Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• Leon Troutsky

• Psychic Gibbon

• AF89

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saving for posterity...just sayin'

Besides some of the negatives (like some dumb tweets) I'm getting what I voted for.  I wanted an outsider who was willing to change the old status quo Washington and (GOP) and take care of the nasty,

That's your fall back, I should've just posted that for you to save you some time.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

"Why bother defending Kushner lying to congress?" - wfw 

OMG, Cushner lied to congress.  You never seemed to mind when "certain other people" lied to congress.  You're blind to impartiality, that's why I cannot take you seriously in matters regarding this family verses other's families politically.  

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

OMG, Cushner lied to congress.  You never seemed to mind when "certain other people" lied to congress.  You're blind to impartiality, that's why I cannot take you seriously in matters regarding this family verses other's families politically.  

He's been waaaay more honest about the Obama administration than you've been about Trump 

And that's a fact jack

7 hours ago, Darth Falcon said:

I don't really care how you protest. If you live in the US in 2017 you are privileged regardless of race. Are there racist police officers sure. and they need to be fired. Have those Racist officers killed murdered black men. Yes. Is 1 to many? yes. those officers need to in prison.

Does this happen only to Black Americans? No 

Do black Americans have fatal run ins purely in numbers more by police? No

50% of police shootings are white

26% of police shootings are black

Do black Americans have fatal run ins with the police  by percentage more? Yes

Why is it systemic Racism by cops or are they interacting more with cops in volitile situations? Let's see the black community makes up roughly only 12% of the population yet commits ( 2009 studies had these percentages even higher)

52% of Homicides in the US

56% of armed robberies in the US. 

Black Americans killing other black Americans fell below 90% for the first time in 2015 holy cow I didn't know that number was that huge.

What we have is a situation where a 12% part of the population is comitting over 50% of violent crimes. Which means are more likely to have encounters with cops at a disproportionate rate and seeing as many of these are violent criminals it's not unreasonable to assume that many of these encounters ala Michael brown. Turn violent. Unarmed does not mean not dangerous. Armed or not any human being  is capable of being dangerous within 5-10 feet.

Now

40% of cop killers are black

A police officer is 18.5 times.more likely to be killed by a black America than a black American to be killed by a white cop.

This does not justify unnecessary police force in any way but it does show why black Americans are statistically arrested more percentage wise. Because statistically black Americans are committing a over 50% of violent crimes while only being 12% of the population. 

More arrests mean more encounters, more encounters by violent criminals means higher chance if Violent outcomes. I'm all for finding specific cases like Walter Scott where we can see he's shooting an unarmed man in the back who's running away and it's lock that cop up. But this idea that black Americans are perpetual victims and unfairly treated and unfairly targeted  by everyone in 2017 is simply untrue.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/race-and-homicide-in-america-by-the-numbers%3Fcontext=amp

So you threw a bunch of numbers at me.  I pretty much expect this in any situation when we talk about this topic.  Have you ever asked yourself why?  Have you ever dug into it and really tried to understand why things like this happen?  Now you may point to sin, which all of this is, but that kind of just stops our convo and doesn't let us talk further.

high level (I won't go too far back because people tend not to understand that trauma lasts over many generations), Jim Crow laws and the post Jim Crow policing bred a lot of distrust between police and the black community.  Media played into as well.  During the civil rights movement it got much worse as you can see by many photographs from the era.  (I want you to take a look at the arguments that were made against the protesting that was done in the era and compare it to now)  Now let's move to the war on drugs.  There was a fight concentrated in particular communities.  The media and the two presidents that played up that war made it look like mostly black people were the ones behind it.  The fear was bred through imagery used during the time.  100-1 crack to cocaine is a great example along with mandatory minimums.  War on crime made things worse with the 3 strikes your out policies and continuing the many violations of the 4th, 6th, 7th, and 8th amendments.  I'll stop here on this topic and move to economics.

so globalization started  during the civil rights movement.  Factories started closing in the inner cities and the ones that stayed moved to the suburbs.  who were mostly in the suburbs and who were mostly in the inner cities?  With few economic choices, people became trapped and look for anyway to feed their families and some people started to turn to drugs to make ends meet.  If you know about the drug war, the CIA pumped drugs into the US and allowed its distribution.

this is so much to type with thumbs.  You can see how this starts to let police have more interactions with the black community, which would lead to more poor outcomes.

7 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Some 'Trumpsters' just don't get it. We have to paint a picture for them to understand basic thoughts. I personally think that we should take all Trump supporters and penalize them for being stupid.

insult kingsley stupidity stupid people why are people so fucking stupid GIF

Edited by big_dog