2 hours ago, achilles return said:

and i like how kicker is just pretending that this massive windfall to the wealthy is just a natural result of cutting the federal individual income taxe, as if they aren't, you know, explicitly targeting the estate tax and the amt. 

AMT doesn't affect the top earners.  It barely hits the top 1%.  The estate tax is hardly relevant anymore.  The really wealthy can avoid it completely with estate planning.

• Replies 96.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• Leon Troutsky

• Psychic Gibbon

• AF89

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saving for posterity...just sayin'

Besides some of the negatives (like some dumb tweets) I'm getting what I voted for.  I wanted an outsider who was willing to change the old status quo Washington and (GOP) and take care of the nasty,

That's your fall back, I should've just posted that for you to save you some time.  

Posted Images

So on Monday night I'm in Atlanta and I hook up with my third Asian American chick ever. Then I awaken early Tuesday morning to some of the worst kidney stone pain I've ever experienced. Fortunately, I was near Northside and I was able to have a stint put in by a nice Hebrew gentleman who is the hospital's Head of Urology. He wasn't able to remove the stone, as there was a significant infection present, so I'll have lithotripsy next week, which utilizes shock waves to break up the stone. I'll only be checking the board sporadically over the next week or so. But there is good news, as my Vietnamese lady friend now has official side chick status. She's studying to become a pharmacist, she's already making a good living doing product endorsements on her Instagram, and she's in the top 2 all-time for best tittays I've ever seent in person.

43E1XRW.png

9 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Buddy....this is a pretty tough hill to defend. 

Current tax structures have absolutely exacerbated wealth inequality. While there are certainly other contributing factors, you'd be hard pressed to present a compelling argument that the decrease in marriage or spawning is more causally impactful than the various tactics employed to minimize the tax burden of the folks receiving the largest shares of income. 

I like how you say "receiving the largest share of income" as if they just wake up every day and some guy delivers it to their door step.  That tells me where your head is on this, so it's really not worth my time to show you plenty of evidence that wealth inequality isn't actually a problem on the top end.  Who gives a flip in some guy is worth $50,000,000,000 dollars.  I care more about the 120 million people that have net worth of zero.  And more importantly, rich dude isn't rich at the expense of the 120,000,000 people.  

i want to point out how dishonest kicker is being:

2 hours ago, kicker said:

So yes, it's no surprise to anyone that lowering tax rates is going to benefit the people that actually pay the taxes.  

22 minutes ago, kicker said:

AMT doesn't affect the top earners.  It barely hits the top 1%.  The estate tax is hardly relevant anymore.  The really wealthy can avoid it completely with estate planning.  

his original contention was that this tax reform's windfall to the rich is merely happenstance - it's the result of high income earners position as high tax payers, nothing more! when i pointed out that the gop is explicitly targeting the estate tax and the amt, the former which only effects the .2 percent wealthiest estates and the latter that almost solely affects household incomes greater than two hundred thousand a year, suddenly he's defending both cuts on their face.

look at how fast those goalposts move. 

8 minutes ago, kicker said:

I like how you say "receiving the largest share of income" as if they just wake up every day and some guy delivers it to their door step.  That tells me where your head is on this, so it's really not worth my time to show you plenty of evidence that wealth inequality isn't actually a problem on the top end.  Who gives a flip in some guy is worth $50,000,000,000 dollars.  I care more about the 120 million people that have net worth of zero.  And more importantly, rich dude isn't rich at the expense of the 120,000,000 people.  

haha man you're a terrible person.

1 hour ago, achilles return said:

kicker is the real-life version of that wsj article with all the sad rich people exasperated at minor tax increases while getting tens of thousands of dollars in investment income annually. 

Ok dude.  You are either just being a smarmy prick or you haven't been reading what I wrote where I specifically said I believe the top earners should pay more than they currently do, on average.  Either way, I'm done discussing.  

37 minutes ago, achilles return said:

there is a documented, direct relationship between income taxes and exploding wealth inequality.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w19075

http://www.epi.org/publication/rising-income-inequality-role-shifting-market/

the tax code is one of society's single best tools for wealth transfer. it's money taken off directly the top and can used to fund the very things like education that you want to paint as a separate issue. it's nonsense. no one is buying your garbage, dude. 

When life expectancy decreases for the first time in decades, and

when an ever increasing wealth inequality has reached it's highest levels in decades,

it is not time for a Tax Cut for the wealthiest 1%.

Here's my take... the Rich know that genetic medical advances are increasing at such a rate that substantially increasing life expectancy is within reach of the next 10 to 20 years. Those same individuals lust for immortality, yet they know the monetary costs of those medical advances will be extreme for the first many years. That's why we see these uber wealthy elites hoarding their wealth at the expense of the life expectancy of the common man. It's sickening, but someone has to pay for the gene therapy etc. and they all want to be part of that class of individuals that lives into their 100s.

The only thing that ever made America "exceptional" was our vibrant and expanding middle class, in which wages increased with productivity. But we're now in late capitalism and the current system rewards the hoarding of wealth above all else. So we can either address the fact that we're living in the Gilded Age 2.0 peacefully, or the ruling class is gonna need to hire a lot of private security.

2 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

The only thing that ever made America "exceptional" was our vibrant and expanding middle class, in which wages increased with productivity. But we're now in late capitalism and the current system rewards the hoarding of wealth above all else. So we can either address the fact that we're living in the Gilded Age 2.0 peacefully, or the ruling class is gonna need to hire a lot of private security.

Which is why so much money goes to defense. We will eventually begin guarding our own people from the wealthy.

Matter of fact, one could say it’s already began!

San Juan Mayor on tv begging for help as her plea was in response to people dying and very poor assistance from the Federal groups. She specifically blasted Trump for basically sitting on his arse other than when he dissed Puerto Rico for being broke. Deaths are occuring from dehydration and starvation. She added that Trump is pathetic in directing a rescue response. Many are beginning to say it's Trumps racist slow response because PR are brown skins. That's a stretch but if it proves out to be credible . . . . . JFC . . .  how much more of him can we stand?  Earlier Trump said he planned to go there. I'll bet you he doesn't.

Edited by big_dog
1 minute ago, big_dog said:

San Juan Mayor on tv begging for help as her plea was in response to people dying and very poor assistance from the Federal groups. She specifically blasted Trump for basically sitting on his arse other than when he dissed Puerto Rico for being broke. Deaths are occuring from dehydration and starvation. She added that Trump is pathetic in directing a rescue response.

Many are beginning to say it's Trumps racist slow response because PR are brown skins. That's a stretch but if it proves out to be credible . . . . . JFC . . .  how much more of him can we stand?  Earlier Trump said he planned to go there. I'll bet you he doesn't.

Trump just found out that PR is in the ocean.