The Trump Presidency

silentbob1272

17 minutes ago, big_dog said:

I can agree with you but isn't it time for us dems to bite the bullet and not play the payback game? Let him be confirmed and move on with life. Trump finances will end up biting him in the arse sooner or later. Patience will prevail.

Democrats accused Republicans of standing in the way of Obama's policies (which they did) and now are doing the same thing in return, but two fold because of being a sore loser. Why be a part of any of it? Life is short so don't waste time on a life mission of seeing your "opponent" fail. Politics can't be good for anyone's health. It's an unneeded stress.

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

Democrats accused Republicans of standing in the way of Obama's policies (which they did) and now are doing the same thing in return, but two fold because of being a sore loser. Why be a part of any of it? Life is short so don't waste time on a life mission of seeing your "opponent" fail. Politics can't be good for anyone's health. It's an unneeded stress.

Or maybe Democrats and just continue the precedent set by Republicans...block everything the president does and then demand that Republicans be the altruistic ones the next time Democrats win the majority.  That seems reasonable, doesn't it?

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

There was another report of an elderly woman who had a legal visa, landed in America after a 20+ hour flight, and then was detained and interrogated for an additional nine hours without being given food and only one 8oz bottle of water.  

This has been going on in airports for a while. American citizens mistakenly put on the "No Fly" list.  Now you are outraged though, you are just so moral!. Which brings me to a real question.

How can you consider a leftist a progressive based on abortion alone? Is not progressiveness about humanity moving forward? How is that done if you do not reproduce? You guys seem philosophically flawed at the most basic level or either you are not really progressives.

11 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Why should Democrats not block him?  

I don't think they should, but I'm wondering why others think it's wrong for Democrats to filibuster.

Pointless, expending what little political capital they have left on a fruitless venture.

10 senate dems up for reelection in Trump won states.

If another justice retires (Kennedy-very possible, Ginsburg- probably only leaving feet first with Trump in the WH), there would be a true conservative power shift. They may want to keep their powder dry for that fight. This is simply replacing a conservative, constitutional justice with (hopefully) another. Not much change.

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Reminds me of Moral Mondays. 

A couple of key points. You will believe whatever you are told. Also Tea Party was real grass roots and is still around. Wapo believes their own propaganda. See this is the real danger of propaganda is that in a loop your own people start buying into it. Step back and watch.

1 minute ago, Sobeit said:

A couple of key points. You will believe whatever you are told. Also Tea Party was real grass roots and is still around. Wapo believes their own propaganda. See this is the real danger of propaganda is that in a loop your own people start buying into it. Step back and watch.

LOL. 

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Or maybe Democrats and just continue the precedent set by Republicans...block everything the president does and then demand that Republicans be the altruistic ones the next time Democrats win the majority.  That seems reasonable, doesn't it?

It's like watching twin red headed brothers fighting over a Stretch Armstrong aka Uncle Sam. Hellbent political nonsense from both sides with media force feeding you doom and gloom 24/7 is tearing the country apart by making people have to pick a team.  America has been way too political for the past 5 years. 

13 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

Pointless, expending what little political capital they have left on a fruitless venture.

10 senate dems up for reelection in Trump won states.

If another justice retires (Kennedy-very possible, Ginsburg- probably only leaving feet first with Trump in the WH), there would be a true conservative power shift. They may want to keep their powder dry for that fight. This is simply replacing a conservative, constitutional justice with (hopefully) another. Not much change.

So there is no core guiding principle about the president getting to choose his own nominee.  It's all political strategy...when the minority party can get by with it, they should block the president's choice for no reason and when they can't get by with it, they should defer.  

That's pretty much where we're at.  I just wanted to highlight how all of the high-minded sounded rhetoric about minority rights and deference to the president and so forth isn't based on anything real.  It's just rhetoric people spout depending on the political strategy.

6 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

It's like watching twin red headed brothers fighting over a Stretch Armstrong aka Uncle Sam. Hellbent political nonsense from both sides with media force feeding you doom and gloom 24/7 is tearing the country apart by making people have to pick a team.  America has been way too political for the past 5 years. 

I remember the discussion about Republicans blocking Garland...it wasn't cast as "political nonsense from both sides".  People pretended there were high minded principles at stake.  Now when the situation is flipped, it's just political nonsense.  

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

I remember the discussion about Republicans blocking Garland...it wasn't cast as "political nonsense from both sides".  People pretended there were high minded principles at stake.  Now when the situation is flipped, it's just political nonsense.  

All I'm saying is turn off your computer, phone, and your political opinions and go outside and throw a football. Live a little. All in all, your singular opinion doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. 

11 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

That is not my characterization. That is just what I have been hearing from media people with connections to aides. 

I'll bet #HillaryDavidson is about to feel a bern of their own from this decision.

Who do they think the majority of their customers support?

https://www.facebook.com/bikersfortrump/

Polls were pretty accurate at the national level. State level not so much, but there was was very little polling happening after the Comey Letter. 

Also Presidents lose seats. Bush Lost Seats. Obama Lost Seats. Clinton Lost Seats. 

It's all going to depend on results. If his policies succeed, he'll be successful, if they fail, so will his presidency. This is just as it should be.

11 hours ago, Sobeit said:

States are the big canary in the coal mine though. That is the most telling one, but go ahead and do it again. This is just more of the same from the campaign and is not represented in most of America. You continue to overplay this and look emotionally challenged. It is not working. No one watches CNN or trust them. They are paper tigers and could not even get the win for Hillary and will lose again.

The DNC could recover, but they're twisted just enough that they do not see anything wrong with how they've been operating. Look at the failed leaders who remain in power in the House and Senate. Look at the collection of misfits who are vying for the DNC chair. They're digging their hole deeper, not coming out of it.

11 hours ago, Sobeit said:

You probably should have read the article. I'm no CNN fan but what was actually in the article was reasonable and fair. I even understand HD's position.

"we look forward to a visit in the future" In other words liberals are planning to be disruptive and showing their collective butts so we think it is best to wait. I do not think it was a statement against Trump. They realize that the instigators are a small minority being organized.

That they buckled to fear of being protested is only going to hurt them with their base of customers. It already has. Very poorly thought out strategy in dealing with this.

The fact that Companies are even that worried is major. When has that happened to Obama. This just backs up the statements from aides that the protests have been unprecedented. 

No company would have done this to Obama. They would have been crucified as racists had they even suggested anything like this. 

11 hours ago, DewTheMathis said:

Really?  The only obstructionist & vile divisive rhetoric I see is coming all from the Democratic Party.  Look at CNN and MSNBC (owned and operated by the DNC) which incites violence and basically begs for riots & applauds the murdering of police while making criminals look like victims.

I will never apologize for being Patriotic sorry that you and Democrats are communist that hate us.

6 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

That, I agree with. It actually it started getting bad when 24 hour news began. With all that airtime to fill, they cover everything. The problem is, not every dam story needs to be a national story. It brings people to bad conclusions. Having CNN, MSNBC, and FOX reporting everything is it makes everything seem like a national issue.

Simply put, most news should be kept localized to the area it affects. Local news should report this news and the national media should let it be. Instead reports are picked for their inflammatory subject and reported on the cable news channels, which people automatically extrapolate to the whole nation. Instantly, an isolated or local problem becomes a national issue or crisis.

We have 400,000,000. The fact is, things are going to go wrong. Report just the bad stuff and this country looks ugly.

People will always fight, argue, disagree, commit crime, hate, and so on. There is no way around that truth. We will all never all agree, but the media, seems intent to divide the nation by emphasizing inflammatory news and making every single thing that happens in this country a national issue. Were the wildfires in Georgia indicative that every state should have wildfires too?

Edited by AREA 51

36 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Ticks me off to be honest.  Yes, you should be required to prove you legally belong in the country before being able to get a business license.  Why people are so against that I'll never understand...