silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

70,877 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I don't know. I do know I never whined about President Obama's travel schedule and agreed with y'all that it was ridiculous to do so. 

I still think that. It's his house. Protecting the president is expensive. This is hardly scandalous stuff. 

I post it for a few reasons.

1. Trump himself constantly complained about Obama taking vacations and playing golf.  He is a hypocrite.

2. Several posters here railed against Obama's vacations and golf.  They aren't terribly concerned with Trump doing the same.  I like to point that out.

3. It doesn't involve Russia.

47 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Because the only thing that is going to satisfy you is for me to agree with you and say you have been right all along. You want nothing less than for people who have different opinions than you to completely change their views and bow down to your superior intelligence. You're not satisfied having a conversation from our different perspectives...you want change the other person's mind. 

Don't hold your breath for me. You're wasting your time, and quite frankly, it's irritating that you think you are SO right and everyone else with a different opinion is SO wrong.

Well said Marla.  

None of this is a surprise to me. I just fear for all the state secrets that have been compromised by Flynn and are currently being siphoned off by the Trump cabal. The time span between now and when the investigations are completed will be VERY VERY dangerous for our country. Trump is unpredictable and he is slowing being circled.

big_dog likes this

If always tickles me when the GOP does something it is always unprecedented and dangerous, but when the Democrats do the same thing there is always nothing to see here.  Maybe the truth lays somewhere in the middle.  

30 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

But did Wikileaks know that? I'm assuming they didn't... they've said the entire time that they did not deal with Russia.

I don't know whether wikileaks knew or not, regardless of their knowledge, it doesn't change who they were dealing with. 

WOR likes this

If I heard right, Sessons has committed perjury THREE times. Trumps claims on just about everything have been blown out of the water. When in the h€ll will we clean the swamp? POTUS and his ties in the Whitehouse have no credibility. Trumps own NSA and FBI Directors exposed the truth. Sad, so sad that Trump wormed his way into power with the help of Russia and America is screwed.

toadfishtom likes this

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If always tickles me when the GOP does something it is always unprecedented and dangerous, but when the Democrats do the same thing there is always nothing to see here.  Maybe the truth lays somewhere in the middle.  

Since when was Donald Trump a Republican? He's not a politician. Treason is not a Republican - Democrat issue. It's an American one.

Carter and toadfishtom like this

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I don't know whether wikileaks knew or not, regardless of their knowledge, it doesn't change who they were dealing with. 

Reputable journalistic instiutions ensure that they only report on sources that have first hand knowledge.

7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Do you care at all about this?

Leon Troutsky and NewFalcon like this

3 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

No, but it does matter as far as if Wikileaks is "in" with Russia, as some have suggested. If that was the case, not sure why they would need an intermediary.

Goodfellas spoke to this.

goodfellas-paulie.png

1 minute ago, marla_mulder said:

What is whataboutism?

Trumps has several people connected to his campaign who have been caught lying about contacts with Russian Officials during the campaign . . .

Trump says "What about Hillary's connections to Russia?!"

What's crazy about Trump's situation with the vacationing is that not only did he rant and rave about Obama's vacationing, but he's causing two cities to experience a massive financial undertaking and undue stress with his vacations, which are on track to cost more than all eight years of Obama's vacationing in less than one. It's... unpresidented. 

OMG, Trump just tweeted on his  POTUS account that NSA & FBI confirmed Russia did not interfere in our election process. BOLD FACED LIE!  They did confirm it. What they said didnt happen was interfering with  the actual vote tally.  JFC,  Trump is so boxed up in lies he better have his suitcases packed. When all the investigations are finished , more than the President are going down. They are sinking very fast.

toadfishtom likes this

Russia was meddling in our election.

What about when the U.S. messed with so-and-so's elections.

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Trump is having a meltdown on twitter.

If he hadn't shipped his pants by now he will before today's hearings on the Hill are over.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Trump is having a meltdown on twitter.

Interestingly, he's using his POTUS account, not his personal account.

18 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Do you care at all about this?

So any accountability for Trump? Probably not

21 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Spicey about to hold daily press briefing.

Disgonbsogud.gif~c200

Any link/news on this yet?  Or do I have to wait for SNL?