silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

33,323 posts in this topic

Just now, mdrake34 said:

You are just the worst. You fundamentally disagree with this, yet you're giving it a pass because your guy is doing it. The drone program and the carnage we rage on middle eastern civilians is one of my biggest issues, but I've never served in the armed forces or been overseas. You have. You've seen these horrors first hand (which I cannot even begin to imagine). 

But you're willing to give him a pass because "it's in line with what he said in the campaign." 

Just ******* UGH. 

I give him a pass because having been there when we never should have been I realize the damage we have done. We have radicalized a lot of terrorist. I actually prefer personnel because it is more precise. It appears the administration realizes this and seems to be slowly committing more troops.

Drones are not the biggest problem in the middle east.Our problem has been meddling with governments that we may not like but largely kept most of the region stable. It is us removing leaders and trying to bring in more secular leaders with (our values) that has been the problem. They want modernization but they despise progressive values. If you do not believe me read Osama Bin Laden's writings on it. He can tell you about it much better than I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

SJW Johnson was a two term Republican Governor, who was a republican candidate for President in 2012. 

Yes and tomorrow if Trump says he is the first woman president much of the left must accept it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

"You can't call yourself an independent until you vote democrat."

- gafan 

Stop being salty.

Quote

An independent voter, often called an unaffiliated voter in the United States, is a voter who does not align themselves with a political party. An independent is variously defined as a voter who votes for candidates and issues rather than on the basis of a political ideology or partisanship;[1] a voter who does not have long-standing loyalty to, or identification with, a political party;[2][3] a voter who does not usually vote for the same political party from election to election;[4][5] [6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_voter

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

I give him a pass because having been there when we never should have been I realize the damage we have done. We have radicalized a lot of terrorist. I actually prefer personnel because it is more precise. It appears the administration realizes this and seems to be slowly committing more troops.

Drones are not the biggest problem in the middle east.Our problem has been meddling with governments that we may not like but largely kept most of the region stable. It is us removing leaders and trying to bring in more secular leaders with (our values) that has been the problem. They want modernization but they despise progressive values. If you do not believe me read Osama Bin Laden's writings on it. He can tell you about it much better than I can.

Let's see if you continue giving him a pass when we continue waging this never ending war and continue murdering civilians. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sobeit said:

Yes and tomorrow if Trump says he is the first woman president much of the left must accept it.

If he got a sex change, I would accept it. 

T8b7aYn.jpg

Hello Madam President. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk. I think GF has a point. I don't think it implies to mdrake, but I agree with the premise. 

If all you do is support Republicans...you're probably a Republican. 

Does anything other than your vote/support really matter? I'm not talking about "ugh hollary/Trump is better than the other so MEH". I mean years and years of putting your support behind a single party. 

 

 

But then again this matters absolutely zero. Who tf cares? Mdrake is not more left than GF. That's absurd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Stop being salty.

 

"You don't know who you actually are. Here, let Wikipedia tell you who you are."

- gafan. 

**** outta here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been moving so I haven't been on much except to check Fa news. Can't believe this thread is 500 pages of people just whining about the president. You've lived through 2 of the worst in history under Bush and Obama yet only now is it shocking. Unless you old timers lived under Carter. Poor guy had desire but not much ability. Trump is no worse than anything I've seen in the past 16 years.

Only thing I've seen is the democrats have become the new out of touch party with their own birthers (Russia hyuck)and tea parties. What an egg on their face the tax thing was for them. 

Killing Tpp was probably the best thing any president has done in ages for this country. Hoping we renegotiate these terrible failed trade deals that send our jobs packing.  Ross Perot got it right on NAFTA, charts and all. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Let's see if you continue giving him a pass when we continue waging this never ending war and continue murdering civilians. 

Yes anyone with 2 brain cells said you can not win a war on a tactic which is all terrorism is. Some people were saying this back when your great left leaning leader declared war on it. We have been over there escalating it while importing them for 15 years now. I will give Trump more than 50 days to fight this war against a establishment that opposes and lies about him at every turn.

If you had ever listened to anything Trump had said then you would realize he ran on this very thing. Putting a quick end to ISIS while forming alliances against them with current governments and not seeking to Americanize or shove secular progressive garbage down their throats.

If I was younger I would go back over there gladly. Sadly I got out at 25 years because those same secular progressive values have forced a lot of good people out of the military. Since that is not possible I have a interview with ICE next Friday!

Edited by Sobeit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, erWOR 404 Player Not Found said:

Idk. I think GF has a point. I don't think it implies to mdrake, but I agree with the premise. 

If all you do is support Republicans...you're probably a Republican. 

Does anything other than your vote/support really matter? I'm not talking about "ugh hollary/Trump is better than the other so MEH". I mean years and years of putting your support behind a single party. 

 

 

But then again this matters absolutely zero. Who tf cares? Mdrake is not more left than GF. That's absurd. 

Which makes the way he is acting about so funny. Rachel Dolezal can consider herself transracial,  but that does not mean I am going to agree with that. Same is true for mdrake and not being a republican. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Americans Aren’t Becoming More Politically Independent, They Just Like Saying They Are

Gallup reported Wednesday that 43 percent of Americans identify as political independents — a record high. Thirty percent call themselves Democrats, and 26 percent call themselves Republicans. So what does this mean for our political future? Absolutely nothing.

Many of these independents are closet partisans. They say they are independent but consistently lean towards one party or the other. In Gallup’s latest survey, only 13 percent of Americans don’t favor the Democratic or Republican party. In other words, 87 percent of Americans prefer one party over the other, which is about on par with data since 1991.

Political independence isn’t more popular, it’s just more fashionable.

As Ariel Edwards-Levy at the Huffington Post has pointed out, the growing unpopularity of both parties likely has led to people not wanting to identify with either one. But when push comes to shove, these voters consistently favor one side over the other.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/americans-arent-becoming-more-politically-independent-they-just-like-saying-they-are/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red lobster and olive garden are ****. 

Can taste the microwave so much that kelly Anne is afraid to go there. 

falconsd56 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Objection your honor.

Cheddar Garlic Biscuits

But you can buy those at the store. 

Overruled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

I mostly appreciated Matt Yglesias pointing out Red Lobster isn't fast food.

I mostly appreciated that the merits of fast food was apparently a big discussion point today.

 

Murica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Americans Aren’t Becoming More Politically Independent, They Just Like Saying They Are

Gallup reported Wednesday that 43 percent of Americans identify as political independents — a record high. Thirty percent call themselves Democrats, and 26 percent call themselves Republicans. So what does this mean for our political future? Absolutely nothing.

Many of these independents are closet partisans. They say they are independent but consistently lean towards one party or the other. In Gallup’s latest survey, only 13 percent of Americans don’t favor the Democratic or Republican party. In other words, 87 percent of Americans prefer one party over the other, which is about on par with data since 1991.

Political independence isn’t more popular, it’s just more fashionable.

As Ariel Edwards-Levy at the Huffington Post has pointed out, the growing unpopularity of both parties likely has led to people not wanting to identify with either one. But when push comes to shove, these voters consistently favor one side over the other.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/americans-arent-becoming-more-politically-independent-they-just-like-saying-they-are/

 

I tried to be a moderate Republican but I just found myself on the liberal side of too many arguments especially here in Georgia.  At best I'm probably a moderate Democrat. Could care less about the party tho. I don't trust them fools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna lie. Fast food race to be at the $3-5 range woulda been clutch in college.

**** yall. 

Gordita crunch? Burrito? Taco? Drink? AND nachos for 5 bucks? 

How can you lose?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, erWOR 404 Player Not Found said:

Not gonna lie. Fast food race to be at the $3-5 range woulda been clutch in college.

**** yall. 

Gordita crunch? Burrito? Taco? Drink? AND nachos for 5 bucks? 

How can you lose?!?!

Cookout in both Athens and Statesboro was a godsend.

Two entrees for the price of one

WOR and lostone like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Cookout in both Athens and Statesboro was a godsend.

Two entrees for the price of one

Cookout is the best "fast food" place in GA hands down. The burgers are 5 guys quality for half the price. The ones off Moreland Ave and Statesboro have saved me many nights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now