silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

33,006 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Have fun spending 4 years with your head in the sand, accusing the director of the FBI of perjury. 

I gave him and out on what is "is", I feel sorry for Comey, he's getting pressure from both sides.  Like he said he didn't want to be there today.  He wouldn't have to be if the democrats weren't playing such games with all this nonsense.  

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

I gave him and out on what is "is", I feel sorry for Comey, he's getting pressure from both sides.  Like he said he didn't want to be there today.  He wouldn't have to be if the democrats weren't playing such games with all this nonsense.  

"I feel sorry for him, so I'm going to accuse him of lying under oath."

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

cfd19b299830748dc1aa46082ae5cfea_ali-g-r

I know you guys have been trolling me for the last hour, but as you can see I'm a good sport about it and I can't be rattled.  

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The Democrats are playing games with all this nonsense??? This wouldn't be happening if a serious accusation were not haphazardly thrown out on Twitter by the president.

At worst the Democrats are just giving the Republicans a taste of what they've been dishing out for the last 8 years themselves.

Leon Troutsky likes this

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If you think Comey has F's to give about outside pressure, you have not been paying attention to anything he has done . . . . ever.

The dude is independent . . . to a fault.  He is guided by his own moral compass, and he is all too certain of it's accuracy. 

Leon Troutsky likes this

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Oh I'm laughing.  What do I have to lose?  What's the best that can happen for the left even if your crazy dreams became reality?  Pence is POTUS?  Then you start attacking him...you see where this is going

How did the 1974 midterms go for Republicans? How long did Ford last? Only this time, it will be much worse, because Trump will blow up the Earth before he submits a resignation. 

Between the baby boomer generation dying out and this, the Republican party that has spiraled into insanity since the 90s will go up in flames. 

6 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

"I feel sorry for him, so I'm going to accuse him of lying under oath."

WhenFalconsWin

AFMB Hall of Fame

Pure Football

85,867 posts

Posted 1 hour ago · Report post

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

Unbelievable.  What do you base this (libelous) accusation on that he committed perjury today?

Call it a hunch, call it intuition, I personally do not trust Comey.  I'm usually pretty good with these things.  Like I said though, he is pretty much protected by the open interpretation of what "wire-tapping" meaning really is.  So in retrospect, he may not being lying under oath if we mince the meaning of what "wire-tapping" actually means.  

Also, now that we know that Trump's accusation against Obama regarding wiretapping is false, Trump should acknowledge his falsehood and apologize for lying. 

I hope that his supporters agree with that.  The President of the United States does not make a false accusation that the former president engaged in a felony without having overwhelming evidence to back him up.  

We now know there is NO evidence to support his accusation.  He lied.  He made it up.  He needs to acknowledge this in public.

Just now, Spectre said:

How did the 1974 midterms go for Republicans? How long did Ford last? Only this time, it will be much worse, because Trump will blow up the Earth before he submits a resignation. 

Between the baby boomer generation dying out and this, the Republican party that has spiraled into insanity since the 90s will go up in flames. 

I like the fact you have a glimmer of hope...that should keep you going through the summer.

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

The Democrats are playing games with all this nonsense??? This wouldn't be happening if a serious accusation were not haphazardly thrown out on Twitter by the president.

At worst the Democrats are just giving the Republicans a taste of what they've been dishing out for the last 8 years themselves.

The Russian collusion accusation thing happened long before...yes, I believe it is that petty so on that charge I agree with you

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Also, now that we know that Trump's accusation against Obama regarding wiretapping is false, Trump should acknowledge his falsehood and apologize for lying. 

I hope that his supporters agree with that.  The President of the United States does not make a false accusation that the former president engaged in a felony without having overwhelming evidence to back him up.  

We now know there is NO evidence to support his accusation.  He lied.  He made it up.  He needs to acknowledge this in public.

You act like there's any kind of reasoning or logic behind this stuff. Why do you continue to entertain that there's going to be this coming to Jesus moment if you just keep hitting them with facts and logic. 

Trump's lying is deliberate, and the people following his cult of personality care nothing about truth. 

Leon Troutsky likes this

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

If indeed it is proven, and Trump can produce no evidence that he said he had, I would agree.  On the same note, who apologizes to Trump and his administration  if this Russian collusion and the altering of the election thing proves false, where does Trump's apology come from?  

3 minutes ago, Spectre said:

You act like there's any kind of reasoning or logic behind this stuff. Why do you continue to entertain that there's going to be this coming to Jesus moment if you just keep hitting them with facts and logic. 

Trump's lying is deliberate, and the people following his cult of personality care nothing about truth. 

I keep hoping for a change because it's in his best interest and I hope that he'll eventually realize the long-term potential damage he is doing to his presidency with all of this stupidity.

I'm not optimistic that it will happen, but I think there is wide consensus that Trump should apologize for lying about Obama regarding wiretaps.  Sean Spicer's presser makes me less optimistic.  

But for those beyond his hard-core supporters, he's starting to lose people with this stuff and he's already undermined his credibility.  I don't know how anyone other than a complete partisan hack can trust what he says on things in the future.  Especially since he refuses to acknowledge that his accusation is false even after his own FBI, DOJ, and NSA just said publicly that it is false.

mdrake34 likes this

Trump's had three weeks to produce evidence to support his accusation.  He hasn't.  His own DOJ, FBI, and NSA just said that his accusation was false.  He lied.  And he tried to drag Germany and the UK into his lie.  

His credibility is shot.  For his own sake, he needs to apologize and learn a lesson about being factually accurate.  

56 minutes ago, big_dog said:

This investigation needs to speed up. Russia impacted our election. Why don't we charge them with something? Secondly, Trump neefs to stop the lies. Today's hearing proved he's a lying  s-o-s.

Trump has been lying for years. He has no integrity

I keep hoping for a change because it's in his best interest and I hope that he'll eventually realize the long-term potential damage he is doing to his presidency with all of this stupidity.

Hoping for Trump to change is like hoping for snake or WFW or Sobeit to change, because they're all the same person. No critical thinking; refusing to turn skepticism inward. Dogged dedication to conspiracy theories and BS peddlers. Hyper-partisanship in the name of something, though that something is not exclusively the Republican party. And a supremely inflated sense of their own intelligence and ability.  

toadfishtom and Leon Troutsky like this

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Trump's had three weeks to produce evidence to support his accusation.  He hasn't.  His own DOJ, FBI, and NSA just said that his accusation was false.  He lied.  And he tried to drag Germany and the UK into his lie.  

His credibility is shot.  For his own sake, he needs to apologize and learn a lesson about being factually accurate.  

I almost wish Obama would sue him for libel, but it would just cause further division in this country (which is the last thing we need), I think he would have a hard time proving economic harm (because only hardcore Trump supporters believed it), and I doubt Obama wants to go through the discovery process. 

big_dog and Leon Troutsky like this

He should have produced evidence that he said he had in which case he may have bluffed one time too many.  If he doesn't give up what he said he had soon then some form of what you said in the bold may be his best course of action and it will be forgotten.  He won't be the first POTUS to make such a mistake, better than not compounding the situation, if indeed he cannot prove himself.  

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

I almost wish Obama would sue him for libel, but it would just cause further division in this country (which is the last thing we need), I think he would have a hard time proving economic harm (because only hardcore Trump supporters believed it), and I doubt Obama wants to go through the discovery process. 

True that.  I do wish that Obama would make a public statement about this if Trump keeps touting his lie.