Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• Leon Troutsky

• Psychic Gibbon

• AF89

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saving for posterity...just sayin'

Besides some of the negatives (like some dumb tweets) I'm getting what I voted for.  I wanted an outsider who was willing to change the old status quo Washington and (GOP) and take care of the nasty,

That's your fall back, I should've just posted that for you to save you some time.  

Posted Images

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

"Hillary Clinton broke her foot in a slapstick moment of falling down stairs."

Vicious: She's hiding an ankle tracker when they let her travel to the UK!

"Roy Moore says the signature is fake."

Vicious: Cased closed.

He earlier stated that Everyone except for three Fox host are lying in the media, making you statement extremely accurate! 

27 minutes ago, AF89 said:

So this is the defense? The signature is forged because it clearly isnt a match PROOF .....but Moore's lawyers are claiming it was copied exactly from divorce papers 

That’s not exactly the claim because it’s obvious the signature wasn’t copied from the divorce papers they handed out.  The “d.a.” Is spelling very differently in the two documents.

The claim is that Roy Moore never signed “D.A.” And that was his assistant.  So they are claiming that the signature WAS copied from some court document, but not the divorce documents.  

So far, it’s a pretty weak defense.  I would think they would have focused on the “olde town tavern” (or whatever) in print and the multiple dates on the yearbook.  Those do seem kind of odd to me.  

So, Moore's lawyer is a fun guy, right?  Check out the second and third  paragraph from his bio. On his website to promote himself. As a lawyer.

Trent completed his undergraduate at Troy University, graduating in Business with Honors. While at Troy University he started on their college football team as the center. This team played both Miami and Nebraska being the only team in the country to play the national champions and the runner up national champions in the same year. Some experts consider the 2001 Miami Hurricanes to be the greatest college football team in history. Trent also played Maryland, Central Florida and that year Troy beat Mississippi State on their homecoming. He played on the team with over a dozen athletes who ended up playing professionally in the NFL.

Prior to going to Troy, Trent spent 2 years in the system of West Point having completed their basic training or “Beast Barracks” and playing on the team that competed in the 100th Army-Navy football game. He received an appointment from Vice President Al Gore to attend the Academy. He completed training to include rappelling, road marching 3, 5, 7 and 15 miles, close combat and weapons training, among others. As a challenge by his squad leader during the gas chamber portion of his basic training at West Point, Trent successful recited “The Corp” after removing his gas mask in the midst of fuming tear gas to earn his squad a coveted pizza party. He was one of only two freshman or “plebe” cadets to routinely travel with Army’s Division I-A football team to include games at Tulane, Appalachian State, Air Force Academy, South Florida and to other Division IA programs.

Seriously. He's bragging that he played against a football team that was good. On his website to promote himself. As a lawyer.

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I would think they would have focused on the “olde town tavern” (or whatever) in print and the multiple dates on the yearbook.  Those do seem kind of odd to me.  

Old Hickory House. There's one of those in Atlanta. I have no idea if its affiliated, but it's been there a long time, and it's pretty ******** good.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, I got it confused with The Simpsons.  :facepalm:

Upon further review, it was a small chain, with restaurants mostly in and around Atlanta, but a few stand alones outside the state too.  Been around since the 50s. So, it could have been the same franchise. The only one left is the one near Tucker, which is the one I went to growing up. Again, it was (and probably still is) **** good.

9 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

That’s not exactly the claim because it’s obvious the signature wasn’t copied from the divorce papers they handed out.  The “d.a.” Is spelling very differently in the two documents.

The claim is that Roy Moore never signed “D.A.” And that was his assistant.  So they are claiming that the signature WAS copied from some court document, but not the divorce documents.  

So far, it’s a pretty weak defense.  I would think they would have focused on the “olde town tavern” (or whatever) in print and the multiple dates on the yearbook.  Those do seem kind of odd to me.  

If they faked that signature, it's going to be a huge problem.  Because basically it's cheating when you're already winning.  I mean, the charges in the Washington Post were credible.  Moore's sketchy behavior and denials are flimsy.  If they hand him a "look, see?  They made it all up!" defense, then they deserve what's about to happen.  

I'm unconvinced the signature is forged.  But I'm also unconvinced it is authentic.  I believe the rest of the accusers, but the first time I read that it struck me as odd.  Mostly because the "D.A." thing doesn't make sense.  Who signs their name like that, in a yearbook of all places?

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

If they faked that signature, it's going to be a huge problem.  Because basically it's cheating when you're already winning.  I mean, the charges in the Washington Post were credible.  Moore's sketchy behavior and denials are flimsy.  If they hand him a "look, see?  They made it all up!" defense, then they deserve what's about to happen.  

I'm unconvinced the signature is forged.  But I'm also unconvinced it is authentic.  I believe the rest of the accusers, but the first time I read that it struck me as odd.  Mostly because the "D.A." thing doesn't make sense.  Who signs their name like that, in a yearbook of all places?

A-holes trying to impress teenage girls with the fact they're big time lawyers? :shrug:

Not saying it's not forged, and it seems a bit suspicious, but it tracks.

21 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

And they didn't use the press conference to address the other previous four allegations. 

Sounds like this is basically their hailmary, discredit this particular piece of evidence to which the whole case will ultimately fall apart. If nothing else cast enough doubt to get him through the next month.

2 minutes ago, BrockSamson said:

A-holes trying to impress teenage girls with the fact they're big time lawyers? :shrug:

Not saying it's not forged, and it seems a bit suspicious, but it tracks.

I'll grant, the kind of a-hole who would hit on teenage girls might also be the kind of a-hole who signs "D.A." or "Esq." or have "lawyer" in his personal email address.

You could tell Trump wanted to say something when asked about Roy Moore today, he looked right at that reporter in question,  seemed to hesitate before then walking out.  

I think he's been told to stay out of it for now but he was warring in his head about going off script. 

17 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Yeah, the problem is that if they show this one woman faked something with this they can try to discredit all of the other women.  

I’ve never been a fan of Gloria Allred.  If she didn’t do due diligence with this accusation (like verifying the signature) then she deserves every bit of scorn she receives.  Especially since she would have undermined the credibility of the others.

CNN talking about an interview with Allred, but not sure what she said.

14 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'll grant, the kind of a-hole who would hit on teenage girls might also be the kind of a-hole who signs "D.A." or "Esq." or have "lawyer" in his personal email address.

One thought that I had was that the “Olde Hickory House” and date around it and maybe the “D.A.” Was written by the accuser herself after he signed it to document who he was. 

If that was the case, she needed to say that up front.  If any part of that yearbook entry isn’t real, it’s going to blow up the entire accusation.