silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

70,892 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

He knows words......lots of great smart words....he does not need to read more words that are not as great .

Hopefully when he gets the briefings he takes (let's just say generals advice) unlike his predecessor who very seldom met with them in person.  The DIA director said he never met with him in 4 years.  That won't happen on Trump's watch.  

I heard some beaterhead on CNN this morning (Democrat apologist, with accompanying Trump apologist on the other side) say this:

"They are trying to legitimize Trump!"

Last I checked, the election legitimized Trump.  Since when did we operate from the presumption that after an election, it is incumbent upon the winner to not only assume a posture of illegitimacy, but also to specifically NOT "try() to legitimize" the winner?

WhenFalconsWin likes this

18 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I heard some beaterhead on CNN this morning (Democrat apologist, with accompanying Trump apologist on the other side) say this:

"They are trying to legitimize Trump!"

Last I checked, the election legitimized Trump.  Since when did we operate from the presumption that after an election, it is incumbent upon the winner to not only assume a posture of illegitimacy, but also to specifically NOT "try() to legitimize" the winner?

Why do you watch CNN if you dislike it so much, and find it so 'biased'?

big_dog likes this

:lol::lol:

The moonbat section of the left really is freaking the **** out.

WE ARE NOW AT WAR WITH RUSSIA!!

because Hillary lost and stuff

Image result for scott hall gif

Check out this dingbats new avatar

screen-shot-2016-12-12-at-9-30-41-pm

A putz like Olberman sees himself as "The Resistance". 

Hey dip****, if Obama is still in power, and the people duly elected Trump. How did a coup take place again?

32 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

:lol::lol:

The moonbat section of the left really is freaking the **** out.

WE ARE NOW AT WAR WITH RUSSIA!!

because Hillary lost and stuff

Image result for scott hall gif

Check out this dingbats new avatar

screen-shot-2016-12-12-at-9-30-41-pm

A putz like Olberman sees himself as "The Resistance". 

Hey dip****, if Obama is still in power, and the people duly elected Trump. How did a coup take place again?

Yeah, Olberman has been off his rocker for a very long time.  His rant about Scott Brown was an epic meltdown.

14 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

BREAKING -- High-ranking sources in the Department of Defense inform the New York Times that the Russians are stealing our precious bodily fluids.

AIVRJPE.jpg

at this point, even if it was true.  a lot of people wouldn't believe it.

5 minutes ago, lostone said:

at this point, even if it was true.  a lot of people wouldn't believe it.

I remember looking at a poll (Gallup maybe?) that predates the Russian hysteria that found that the American public doesn't have a lot of faith in the competency and honesty of US intelligence agencies.

mfaulk57158 likes this

41 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

I remember looking at a poll (Gallup maybe?) that predates the Russian hysteria that found that the American public doesn't have a lot of faith in the competency and honesty of US intelligence agencies.

Unless it deals with bombing brown people, then we believe the heck out of that ish 

4 hours ago, eatcorn said:

Why do you watch CNN if you dislike it so much, and find it so 'biased'?

I wasn't watching, I was listening on satellite radio.

Putting "biased" in scare quotes doesn't really change anything.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

9 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I wasn't watching, I was listening on satellite radio.

Putting "biased" in scare quotes doesn't really change anything.

I really just meant to underscore that bias is a subjective thing.

Really, why listen if you find it biased? I'm not trying to be accusatory. I just don't quite understand why folks pay mind to the things they dislike so much, and dismiss so easily.

1 hour ago, eatcorn said:

I really just meant to underscore that bias is a subjective thing.

Really, why listen if you find it biased? I'm not trying to be accusatory. I just don't quite understand why folks pay mind to the things they dislike so much, and dismiss so easily.

I listen to and watch and read a lot of things that are biased.

I don't deny they are biased or pretend they are unbiased.  Bias is fine -- assuming bias is admitted.  It's when people pretend to be unbiased and are in fact biased that there is a problem.

16 minutes ago, Worzone said:

Donald trump presidency: Falcons have the NFL's Sack Leader. 

To think people still thought Beasley was a bust as recently as a couple of months ago. Just makes me more glad that they got my draft crush of that class. :swoon:

JDaveG and Flip Flop like this

2 hours ago, Sobeit said:

El oh el, athletes coming is going to change how black people feel.  This is about as transparent as Hillary and her stupid hot sauce comments.

I am on a wait and see.  Can't wait to see people defending the same ish Obama did.  The hypocrisy will be glorious!

6 hours ago, lostone said:

El oh el, athletes coming is going to change how black people feel.  This is about as transparent as Hillary and her stupid hot sauce comments.

I am on a wait and see.  Can't wait to see people defending the same ish Obama did.  The hypocrisy will be glorious!

By that logic, Trump can topple dictators and leave a power vacuum, allow a new terrorist organization to rise under his nose, oversee the country going yet another nine trillion dollars into debt, never see a single year of 3% GDP growth (he'd be the SECOND president in history to pull that off), and dozens more such examples  

and you will be his most unapologetic defender.

If not, who is the hypocrite? 

WhenFalconsWin and Sobeit like this

3 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

By that logic, Trump can topple dictators and leave a power vacuum, allow a new terrorist organization to rise under his nose, oversee the country going yet another nine trillion dollars into debt, never see a single year of 3% GDP growth (he'd be the SECOND president in history to pull that off), and dozens more such examples  

and you will be his most unapologetic defender.

If not, who is the hypocrite? 

Not getting into the hypocrisy conversation here -- there plenty of that on both sides for people to highlight.  I just want to ask a few things.

First, which dictators did Obama topple?  Qaddafi?  Who else?

As far as the debt goes, Trump's proposals are set to add far more than that to the debt.  One of the most interesting things for me is whether (and how) Republicans defend Trump if his proposals drive up the debt more than Obama did.  

As far as ISIS, it's perfectly fair to criticize Obama for being slow to recognize that threat.  

8 hours ago, lostone said:

Have you not noticed he will meet and talk to anyone. It is not just a certain group. Bill Gates says he seems like JFK. It is understandable why black people would be so slow to change. Democrats have been treating them so well for so long.