The Trump Presidency

silentbob1272

18 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Can twitter suspend Trump's account before he starts a war with NK? Surely that's against the terms of service. 

bumping this to promote likes so it can get the little heart thingy. This just hit my funny bone.

Edited by Door Gunner

15 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Can twitter suspend Trump's account before he starts a war with NK? Surely that's against the terms of service. 

I'm trying to figure out if Trump is getting close to torture us and your parents with contract and or first amendment violation issues when he starts calling for owners to fire or suspend their employees who were exercising First Amendment rights. 

Yes, Trump is entitled to his own person amendment privileges, but he is also the president of the United States seemingly (government) acting to limit first amendment rights. 

5 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Blank's is disappointing after you read Kraft's. 

Don't do that.

You know what isn't disappointing? Arthur Blank's life's work promoting  equality, dignity, fairness  and decency.   

I think it's fair to say that, because of his political background, Blank cannot go as far as Kraft in condemning the president. Similarly, because Kraft had endorsed and funded Trump, he had to go further in the condemnation. 

Plus,  i'm afraid you have to consider the economic realities and political orientation of their mutual fan bases. :(

2 minutes ago, holymoses said:

Don't do that.

You know what isn't disappointing? Arthur Blank's life's work promoting  equality, dignity, fairness  and decency.   

I think it's fair to say that, because of his political background, Blank cannot go as far as Kraft in condemning the president. Similarly, because Kraft had endorsed and funded Trump, he had to go further in the condemnation. 

Plus,  i'm afraid you have to consider the economic realities and political orientation of their mutual fan bases. :(

Not standing for the anthem is a disgrace for any American. The flag represents us all and we are the luckiest people in history to live here, be born here and have the freedom we have here.

15 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

That's interesting because, until at least Wednesday or Thursday, Trump's  approval rating had been bouncing back to  historic lows of about two or three months ago. 

I wonder if this is an outlier or a new trend.I wonder if this is an outlier or a new trend.

Edit right now it looks like an outlier.  https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

2 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

Not standing for the anthem is a disgrace for any American. The flag represents us all and we are the luckiest people in history to live here, be born here and have the freedom we have here.

That’s right, including the freedom to mock a Gold Star family whose son was killed in combat and spouting anti-Muslim bigotry on a message board.  God Bless the U.S.A.

8 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

You know who I like?  Every American who had the courage to fight for the flag, and the right to protest that flag, REGARDLESS of whether or not they were captured in the course of their fight. 

Do you know who doesn't? Your freaking president. 

Do you think it's  a disgrace to mock American prisoners of war? 

Have you ever expressed your disgust with Trump for mocking prisoners of war?

I've got five bucks going to the Arthur Blank family foundation that says you don't answer those questions  straight. 

47 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

Ikr... I'm so jealous...

Life is so boring in Switzerland... Don't know what to do with all this money we got from our big salaries, this appalling safety in our cities and our pesky social institutions that actually work...