Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• Leon Troutsky

• Psychic Gibbon

• AF89

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saving for posterity...just sayin'

Besides some of the negatives (like some dumb tweets) I'm getting what I voted for.  I wanted an outsider who was willing to change the old status quo Washington and (GOP) and take care of the nasty,

That's your fall back, I should've just posted that for you to save you some time.  

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yes, I really worry about :rolleyes: what ESPN says about our POTUS, ESPN needs to get out of the politics business, stick to sports.  Yes, I'm hoping for the good he will do for all of us.  

Give that advice to your savior who encouraged everyone to boycott American business.

Do you not realize how many companies and employees are tied to the NFL? Food vendors, beverage companies, Apparel, Transport, Bus/Marta, Ticket sales, Hotel..and everything that pertains to revenue when fans come to town? The President spent the weekend Damaging and dividing the nation.  Tell me again about how he gives a Sh!T? 

4 minutes ago, defcon4 said:

Give that advice to your savior who encouraged everyone to boycott American business.

Do you not realize how many companies and employees are tied to the NFL? Food vendors, beverage companies, Apparel, Transport, Bus/Marta, Ticket sales, Hotel..and everything that pertains to revenue when fans come to town? The President spent the weekend Damaging and dividing the nation.  Tell me again about how he gives a Sh!T? 

It's not Trump who is driving away the NFL customer, it's ESPN.  

7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The NFL's TV ratings are down so far this season and if that news isn't distressing enough for the biggest ratings driver on TV, the latest slump follows a 2016 season marked by unstable ratings that had pundits and analysts scratching their heads.

So is it time for the league and its TV partners to panic once again? The answer is that it's simply too early to tell.

Brian Hughes, a senior vice president at Magna, which monitors audience trends, believes Hurricane Irma impacted viewership during the NFL's first week. There's also not enough of a sample size of games to make an true assessment of the league's viewership so far, he said.

But the ratings slump could also be a sign of disruptive media trends on the horizon.

"In general people's attention spans have changed," Hughes said. "There's evidence that people are intensely interested in fewer things and generally interested in more things, and I think that's a function of deluge of content that we are finding ourselves in nowadays."

Related: NFL kickoff ratings take a hit, but is Hurricane Irma to blame?

NBC's "Sunday Night Football" in the first two weeks of the regular season is down 7% in viewership compared to last year; ESPN's "Monday Night Football," is down 5%; and the averages of Sunday afternoon games on Fox and CBS are down 11% and 19% respectively, according to Nielsen data. Also, CBS hasn't yet had a 4:25 p.m. national game this season, which usually brings in the biggest viewership of the weekend.

But the league could still stage a ratings comeback like it did last year when the election ended and the playoffs approached.

"It's early yet. No need to snort a Xanax," Anthony Crupi of Ad Age tweeted about the early NFL.

Some marquee games have already performed better than they did last year, such as NBC's "SNF" opener between the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys, which was up 6% over the comparable game last year.

And let's not forget that the NFL is still the biggest show in town when it comes to ratings.

"The ratings, even while down, are still pretty much the highest on TV, and I think it remains very valuable as a promotional platform for other shows," Hughes said. "I don't think the NFL is in trouble or dead or anything like that."

Yet, if the NFL's ratings don't get back to square soon, the league and its partners will run out of excuses for why fans aren't tuning in, and may need to figure out what to do next rather than what to blame.

There is a bunch of cherry picking going on with ratings be up or  down.  Regardless, it's not going to stop me from watching.  

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The NFL's TV ratings are down so far this season and if that news isn't distressing enough for the biggest ratings driver on TV, the latest slump follows a 2016 season marked by unstable ratings that had pundits and analysts scratching their heads.

So is it time for the league and its TV partners to panic once again? The answer is that it's simply too early to tell.

Brian Hughes, a senior vice president at Magna, which monitors audience trends, believes Hurricane Irma impacted viewership during the NFL's first week. There's also not enough of a sample size of games to make an true assessment of the league's viewership so far, he said.

But the ratings slump could also be a sign of disruptive media trends on the horizon.

"In general people's attention spans have changed," Hughes said. "There's evidence that people are intensely interested in fewer things and generally interested in more things, and I think that's a function of deluge of content that we are finding ourselves in nowadays."

Related: NFL kickoff ratings take a hit, but is Hurricane Irma to blame?

NBC's "Sunday Night Football" in the first two weeks of the regular season is down 7% in viewership compared to last year; ESPN's "Monday Night Football," is down 5%; and the averages of Sunday afternoon games on Fox and CBS are down 11% and 19% respectively, according to Nielsen data. Also, CBS hasn't yet had a 4:25 p.m. national game this season, which usually brings in the biggest viewership of the weekend.

But the league could still stage a ratings comeback like it did last year when the election ended and the playoffs approached.

"It's early yet. No need to snort a Xanax," Anthony Crupi of Ad Age tweeted about the early NFL.

Some marquee games have already performed better than they did last year, such as NBC's "SNF" opener between the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys, which was up 6% over the comparable game last year.

And let's not forget that the NFL is still the biggest show in town when it comes to ratings.

"The ratings, even while down, are still pretty much the highest on TV, and I think it remains very valuable as a promotional platform for other shows," Hughes said. "I don't think the NFL is in trouble or dead or anything like that."

Yet, if the NFL's ratings don't get back to square soon, the league and its partners will run out of excuses for why fans aren't tuning in, and may need to figure out what to do next rather than what to blame.

There is a bunch of cherry picking going on with ratings be up or  down.  Regardless, it's not going to stop me from watching.  

Yet during boycott weekend the ratings were up. :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, defcon4 said:

WFW will support all Republicans to get his agenda passed. Questions of morality or ethics or anything and everything take a back seat to the Republican platform. You can debate him all you want, but all his positions are edified by that "Conservative" ideology. There's no compromise with ideologues.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

As Trump Attacks NFL, Weekend Ratings Are Mixed

You mean up and  down...okay I'll accept that

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddieberg/2017/09/25/as-trump-attacks-nfl-weekend-ratings-are-mixed/#5c5bc6d6ce16

Overall ratings were up, especially for ESPN. The network that took the biggest hit was Fox, so I look forward to how the big wigs there make Fox News change their tune this week.

21 minutes ago, defcon4 said:

That was the toddler president doing what he does best. Dividing people and stirring the pot. And he did so for little other reason than to give his base some red meat and a whim to rekindle old grudges  (even tho the vast majority of the executives and owners that wrinkled their noses in disgust at Trump are long dead or retired)

Just example #579 of how he is still immature, isn't and never was fit to bear the mantle of the office of the presidency. 

3 minutes ago, MACK4ttACK said:

WFW will support all Republicans to get his agenda passed. Questions of morality or ethics or anything and everything take a back seat to the Republican platform. You can debate him all you want, but all his positions are edified by that "Conservative" ideology. There's no compromise with ideologues.

So wrong and you know better than that too.  You just gave a typical synopsis of a Liberal...well done young padawan 

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Overall ratings were up, especially for ESPN. The network that took the biggest hit was Fox, so I look forward to how the big wigs there make Fox News change their tune this week.

You take the high road and I'll take the high road...:D

"Fox NFL Kickoff," was up 30% compared to last year while its second pregame show, "Fox NFL Sunday," was up 9%. Both networks tackled the political news of the weekend.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

"Fox NFL Kickoff," was up 30% compared to last year while its second pregame show, "Fox NFL Sunday," was up 9%. Both networks tackled the political news of the weekend.

I'm not going to lie... I wish the ratings for pregame shows were at 0. They are all unbearable.

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

So in other words your saying the actual segments where talking heads actually discussed protests were watched only for people to later filter out rather than watch the Browns :shrug:

Sure am sick of that identity politics.

10 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Twitter just bumped the character limit to 280 characters. Eric Garland is going to go ham.

I think editing tweets is what separates Twitter from every other platform alive. Can you edit speech? No, once you speak, it's been said. That's to say there's value in immutability.