Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• Leon Troutsky

• Psychic Gibbon

• AF89

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saving for posterity...just sayin'

Besides some of the negatives (like some dumb tweets) I'm getting what I voted for.  I wanted an outsider who was willing to change the old status quo Washington and (GOP) and take care of the nasty,

That's your fall back, I should've just posted that for you to save you some time.  

Posted Images

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Just got home and looking at exit polls.  Not sure what to make of them.  A majority were Democrats+Independents.  More voters said they voted to support Trump than to oppose him.  But both were minorities.  Seems like a mixed bag. 

Anybody got some analysis or insight?

What kind of question is that? You are the resident poll nerd. With all due respect....

1 minute ago, Snowball said:

What kind of question is that? You are the resident poll nerd. With all due respect....

:shrug: 

They’ve been out for almost two hours and I’m just now looking at the reporting.  The actual exit polls results aren’t available yet.  Just wondering if anybody else had taken a look or seen any reporting or had any insights.  

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

:shrug: 

They’ve been out for almost two hours and I’m just now looking at the reporting.  The actual exit polls results aren’t available yet.  Just wondering if anybody else had taken a look or seen any reporting or had any insights.  

All I am saying is that you are our poll God.  Snake is our pole god.  Big difference.

2 minutes ago, Snowball said:

All I am saying is that you are our poll God.  Snake is our pole god.  Big difference.

Also, it’s been a LONG day full of BS bureaucratic nonsense.  So I’m not exactly in the “zone” regarding polling analysis.  

When the final official exit polls are released in 1 hour I’ll have a lot more to say about them, including an early estimate of the outcome.  [All caveats are in order here about how exit polls can be a little off and the numbers change as actual results come in and blah blah blah.]. 

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Also, here’s the NYTimes page:

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama-senate-special-election-roy-moore-doug-jones

It’s got a great “meter” to gauge each candidate’s chances of winning as actual results come in.  

I should check out this site:

*Sees dial of doom and has flashbacks of 2016 election*

tenor.gif?itemid=5834464

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Exit poll - 32% black or hispanic.  65% white.

That also seems like good news for Jones.  But remember that exit polls can be off by quite a bit.  And none of the results that I’ve seen point definitively one direction or the other.  So who knows at this point?

I do, and you should know that by now, after the Trump victory.