silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

40,714 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

A prominent political consultant in Utah just told me that rumors are that all of this involves damaging information related to the Russian investigation, with Chaffetz being somehow wrapped up in it (if not a target).  

Obviously, we'll have to wait and see, but it's very odd that he just up and quit a very safe seat in Congress, including a very choice committee spot.  It doesn't make any sense unless there's some damaging info out there.

Especially given that if Hillary had won, he said he had "years of investigations" lined up. 

holymoses and MACK2THEFUTURE like this

Just now, mdrake34 said:

Especially given that if Hillary had won, he said he had "years of investigations" lined up. 

Yep.  

2 hours ago, Andrews_31 said:

Ol' Man, I know I can be a jackass (sometimes), but I was not trying to be a condescending prick either.  I guess I get tired of people parroting the line "he's not got to telegraph his moves" when that is not remotely true AND I don't think he is fully aware of what he DOES say (the subs).  Something is terribly off...................................

For retirement, yep, still seriously considering Florida, Amelia Island and Merritt Island, even considering the Keys now.  I'll be 57 this year, ready to seriously hang it up in DC (but not GA), but my son is going to George Washington, so I guess I'll be here for a weeeeee bit longer!

Forget about it, I wasn't even thinking about that.  Opinions are like "you know" everybody has one...it's all good 31

DC can wear you out.  I worked over there off and on for over 3 decades.  I spend several years right down by the GW Campus in one of my assignments.  There was a basement joint (food place) over there called Lindy's (I think now it's called Lindy's Red Lion.  They had one helluva a burger there, maybe you or your son has already tried it.  

Yes, now I remember about Amelia's Island.  I'd like to know how that turns out for you.  My wife has nixed any Florida talk, but Texas, NC, and VA is still in play.  We've got a place on Lake Gaston in NC.  I've been spending considerable time there lately, I like the lake and I like the Area.  I am also interested int he private side of Lake Anna, you can fish it in the winter because of the warm water discharge and they have beautiful homes there.  Also we would remain closer to family. there.

Good luck in your search

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

giphy.gif

Seems like this version is made to pander to the Freedom Caucus. That means significant pressure needs to be put on moderate and at-risk House Republicans.

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

A prominent political consultant in Utah just told me that rumors are that all of this involves damaging information related to the Russian investigation, with Chaffetz being somehow wrapped up in it (if not a target).  

Obviously, we'll have to wait and see, but it's very odd that he just up and quit a very safe seat in Congress, including a very choice committee spot.  It doesn't make any sense unless there's some damaging info out there.

I'm stocking up on popcorn for when it all actually drops.

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

MACK2THEFUTURE likes this

2 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Two House Republicans in charge of Trump related investigations have either recused themselves or are considering resignation... Dare I say it?

TICK............................... TICK................................. TICK

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

This is bizarre. 

The crap will always rise to the top.

That is unless you eat a lot of fiber.

And treason.

I've heard a very strong argument that Chaffetz might just be getting out of Congress because he's facing an impossible situation in terms of investigating Trump and that he wants to run for governor in 2020 so that he can set up a presidential run in 2028.  So maybe no scandal, but it's very odd nonetheless.

11 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I've heard a very strong argument that Chaffetz might just be getting out of Congress because he's facing an impossible situation in terms of investigating Trump and that he wants to run for governor in 2020 so that he can set up a presidential run in 2028.  So maybe no scandal, but it's very odd nonetheless.

I am sticking with jewish aliens running the universe's most plucked up reality show......makes sense

Leon Troutsky likes this

8 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Starting to look like the corruption runs so deep with Russia we might not have anyone in office to actually hold the Trump administration accountable for it. Our current Government is pretty much a Russian arm. I'm still of the opinion their was complete and unmitigated treason on a level never seen before but it runs so deep nothing will come of it and no one will be held accountable. 

If they somehow arrest him, I've got to imagine he engages a poison pill and burns Trump and the GOP to the ground. 

30 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I'm still of the opinion their was complete and unmitigated treason on a level never seen before

agreed on that part, but I still have faith that between a select few Senators and the FBI, Trump will go down

19 minutes ago, MACK2THEFUTURE said:

agreed on that part, but I still have faith that between a select few Senators and the FBI, Trump will go down

And you somehow give me shyt about conspiracies I don't even advance...

tumblr_mhx7z8ehoe1s5w9a4o1_500.gif

1 hour ago, Carter said:

And you somehow give me shyt about conspiracies I don't even advance...

tumblr_mhx7z8ehoe1s5w9a4o1_500.gif

I don't think the the Russian issue classifies as a "conspiracy" anymore. It would not surprise me one bit if the collusion came out in the open was admitted to by the Trump administration and they brushed it off said "meh" and just continued on, just like the whole "locker room" talk crap that blew over but would have tanked every other politician in the country.

"Yea we colluded with Russia we are going to drop sanctions but hey they helped us prevent HRC being elected, we did the country a service, next question please" "Emails, Benghazi, Pizzagate"