Jump to content

The Trump Presidency


silentbob1272
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

it also doesn't help that the media ignores any grassroots attempt to address black on black crime. it isn't like communities aren't trying but that sort of positive behavior doesn't sell newspapers (yes, outdated cliche') and unless a movement gets picked up by social media across the nation or national media it is pretty doomed to fail due to lack of attention

Not saying that isn't an issue or that poverty isn't the main driver of it. However, I'm not going to get lost in the reeds about it as chuckle****s like snak want. The protests began to raise awareness about police brutality and to strive for criminal justice reform. The usual suspects view this as a threat to the status quo and are thus doing everything they can to deflect and demonize.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Not saying that isn't an issue or that poverty isn't the main driver of it. However, I'm not going to get lost in the reeds about it as chuckle****s like snak want. The protests began to raise awareness about police brutality and to strive for criminal justice reform. The usual suspects view this as a threat to the status quo and are thus doing everything they can to deflect and demonize.

that is true but I still the my point is valid. at the end of the day, the media doesn't view it as something that is going to get ratings so it doesn't get covered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

The stupidity being unleashed by this flag protest has people claimin 1st amendment rights, oh my.

POTUS has told private business owners to fire employees for their speech.  SCOTUS has held that the 1st amendment applies to all branches of government, not just the legislature, and it does not always need a statute to trigger its protections, i.e., the school t shirt cases. 

The 1st amendment wasn't in issue until Trump made it an issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

apparently the Secret Service is broke

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/secret-money-because-trump-family-020005594.html

It's no secret that President Donald Trump is used to a certain kind of lifestyle. From weekly trips to Mar-a-Lago at $3.6 million a pop to a 17-day "working vacation" at his New Jersey golf club, it's also clear that he hasn't made any attempts to tamp down his jet-setting since taking office. But while bankrolling the gallivanting of a real estate developer or reality television star was Trump's prerogative before he took office, he's now reliant on the federal government and the taxpayers to foot the bill. To make matters worse, his entire family requires security protection when they travel. And like the president himself, none of them can stay still for very long. As a result, countless people have tried to slow the Trump family's roll - none of whom have found any sort of lasting success. That is, until now.

On Aug. 21, USA Today reported that the Secret Service budget had been depleted and "more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year." That's right: it's August, and the Trumps have officially maxed out the budget for their protection. While some of the weight can be shifted to the fact that Trump has 11 more people under protection than the previous administration did, it's hard to explain away some of the more egregious spends. Take, for example, "some $60,000 on golf cart rentals alone," the costs associated with Melania and Barron Trump spending the majority of this year living in the heart of Manhattan, or the fact that "Eric Trump's business travel to Uruguay cost the Secret Service nearly $100,000 just for hotel rooms."

"I would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done. I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off," Trump told a reporter back in 2015. And now, as the director of the Secret Service pleads his case on the Hill for a budget increase and the overtime can't be stacked up any further, Trump may soon have to do something completely out of character: be true to his word.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

apparently the Secret Service is broke

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/secret-money-because-trump-family-020005594.html

It's no secret that President Donald Trump is used to a certain kind of lifestyle. From weekly trips to Mar-a-Lago at $3.6 million a pop to a 17-day "working vacation" at his New Jersey golf club, it's also clear that he hasn't made any attempts to tamp down his jet-setting since taking office. But while bankrolling the gallivanting of a real estate developer or reality television star was Trump's prerogative before he took office, he's now reliant on the federal government and the taxpayers to foot the bill. To make matters worse, his entire family requires security protection when they travel. And like the president himself, none of them can stay still for very long. As a result, countless people have tried to slow the Trump family's roll - none of whom have found any sort of lasting success. That is, until now.

On Aug. 21, USA Today reported that the Secret Service budget had been depleted and "more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year." That's right: it's August, and the Trumps have officially maxed out the budget for their protection. While some of the weight can be shifted to the fact that Trump has 11 more people under protection than the previous administration did, it's hard to explain away some of the more egregious spends. Take, for example, "some $60,000 on golf cart rentals alone," the costs associated with Melania and Barron Trump spending the majority of this year living in the heart of Manhattan, or the fact that "Eric Trump's business travel to Uruguay cost the Secret Service nearly $100,000 just for hotel rooms."

"I would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done. I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off," Trump told a reporter back in 2015. And now, as the director of the Secret Service pleads his case on the Hill for a budget increase and the overtime can't be stacked up any further, Trump may soon have to do something completely out of character: be true to his word.

He is a terrible conservative in the original sense of the word.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

isn't that up to their employers? their employers have chosen to stand with the employees. case closed

Activism and disrespect our flag and national anthem it's not going to be tolerated by the fans. You want an example of activism going to ride? Look at Mizzou. Mizzou allowed all that bull to be run on their campus 2 years ago and now the school is in total collapse. The fanbase will not tolerate disrespect towards the flag and these owners we'll see their dollars dwindling and the Golden Goose is turning a different color and I guarantee you they will make the necessary adjustments. When the NFL tells Dallas they can't have stickers on their helmets commemorating the five cops killed and then you going to tell me they couldn't and won't make them stand for the flag? Well then that's nuts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Not this sh!t again!!!!  Check the stat for white on white crime then mosey on back to this thread so we can discuss.

Every time snake posts his jumbled garbled idiocy, I consider it white-on-white crime against me and all the other white posters here. But especially drake. Because he's the whitest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dirtyhairy said:

Activism and disrespect our flag and national anthem it's not going to be tolerated by the fans. You want an example of activism going to ride? Look at Mizzou. Mizzou allowed all that bull to be run on their campus 2 years ago and now the school is in total collapse. The fanbase will not tolerate disrespect towards the flag and these owners we'll see their dollars dwindling and the Golden Goose is turning a different color and I guarantee you they will make the necessary adjustments. When the NFL tells Dallas they can't have stickers on their helmets commemorating the five cops killed and then you going to tell me they couldn't and won't make them stand for the flag? Well then that's nuts.

If you watched the game yesterday you are supporting this "activism."  And by posting on this message board, you are contributing to the Falcons' revenue through advertising revenue.  If you don't like it, you shouldn't watch the Falcons or post here any longer.  Otherwise you are supporting it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah Snake! Stand up for your convictions and cease your support and activity of those socialist elbow rubbing the Atlanta Falcons!! I think I speak for almost everyone here in encouraging you in this brave endeavor. Godspeed you patriot! :golfclap:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...