Jump to content

The Trump Presidency


silentbob1272
 Share

Recommended Posts

Rep. Al Green Will Introduce Articles of Impeachment Next Week

Posted by Editor Published on September 28, 2017
al_green_1495667989.jpg

But Congress will run scared and won't do a thing.   . . . . . . . .SAD

Unable to listen to drumpf’s denigration of black athletes any longer without taking action, Democratic Congressman Al Green from Houston will introduce articles of impeachment on the House floor next week.

“Green said Tuesday that he plans to introduce articles of impeachment next week and use special House procedures to bring them to a rapid floor vote, marking the first time that Trump would be subjected to an impeachment vote in Congress.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, big_dog said:

Rep. Al Green Will Introduce Articles of Impeachment Next Week

Posted by Editor Published on September 28, 2017
al_green_1495667989.jpg

But Congress will run scared and won't do a thing.   . . . . . . . .SAD

Unable to listen to drumpf’s denigration of black athletes any longer without taking action, Democratic Congressman Al Green from Houston will introduce articles of impeachment on the House floor next week.

“Green said Tuesday that he plans to introduce articles of impeachment next week and use special House procedures to bring them to a rapid floor vote, marking the first time that Trump would be subjected to an impeachment vote in Congress.”

Maybe because.....that's what they should do. Talking impeachment right now is reckless and foolish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Maybe because.....that's what they should do. Talking impeachment right now is reckless and foolish.

I agreed before Trump claimed that some people marching with nazis and white supremacist were "good people' and those that kneel during the anthem in protest of police brutality were sons of ******...Dude needs to be impeached, sanctioned or something.  Trump does not deserve to be POTUS and he refuses to even fking pretend that he does.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

IF Democrats are going to introduce articles of impeachment it should be over the firing of Comey and his meddling in the House investigation via Nunes.  Insulting NFL players isn't grounds for impeachment.

That's why I don't think it's going to happen. As dumb as the Clinton impeachment was, he did 100% committ perjury. Is there sufficient evidence for any type of criminal indictment of Trump?

Simply being an a**hole is not grounds for impeachment and would set a really bad precedent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Puerto Rico story is starting to get very ugly...the San Juan mayor is starting to launch on the administration after  Homeland Security Secretary Elaine Duke called it a "good news story"...

"I know it is really a good news story in terms of our ability to reach people and the limited number of deaths that have taken place in such a devastating hurricane," Duke said.

"Well maybe from where she's standing it's a good news story," Yulín Cruz told CNN's Alisyn Camerota after she was played the clip on "New Day." "When you're drinking from a creek, it's not a good news story. When you don't have food for a baby, it's not a good news story. When you have to pull people down from buildings -- I'm sorry, that really upsets me and frustrates me."

She continued: "I would ask you (Duke) to come down here and visit the towns and then make a statement like that, because frankly, it is an irresponsible statement in contrast with the statements of support that I have been getting yesterday when I got that call from the White House. Dammit, this is not a good news story. This is a 'people are dying' story. It's a life or death story."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

That's why I don't think it's going to happen. As dumb as the Clinton impeachment was, he did 100% committ perjury. Is there sufficient evidence for any type of criminal indictment of Trump?

Simply being an a**hole is not grounds for impeachment and would set a really bad precedent. 

I personally believe that we crossed the threshold of impeachable offenses with his firing of Comey combined with the persistent lies and efforts to impede investigations into the Russia meddling.  But the case for impeachment has to be solid and well-articulated and based on a mountain of facts (which exist in this case).  There is also a case to be made that he is simply unfit for office based on his behaviors.

As you said, though, simply being an a**hole isn't grounds for impeachment.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I personally believe that we crossed the threshold of impeachable offenses with his firing of Comey combined with the persistent lies and efforts to impede investigations into the Russia meddling.  But the case for impeachment has to be solid and well-articulated and based on a mountain of facts (which exist in this case).  There is also a case to be made that he is simply unfit for office based on his behaviors.

As you said, though, simply being an a**hole isn't grounds for impeachment.  

 If the evidence is there, fine. But I really hate the idea of impeachment becoming a routine tool used by the opposition party and I'm afraid that's a very real possibility. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

 If the evidence is there, fine. But I really hate the idea of impeachment becoming a routine tool used by the opposition party and I'm afraid that's a very real possibility. 

No doubt and I share that concern.  It's intended for extraordinary circumstances.  I'd say Trump's behavior regarding the various investigations into his campaign qualify for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, achilles return said:

so the extent of the gop strategy for passing massive tax cuts for the wealthiest people in the country is just to lie and say "man, our tax code is soooooo old!" a lot.

 

Which is why opponents should never call it "tax reform." Call it what it is: Tax cuts for the wealthy and/or tax hikes for the poor and middle class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, achilles return said:

so the extent of the gop strategy for passing massive tax cuts for the wealthiest people in the country is just to lie and say "man, our tax code is soooooo old!" a lot.

 

It's been 4 days.  Are you just looking for something to ***** about at this point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kicker said:

It's been 4 days.  Are you just looking for something to ***** about at this point?

this is our society

bEla99W.png

and they're cutting the top rate, raising the bottom rate, eliminating the estate tax, eliminating the amt. when these cuts cause the deficit to explode they'll turn around and claim we have to cut social security and medicare. they're willing to burn society down if it means they could rule the ashes. if they are not stopped it will end in violence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

when i say the gop is the most dangerous organization in human history i'm not speaking lightly. neoliberalism will rot society's bonds until they no longer can keep us together. when the modes of production have become completely revolutionized by automation unlike anything seen before - when capital becomes labor, people who labor will no longer be needed.

we will either democratize the economy or we will be culled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

This is heading to the Supreme Court...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/louisiana-bossier-parish-schools-national-anthem_us_59cd7a7ce4b05f005d33311e?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

34 Schools In Louisiana Told By District That Athletes Should Stand For Anthem

FFS . . . .Classic meaningless wedge issue . . . Sure, flag burning got folks fired up but that got old.  I figured Confederate Statue Removal would keep us occupied for a while, but alas, apparently not.

So now we have this absurd distraction.  I appreciate the sincerity on both sides, but I don't think we need to be litigating any of this. 

Sorry, we probably SHOULD litigate this.  We should not LEGISLATE what people do during the National Anthem! 

And that's how you work the wedge:  Find something offensive to the majority, but Constitutionally protected.  Seek to legislate it.  Blame Judges.

Just stop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...