8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Okay, so you don't understand a lot.  That's fine.  We can take this up at a later date.  I will be traveling to my new home, I have settlement tomorrow, a ton of deliveries to attend to, so I will be busy for a while.  I'll be back in a few days and I can help you then.  

Ok

• Replies 96.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• Leon Troutsky

• Psychic Gibbon

• AF89

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saving for posterity...just sayin'

Besides some of the negatives (like some dumb tweets) I'm getting what I voted for.  I wanted an outsider who was willing to change the old status quo Washington and (GOP) and take care of the nasty,

That's your fall back, I should've just posted that for you to save you some time.  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, AF89 said:

I know it's a strange concept to you unless thier democrats but maybe holding the people actually in the know responsible for lying about their Intel to justify a war to get rich off defense privatization and fat contracts might catch them a little flack for some number of years after. Strange reaction as it is

Iraq had WMDs .  One of Hussein's generals even confessed.

23 hours ago, big_dog said:

To me it is increasingly obvious that Congress has no stomach for impeachment and also that the President is not up to the job. Trump’s bad statements about nearly everything reveal themselves to be blunders of incompetence.  Trump is in constant need of managing. He believes false reports and refuses to read truthful ones. His anger towards things that he has no business spouting off about and his inability to accept responsibility like the slow response to Puerto Rico's humanitarian plea show his inability to perform as President.

Take a look at Article 4 of our 25th Amendment that gives Congress the power to remove him if it is shown he is unable to discharge his duties  . . . which he demonstrates day after day after day.

'Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.'

I know it's a longshot but something needs to happen. It could be too long of a wait to have hopes that Mueller could do it for us.

I seem to be right on cue with the majority of Americans:

MSNBC  6:00 AM  'Morning Joe' reporting 56% of Americans polled say Trump is unfit to hold office.

Any topic he goes public with contains nothing but Bullsh!t. Most recently his math inability saying he has the vote to pass healthcare if it weren't for the one Senator being in the hospital (which he wasn't) and then in the same sentence saying there were still one or two more votes that wouldn't allow it to pass. WTF is wrong with his brain? Just more proof he isn't competent to hold a roll of toilet paper let alone the Office of Presidency. Can't wait to see what each new day brings to further my claim.

Worth a read folks:

Bill Palmer
Updated: 11:20 pm EDT Wed Sep 27, 2017

Donald Trump finally admits the insanely corrupt reason he’s letting Americans die in Puerto Rico

Weeks after Hurricane Maria crushed Puerto Rico and left its millions of American citizens without electricity or drinking water, the Donald Trump administration’s relief and recovery effort has been painfully inept. Famous athletes and musicians have done more to help the people on the island with private jets than Trump has. Now he’s finally admitting the reason he’s been sitting back and letting people die down there: money. And it’s not even his money.

There’s an obscure, nearly hundred year old law called the Jones Act which was intended to favor U.S. owned shipping companies, but over the years it’s since had the unintended consequence of making it cumbersome to ship things from the mainland United States to Puerto Rico. At the moment, that law is specifically preventing emergency supplies from reaching Puerto Rico. Trump could temporarily waive that law with the stroke of a pen, and in fact he did precisely that when hurricanes hit Texas and Florida. Burt even though the Jones Act is negatively impacting Puerto Rico much more directly, Trump has yet to waive it. His reasoning?

Trump told a pool of reporters that “We have a lot of shippers and a lot of people that work in the shipping industry that don’t want the Jones Act lifted.” That’s his actual quote. He’s openly admitting that because some of his wealthy cronies in the shipping industry don’t want to lose a few days’ worth of revenue, he’s willing to let people continue to die in Puerto Rico. Again, these people are United States citizens.

The shipping industry is probably afraid that if the federal government suspends the Jones Act temporarily, it’ll open the door for the people of Puerto Rico to get a permanent exemption, because that law has always unfairly impacted them. As per his custom, Trump is siding with the rich people who want the law to work unfairly in their favor, no matter how badly it screws middle class Americans – or in this case kills them.

Edited by big_dog
9 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It only really affects the most affluent and is a decent way of reducing wealth accumulation into a few families. All things considered, the estate tax should be increased.

I fundamentally disagree with the concept.  I'm not angry at the wealthy.  I don't think money/possessions, etc should be taxed just because someone died...

57 minutes ago, big_dog said:

I seem to be right on cue with the majority of Americans:

MSNBC  6:00 AM  'Morning Joe' reporting 56% of Americans polled say Trump is unfit to hold office.

Any topic he goes public with contains nothing but Bullsh!t. Most recently his math inability saying he has the vote to pass healthcare if it weren't for the one Senator being in the hospital (which he wasn't) and then in the same sentence saying there were still one or two more votes that wouldn't allow it to pass. WTF is wrong with his brain? Just more proof he isn't competent to hold a roll of toilet paper let alone the Office of Presidency. Can't wait to see what each new day brings to further my claim.

I don't blame him for being an idiot, he is so stupid he may not even be self aware enough to realize he's an idiot. I'll blame him for being a racist, sexist, bigot.

Gotta blame the supporters that even in the face of self admitted video evidence keep supporting him even though we know for a fact based on HIS OWN WORDS he is a sexist, racist, dumbass who had the world handed to him on a gold platter and still managed to go through 3 bankruptcies.

Trump isn't some unknown, he has literally built his brand based on ripping people off and we knew this yet idiot republican voters still choose to vote him in office.

Edited by MAD597
25 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I don't blame him for being an idiot, he is so stupid he may not even be self aware enough to realize he's an idiot. I'll blame him for being a racist, sexist, bigot.

Gotta blame the supporters that even in the face of self admitted video evidence keep supporting him even though we know for a fact based on HIS OWN WORDS he is a sexist, racist, dumbass who had the world handed to him on a gold platter and still managed to go through 3 bankruptcies.

Trump isn't some unknown, he has literally built his brand based on ripping people off and we knew this yet idiot republican voters still choose to vote him in office.

Add everything together and why hasn't Congress said to him "YOU FIRED YOU ARSEHOLE" ?

1 hour ago, capologist said:

I fundamentally disagree with the concept.  I'm not angry at the wealthy.  I don't think money/possessions, etc should be taxed just because someone died...

There are some genuine issues with the estate tax, however.  For instance, if I own 1000 shares of XYZ stock, and I bought that stock at $10 a share, and when I die, it's $100/share, my estate will receive an updated cost basis of $100/share.  So my heirs will not pay taxes on the $90 per share gain and instead can sell it tomorrow and pay no taxes on it.  I have a serious problem with that.  

It would have been nice if Founders like Thomas Paine won out regarding inheritance. He wanted the government to seize all assets when someone died, sell them off, and distribute that wealth to the rest of the population... an idea he got from libertarian ubermensch Adam Smith.

I guess the other Founders, who were almost all aristocrats and business magnates, really wanted to keep the aristocratic system.

7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It would have been nice if Founders like Thomas Paine won out regarding inheritance. He wanted the government to seize all assets when someone died, sell them off, and distribute that wealth to the rest of the population... an idea he got from libertarian ubermensch Adam Smith.

I guess the other Founders, who were almost all aristocrats and business magnates, really wanted to keep the aristocratic system.

So the gub'ment could have seized all of my dad's guitars and amps and sold them off?  Nah. 

58 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.gif

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

The shipping industry is probably afraid that if the federal government suspends the Jones Act temporarily, it’ll open the door for the people of Puerto Rico to get a permanent exemption, because that law has always unfairly impacted them. As per his custom, Trump is siding with the rich people who want the law to work unfairly in their favor, no matter how badly it screws middle class Americans – or in this case kills them.