. I don't have any money in the stock market and I am 24 - what do I care if stocks are improving a lot or not? A raise would be nice for me. And it would be nice for you (if you would be in a position for a raise). I'm just saying that the whole thing seems a bit tone deaf to be boasting about stocks so much