silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

71,489 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

So here again, is it cool to criticize the president over the cost of his trips or is it not?

Oxen being gored all over the **** place.

Do you really think that Mdrake and others who are posting about the Trump vacations are seriously concerned about the cost or even that he's playing golf?  

Why do you think they are posting that stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

So here again, is it cool to criticize the president over the cost of his trips or is it not?

Oxen being gored all over the **** place.

You have a really weird, black and white way of seeing things at times.  Context matters; there are times when criticizing the president over the cost of his trips makes sense, and times when it does not.  And before you give your "Yeah, when a R does it it's bad but if a D does it it's cool" response, no, that mostly isn't it.

I have no problem with Presidents taking vacations. To the extent they're able to relax, which is probably negligible for most, I think they need it.  But, there is an admittedly subjective line where it becomes too frequent, and that line can and does change in part based on partisanship. So, it was hilarious watching Republicans complain about Obama's vacations, even though they did not seem to care about Bush, who took twice as many vacation days.  But there are more objective lines too; I promise you, if Obama had been flying home to Chicago or Hawaii at a rate of more than every other weekend, as Trump is doing now, I and every reasonable liberal (and I realize not all are) would have had a problem with that.

Edited by BrockSamson
Door Gunner and Leon Troutsky like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marla_mulder said:

Did you feel the same about the birther stuff?

How did you feel about the birther stuff ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Well, at least you're consistent..lol 

Some of these folks take politics way too serious , I have a Love/hate relationship with Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Dude, what has happened to you??? 

I don't like the extraneous stuff, and I never cared about the birther stuff. I know you think you know everything and your opinions and decisions are SO much more informed and greater than everyone else's...

So why bother with a dumb little country bumpkin like me? There's a reason I've been ignoring your quotes of me...

Why are you so hostile towards me yet deferential to the guy who is so obviously blowing smoke up your "bumkin" ax?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty weird that the Republicans on the committee aren't trying to figure out whether the leaks or reports regarding Trump's Russian connections are true or not but rather trying to figure out how illegal those leaks are and trying to figure out who the leakers are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It's pretty weird that the Republicans on the committee aren't trying to figure out whether the leaks or reports regarding Trump's Russian connections are true or not but rather trying to figure out how illegal those leaks are and trying to figure out who the leakers are.

Yep thats all they care about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Because the only thing that is going to satisfy you is for me to agree with you and say you have been right all along. You want nothing less than for people who have different opinions than you to completely change their views and bow down to your superior intelligence. You're not satisfied having a conversation from our different perspectives...you want change the other person's mind. 

Don't hold your breath for me. You're wasting your time, and quite frankly, it's irritating that you think you are SO right and everyone else with a different opinion is SO wrong.

OOOOOOOOO Moses she snapped on you :lol:

BernieBernstein likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Personally, I understand why it's being posted, but it still makes this thread suck. I'm not sure why anybody feels the need to "troll" anybody... I don't understand why we can't all stick to the issues that actually matter to us and have a conversation about that. All of the other stuff is irritating.... at least to me.

And it was irritating to a lot of us over the past seven years seeing the same people post that kind of stuff on a daily basis.  It's a not-so-subtle reminder about the nonsense they whined incessantly about for years.  I think it would all go away if those people who trolled here about Obama's "vacations" would just admit that they were engaging in partisan rhetoric and never really cared about that stuff.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Because the only thing that is going to satisfy you is for me to agree with you and say you have been right all along. You want nothing less than for people who have different opinions than you to completely change their views and bow down to your superior intelligence. You're not satisfied having a conversation from our different perspectives...you want change the other person's mind. 

Don't hold your breath for me. You're wasting your time, and quite frankly, it's irritating that you think you are SO right and everyone else with a different opinion is SO wrong.

Fortunately, I only associate myself with people who recognize my intellectual superiority and agree with me on everything, or bend to my will when they don't. That's why JDave and I are real life buds. 

falconsd56, JDaveG and BrockSamson like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It's pretty weird that the Republicans on the committee aren't trying to figure out whether the leaks or reports regarding Trump's Russian connections are true or not but rather trying to figure out how illegal those leaks are and trying to figure out who the leakers are.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, holymoses said:

Fortunately, I only associate myself with people who recognize my intellectual superiority and agree with me on everything, or bend to my will when they don't. That's why JDave and I are real life buds. 

OH Holymoses  I bow down to your superior intellect please allow me the honor of basking in your endless flow of bull chit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Do you really think that Mdrake and others who are posting about the Trump vacations are seriously concerned about the cost or even that he's playing golf?  

Why do you think they are posting that stuff?

I don't know. I do know I never whined about President Obama's travel schedule and agreed with y'all that it was ridiculous to do so. 

I still think that. It's his house. Protecting the president is expensive. This is hardly scandalous stuff. 

Billy Ocean likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Thought this was interesting...

 

Wikileaks conveniently left out that Comey said the Russian government used an intermediary to deal with Wikileaks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

 

This is true. Leaks are human nature,they are everywhere people love a good story .When you discover a wrongdoing in your organization ............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now