silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

33,006 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The amount of GLOMAR being tossed around during by these two should have Trumpsters crapping their pants.

Edited by Spectre

Just to remind people, here is what Comey said this morning:

I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counter-intelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. And that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.

holymoses likes this

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Just to remind people, here is what Comey said this morning:

I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counter-intelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. And that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.

He also said that the Russian government was involved with efforts to undermine Clinton's campaign, that Putin prefers leaders of other countries in the same vein as Trump (eg. Berlusconi), and that there is zero evidence to support Trump's wiretap allegations.

2 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

I post it for a few reasons.

1. Trump himself constantly complained about Obama taking vacations and playing golf.  He is a hypocrite.

2. Several posters here railed against Obama's vacations and golf.  They aren't terribly concerned with Trump doing the same.  I like to point that out.

3. It doesn't involve Russia.

I think the charge of hypocrisy against Trump and his supporters is fair.

I think complaining that it costs a ****load of money for the president to travel is absurd.  It was, as you rightly point out, absurd when the complaints were leveled against Obama (or Bush).  It's absurd now.

But I agree with every single one of your reasons, which is why I didn't challenge you on your post, but instead directed my criticism to the Washington Post's determination that this is a story of national importance.

From what I've heard, Comey faced pressure from the New York FBI office to say something to Jason Chaffetz about the possible new Clinton emails, then he leaked it out, not Comey. People seem to think Comey said something to the press, which is false. 

JDaveG and NewFalcon like this

Just now, JDaveG said:

I think the charge of hypocrisy against Trump and his supporters is fair.

I think complaining that it costs a ****load of money for the president to travel is absurd.  It was, as you rightly point out, absurd when the complaints were leveled against Obama (or Bush).  It's absurd now.

But I agree with every single one of your reasons, which is why I didn't challenge you on your post, but instead directed my criticism to the Washington Post's determination that this is a story of national importance.

In one year at this rate, he will have spent more on vacationing than Obama did in 8 years, and part of it involves burdening Florida and New York with his family and regular visits. He also funnels money into his own pockets by charging the government to be on and in his property. 

This is not normal. 

Door Gunner and big_dog like this

7 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Here is Spicey being an ***  hole.

1)  I was expecting him to say "how am I funny?  I'm funny how?  Am I like a clown here for your amusement? HOW AM I FUNNY?"

2)  If you don't at least appreciate Sean Spicer for inspiring the greatest fake Twitter handle ever (@SeanSpicier) then I don't know what to say.

Leon Troutsky likes this

1 minute ago, Spectre said:

In one year at this rate, he will have spent more on vacationing than Obama did in 8 years, and part of it involves burdening Florida and New York with his family and regular visits. He also funnels money into his own pockets by charging the government to be on and in his property. 

This is not normal. 

I'm disappointed you punted on the use of the word "unprecedented" here.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Gowdy calling them out.  Hearsay and anonymous sources are not evidence.  Mr. Comey, did you ever have anyone testify in court with anonymous sources? :lol: Gowdy making fools of these clowns.

5 minutes ago, Spectre said:

From what I've heard, Comey faced pressure from the New York FBI office to say something to Jason Chaffetz about the possible new Clinton emails, then he leaked it out, not Comey. People seem to think Comey said something to the press, which is false. 

I said this at the time and was assured by folks that Comey was in the tank for Trump and was leaking information to damage Clinton's campaign.

Just now, mdrake34 said:

It was the funniest thing I've seen on SNL in years. 

She's funny as **** anyway, but good grief that was top drawer entertainment.

The thing with the gum had me in tears.

1 hour ago, marla_mulder said:

They're not a journalistic institution tho....they are a publishing agent for whistleblowers.

I'm saying anyone that provides "facts" based on anonymous sources must be held to the high standards.

10 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Here is Spicey being an ***  hole.

Oh stop.  I did not watch this clip, but I watched a pretty complete (if not live) piece recently and Spicer was NOT being an A-hole.  He was not accusing Acosta of being unintelligent.  He was arguing that Acosta did not have "intelligence" Ie, evidence from the FBI, Justice Department, CIA, etc to support his assertion.  Everyone caught the (presumably unintended pun and laughed, including Acosta.)

Sure Spicer is an a-hole but this was not an example.

49 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Treason, okay.  ^ I watch fake news, therefore I am a conduit for their talking points...just sayin'

Yes Treason is defined in the constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

1 minute ago, holymoses said:

Oh stop.  I did not watch this clip, but I watched a pretty complete (if not live) piece recently and Spicer was NOT being an A-hole.  He was not accusing Acosta of being unintelligent.  He was arguing that Acosta did not have "intelligence" Ie, evidence from the FBI, Justice Department, CIA, etc to support his assertion.  Everyone caught the (presumably unintended pun and laughed, including Acosta.)

I posted it more for his tone in addressing Acosta, not the content.  He is combative with the press, as highlighted by Ms. McCarthy.

Leon Troutsky and holymoses like this

1 minute ago, holymoses said:

Watch the clip.  I'm pretty much okay with it because I disdain 90% of those ***holes in the press, but Spicer definitely wasn't the calm, cool professional we're used to seeing.  He's overtly confrontational.  He does his boss's bidding.

I don't think that makes him an ***hole per se, but I do think he has no problem jumping into the mud with them.

Leon Troutsky likes this

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Watch the clip.  I'm pretty much okay with it because I disdain 90% of those ***holes in the press, but Spicer definitely wasn't the calm, cool professional we're used to seeing.  He's overtly confrontational.  He does his boss's bidding.

I don't think that makes him an ***hole per se, but I do think he has no problem jumping into the mud with them.

I was just going by the "Zero Intelligence" headline.  It was misleading. 

JDaveG likes this

8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Gowdy calling them out.  Hearsay and anonymous sources are not evidence.  Mr. Comey, did you ever have anyone testify in court with anonymous sources? :lol: Gowdy making fools of these clowns.

In grandstanding Gowdy's world, we should have prosecuted Deep Throat and ignore what Nixon did. 

7 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

She's funny as **** anyway, but good grief that was top drawer entertainment.

The thing with the gum had me in tears.

My favorite was the "I would like to apologize on behalf of you...to me...for how you've treated me these last two weeks.  And that apology is NOT accepted."

Serge, mdrake34, holymoses and 1 other like this

10 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'm disappointed you punted on the use of the word "unprecedented" here.

Used it once. Not going to recycle. 

JDaveG likes this

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

JDave, isn't that the job of all press secretaries, doing their bosses bidding?