silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

40,375 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Carter said:

You are putting lipstick on a pig. I don't suppose you realize you're defending rampant propaganda though. He's trying to garner support by vilifying political opponents with falsehoods or half truths.

You are talking about what the media has been doing for over a year?

We are 60 days into this lunacy and it's a cryin' shame that ths Whitehouse staff spend 99% of their time in pure damage control. Also, when the tweet lie about Obama's wire tap was proven false, the Whitehouse diverts to another topic rather than admit the stupidity of that tweet. I would rather pour gasoline on myself and lite it than have Spicer's job.

3 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

If it wasn't for the media calling attention to Flynn, Manafort and several others.......Trump wouldn't have fired them. Wake up SoViet.

11 hours ago, mfaulk57158 said:

I can't imagine how ruthless the 2018 ads will be.  Each false tweet and statement is going to drilled into everyone via TV.

If ***** grabber wasn't enough to derail Trump and the GOP not sure anything will. I hope at some point people demand consequences for Trumps and the GOP's actions but I'm not very optimisitc they will be held accountable

toadfishtom likes this

2 hours ago, Sobeit said:

The media is not a boogeyman. You get the coverage you want from the media outlets you choose to pay attention to.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

The media is not a boogeyman. You get the coverage you want from the media outlets you choose to pay attention to.

Irony for Trump supporters to call out the media when Trump built his entire empire on media coverage.

44 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Harry Reid>>>>>>>>>>

giphy.gif

Yes, the guy who rushed to expose Hillary in the most negative light possible sat before the committee and got crushed for suggesting no prosecutor would win a case. Go home, Harry Reid, you're drunk on kool-aid.

I agree the Trump info needs to come out, but if they are still investigating he needs to sit down.

58 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yes, the guy who rushed to expose Hillary in the most negative light possible sat before the committee and got crushed for suggesting no prosecutor would win a case. Go home, Harry Reid, you're drunk on kool-aid.

I agree the Trump info needs to come out, but if they are still investigating he needs to sit down.

Funny, I didn't see you around saying the same when they claimed to reopen the investigation with Anthony Weiner's emails. Comey also made a lot of claims in that hearing that were not based on his expertise as a prosecutor but his opinion. 

Also Reid is home. This is from Oct 2016. So as I was saying.

Harry Reid>>>>>>>>>>>>>

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

And yet they were still remarkably different candidates with incomparable levels of experience in governance who supported markedly, and importantly different platforms, to such a degree that reductively arguing that they were basically the same or close enough to justify voting for neither is a bit silly.

holymoses and Spectre like this

39 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Funny, I didn't see you around saying the same when they claimed to reopen the investigation with Anthony Weiner's emails. Comey also made a lot of claims in that hearing that were not based on his expertise as a prosecutor but his opinion. 

Also Reid is home. This is from Oct 2016. So as I was saying.

Harry Reid>>>>>>>>>>>>>

giphy.gif

So you didn't see me around.... I guess that is funny? I think it's odd that Democrats have a double standard for scandals.

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

So you didn't see me around.... I guess that is funny? I think it's odd that Democrats have a double standard for scandals.

Seems to me your the one with the double standard. If Comey was happy to expose ongoing investigations into HRC, then he should have done the same for Trump. That was Reid's point. Plus colluding with foreign governments is on a completely different class than the email scandal. 

I also have not seen you comment on the fact that multiple members of Trump's admin have private email accounts. Interesting how you and other Trumpkins seem to be quite on that front after being so loud during the election. 

6 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Seems to me your the one with the double standard. If Comey was happy to expose ongoing investigations into HRC, then he should have done the same for Trump. That was Reid's point. Plus colluding with foreign governments is on a completely different class than the email scandal. 

I also have not seen you comment on the fact that multiple members of Trump's admin have private email accounts. Interesting how you and other Trumpkins seem to be quite on that front after being so loud during the election. 

I'm a "Trumpkin" now? :lol:

If they are doing wrong, burn them to the ground. No, the double standard is with the acceptance (or disregard) of wrongdoing and open willingness to delay it for political gain unless an R is involved. I'm not defending Trump by any means, he is pretty awful. Clearly you understand there isn't very much that is comparable between the two scenarios though, the Russia investigation is a lot more complex and serious and not nearly as much is known for certain, unlike the sexting/emails situations.

Comey said Trump was full of **** on the wiretapping accusation and I certainly didn't hear anyone downplay the ties to Russia yesterday. Although it is pretty pathetic how much it shifted to the leaking aspect. Harry Reid just wanted something to bolster Hillary, let's not pretend it was anything more. The desire to paint Comey as a partisan lackey is not grounded in reality. 

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Irony for Trump supporters to call out the media when Trump built his entire empire on media coverage.

Trump loves the Media and any coverage thats negative is labeled fake news .

Carter likes this

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

I'm a "Trumpkin" now? :lol:

If they are doing wrong, burn them to the ground. No, the double standard is with the acceptance (or disregard) of wrongdoing and open willingness to delay it for political gain unless an R is involved. I'm not defending Trump by any means, he is pretty awful. Clearly you understand there isn't very much that is comparable between the two scenarios though, the Russia investigation is a lot more complex and serious and not nearly as much is known for certain, unlike the sexting/emails situations.

Comey said Trump was full of **** on the wiretapping accusation and I certainly didn't hear anyone downplay the ties to Russia yesterday. Although it is pretty pathetic how much it shifted to the leaking aspect. Harry Reid just wanted something to bolster Hillary, let's not pretend it was anything more. The desire to paint Comey as a partisan lackey is not grounded in reality. 

And Chaffetz/Gowdy have not done just that? 

a3d4b9ae8d1a1a74672a635a2e0e0d73.jpg

Comey disregarded the DOJ, which advised AGAINST the release of his letter until they had actual information. The Weiner emails did nothing to change the outcome of the investigation, but evidence shows that it changed the outcome of the election. That is on Comey playing partisan politics and having no problem exposing and criticizing HRC's actions, while not doing the same for Trump. 

Reid was highlighting the double standard that Comey set.