The Trump Presidency

silentbob1272

38 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Not this sh!t again!!!!  Check the stat for white on white crime then mosey on back to this thread so we can discuss.

Black on black crime is not a myth. The %'s of black on black crime in 2015 was roughly 90% and white on white crime virtually 80%. Both high and its true, victims tend to overwhelmingly be victimized by people of their own color. You then break down the #'s of crimes being committed, and the stats are upsetting to say the least. "

Crime trends[edit]

Some studies have argued for smaller racial disparities in violent crime in recent times. However, a study of government data from 1980–2008 found that the reduction in Black violent crime relative to White violent crime was an artifact of those previous studies, which was due to Hispanic offenders being counted as White in the comparison. The Hispanic population has been increasing rapidly and Hispanics have violence rates higher than that of Whites but lower than that of Blacks.[32]

Homicide[edit]

According to the US Department of Justice, African Americans accounted for 52.5% of all homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for African Americans was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of white victims killed by whites, and 93% of African Americans victims were killed by African Americans .[42][43][44]

In 2013, number and percentage of murder arrests by race were:

Black or African Americans 4,379 = 52.2%
White Americans (including Hispanic Americans) 3,799 = 45.3%
American Indians or Alaska Natives 98 = 1.06%
Asian Americans 101 = 1.2% [45][46]
Edited by dirtyhairy

31 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

If you watched the game yesterday you are supporting this "activism."  And by posting on this message board, you are contributing to the Falcons' revenue through advertising revenue.  If you don't like it, you shouldn't watch the Falcons or post here any longer.  Otherwise you are supporting it. 

I've already started. As a season ticket holder for 10-12 years, I am no longer. I in turn have turned off the Tube and don't watch the NFL any where near like I had. The NFL channel, GONE. ESPN - GONE. Instead of going to 8 or 9 games per year, I will go to 1. Like me, there are millions of others who are going to do the same. Kappernicks BS caused the turn offs of millions of fans last year, so NOW, he's some type of Hero like that terrorist Che now, so the NFL is going to be losing a TON more money. Advertisers will start to panic if all this continues. When the NFL announces no more anthem to start the games, or the teams don't go out for it, you will see a dying sport in real trouble. Its coming because the cowardice of the League and their butting up with activism and Political Correctness( which now entails disrespecting our sacred flag and Anthem, Men violating womens bathrooms, etc) and so it all will go. 

Edited by dirtyhairy

1 minute ago, dirtyhairy said:

I've already started. As a season ticket holder very decades, I am no longer. I in turn have turned off the Tube and don't watch the NFL any where near like I had. The NFL channel, GONE. ESPN - GONE. Instead of going to 8 or 9 games per year, I will go to 1.

Sounds like you're still supporting it. 

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

My bad then.

IIRC, the Wagner Act doesn't apply to contractors... and we all know how much of a hard on Silicon Valley has for contractors.

OK....admittedly this is wiki but I don't know that the Wagner Act even applies here

for the record, wiki says the only employees exempt seem to be government, railway, and airline. 

honestly I don't see anything in there that applies to this situation. care to take a look?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Labor_Relations_Act_of_1935

Listen, I've watched football twice as long as some of you have been alive.  I'm not dropping my football.  This will all shake itself out.  If I did this with everything that got a little rough I'd never be able to support anything.  I'll make a promise when the Falcons win there SB, I'll only support them until they win the 2nd SB...deal?

1 minute ago, Dago 3.0 said:

OK....admittedly this is wiki but I don't know that the Wagner Act even applies here

for the record, wiki says the only employees exempt seem to be government, railway, and airline. 

honestly I don't see anything in there that applies to this situation. care to take a look?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Labor_Relations_Act_of_1935

And independent contractors. I don't know if the ********* Google fired was a contractor but it is safe to assume that he was considering how Silicon Valley tends to operate.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

And independent contractors. I don't know if the ********* Google fired was a contractor but it is safe to assume that he was considering how Silicon Valley tends to operate.

any contention I had was strictly from the viewpoint of doing the protest while 'on the clock' and I still contend that freedom of speech and expression aren't the issue since this wasn't a labor issue (again even if they weren't contract employees). there is nothing to prevent an employer from requiring employees to adhere strictly to their job descriptions while being paid

however, with the owners on board it is also a moot point.

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It's so sad that Republicans will have to abandon the NFL and college football to make sure liberal institutions will no longer receive their money.

What normal decent people around the country want is FOOTBALL, not a bunch of political activism. Its like Hollywood, these leftist are INTENT on slamming their political activism on every dam thing. When sports became political is when the normal guy and gal say Enough.

Just now, dirtyhairy said:

What normal decent people around the country want is FOOTBALL, not a bunch of political activism. Its like Hollywood, these leftist are INTENT on slamming their political activism on every dam thing. When sports became political is when the normal guy and gal say Enough.

and again....if the owners are ok with their business being used for political activism a republican and a conservative should be ok with that

Just now, dirtyhairy said:

Hopefully you have an aneurysm watching players kneel for a minute before a three hour game.

11 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Lol

Also as much as Trump wants to take credit, viewership as a whole has been trending donward for about a decade and it's not just NFL or even sports. The Internet alone is killing all our traditional ways of measuring attention.

"Hurpa Durp Folks! Trumper Here! Just reminding you that you voted for a political Maverick in Our President Donald J Trump.

Thank GOD We have Trump and Gorsuch!! Thank you God! He will uphold Citizens United and protect campaign finance so that Business and the Free Market can decide how to express their political views as the Founding Fathers Intended! Gorsuch will repeal Abortion and he'll protect Citizens United! Thank you Donald Trump!!! MAGA"

8 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

In metered market numbers, the primetime matchup that saw the Washington Redskins beat the Oakland Raiders 27-10  snared an 11.6/20, the worst SNF has performed this season so far. It’s an 8% dip from the early numbers of last week’s game, Atlanta’s 34-23 win over Green Bay. Amid cheers and boos from fans at FedEx Field in Maryland last night, the third week of the SNF  season declined 10% from early numbers of the comparable game of last year on September 25, 2016.

Sunday’s SNF peaked with a 12.r5/20 during the second quarter from 9-9:30 PM ET. Still, NFL ratings are down double-digits this season so far after taking a similar tackle-for-loss last year.

These SNF numbers come on top of a tense Sunday that saw games across the nation under a new spotlight: how would teams respond to Trump’s blasts of Friday at a speech in Alabama and on social media. Started by currently unemployed quarterback and then San Francisco 49er Colin Kaepernick more than a year ago, several NFL players have been publicly protesting police brutality and racial injustice by not standing for the national anthem

2 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

They get 3 hours of football after a 90 second song is played you snowflake.