The Trump Presidency

silentbob1272

1 hour ago, holymoses said:

I think I posted this yesterday, but I know that NO ONE in St. Louis watches the NFL these days, and I presume the same can be said about San Diego.

Losing those two markets, while seemingly not gaining anything in L.A., isn't helping anything either.

I know quite a few people in San Diego. They stopped watching altogether. There's too much cool stuff to do outside of football. Almost every Chargers fan I know has abandoned the NFL...

The NFL is in trouble. The left is killing thus as they've done with so many other entities.this protesting the flag is misunderstood exactly how Trump is misunderstood. At some juncture the espns of the world will see their mistakes but by that time Trump will have rallied the working class, middle America, and the activist class will have lost their ability to have men in women's bathrooms.

6 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

The NFL is in trouble. The left is killing thus as they've done with so many other entities.this protesting the flag is misunderstood exactly how Trump is misunderstood. At some juncture the espns of the world will see their mistakes but by that time Trump will have rallied the working class, middle America, and the activist class will have lost their ability to have men in women's bathrooms.

Remember when the "activist class" wanted to let black people drink from the same water fountains as white people?

Remember when White Cops turned dogs and fire hoses on the "activist class"?

I wonder what snak would have thought about the "activist" class back then?

9 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

LMAO at Arthur Blank being "the left".

14 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Never forget the real victims of police brutality and a broken criminal justice system. :(

look at this man...even if you believe that the protest isn't right anybody can see he is sincere about it and not trying to disrespect anybody. that alone should create an open dialogue

unfortunately the protest now is bigger than the message it represents 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miami-dolphins-apos-michael-thomas-062802659.html

additionally several of the Saints players who took part in the protest (yes, the black ones) have done work with the USO and other veterans organizations and I am sure the same holds true for every other team. why would anybody think they were now out to insult veterans?

perhaps that is the rhetoric being put out there to turn people against them

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

I feel like it we need to remind ourselves that Trump only stirred this **** up only after yet another attempt at Obamacare repeal failed. Naturally his dim witted followers foamed at the mouth about that instead of noticing their thick boy failing once again.

I love the idea of patriotism and being proud of my country and it pisses me off to see our president trying to use that to misrepresent people who have a valid complaint

14 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

The NFL is fine. They'll be a-ok...

mag_foster_113.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

I love the idea of patriotism and being proud of my country and it pisses me off to see our president trying to use that to misrepresent people who have a valid complaint

How is this helping black people vs cops? Black people are overwhelmingly killed by other black people. Black on black crime is through the roof. More whites are shot by police so how does kneeling or stretching during the anthem helping?

Edited by dirtyhairy

14 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

People think his words are important and he's only saying stuff so his supporters have a villain they don't have to think too hard about hating?

Just now, dirtyhairy said:

How is this helping black people vs cops? Black people are overwhelmingly killed by other black people. Black on black crime us through the roof. More whites are shot by police so how does kneeling or stretching during the anthem helping?

yes black on black crime is a problem. does citing one problem negate another?

JFC,  People in Puerto Rico are begging for help in the worst way. It's still neighbor helping neighbor. WTF is Pumpkin Head doing to help them out. Not a G** D*am* thing!  I wish someone would take his cell phone away and then flush it down his gold toilet.

North Korea has said Trump has declared war. That explains why Ivanka and Jeff haven't been seen lately. They are hiding in a bomb shelter.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

It's the go to argument from white supremacists whenever police brutality is brought up. It is meant to conjure up beliefs that blacks are naturally violent and it can't be helped.

it also doesn't help that the media ignores any grassroots attempt to address black on black crime. it isn't like communities aren't trying but that sort of positive behavior doesn't sell newspapers (yes, outdated cliche') and unless a movement gets picked up by social media across the nation or national media it is pretty doomed to fail due to lack of attention