silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

32,361 posts in this topic

Just now, marla_mulder said:

No idea...maybe because the focus is more on the tax returns themselves instead of the financial information already disclosed.

I disagree with your assertion.  If the media could find out whether Trump has impermissible conflicts of interests without having to resort to obtaining his tax returns, they would have run wild with those stories already.  You know that.  They're not sitting on a potential gold mine of a story because they just really want to be nosy and snoop through his tax returns for ***** and giggles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its amazing that the MSM can push out all these fantastic conspiracy's about Trump all day, everyday but then when Trump suggests its Fake or that he's been hacked at his residence(which according to the NYT's he was) then he's the lunatic. 

The left is eating their own and although I was not a Trump supporter at 1st, and I don't like his tweet fest or his attacking personality, I will say, he is getting a lot done, even with the Democrats slow walking his admin and his choices through. Trump is exactly what america needs to get back on the right track 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mdrake34 said:

I disagree with your assertion.  If the media could find out whether Trump has impermissible conflicts of interests without having to resort to obtaining his tax returns, they would have run wild with those stories already.  You know that.  They're not sitting on a potential gold mine of a story because they just really want to be nosy and snoop through his tax returns for ***** and giggles.

Did you not see the **** show of Maddow's parading around 2 pages of tax returns from 2005 that provided absolutely NOTHING...but she acted as if it were a gold mine?

Maybe there's nothing all that interesting in there...but as long as he doesn't provide his tax returns, they pretend something nefarious is being "hidden."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marla_mulder said:

Did you not see the **** show of Maddow's parading around 2 pages of tax returns from 2005 that provided absolutely NOTHING...but she acted as if it were a gold mine?

Maybe there's nothing all that interesting in there...but as long as he doesn't provide his tax returns, they pretend something nefarious is being "hidden."

You realize a 1040 is not a complete tax return, right?

holymoses and Statick like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

You realize a 1040 is not a complete tax return, right?

How is this comment even relevant to what I said?

For the record, I file my own taxes and have a degree in Accounting and had to take specialized tax accounting classes. But no, I know nothing about tax returns.

capologist likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

You realize a 1040 is not a complete tax return, right?

Trump knew that when he secretly released them to the show. lol

WOR and mdrake34 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marla_mulder said:

How is this comment even relevant to what I said?

For the record, I file my own taxes and have a degree in Accounting and had to take specialized tax accounting classes. But no, I know nothing about tax returns.

Because all that Maddow had was a two page 2005 1040. 

atl falcon 89 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump's budget shows another promise he isn't going to keep: Mexico won't be paying for his wall but rather the American people. Specifically people who benefit from CDB grants, which includes programs that provide housing assistance and meals for the elderly who otherwise could not afford either.

Leon Troutsky likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol: Not the wisest business move, but I still laughed. Speaking of disgusting though, have they never tried their own food?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

:lol: Not the wisest business move, but I still laughed. Speaking of disgusting though, have they never tried their own food?

 

 

If that's real, someone is going to get fired in a hurry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Because all that Maddow had was a two page 2005 1040. 

Exactly...but she acted as if she had the holy grail...in reality, she had nothing.

But you don't think the same ppl would ignore relevant, publicly disclosed financial information in order to carry on a narrative that there MUST be something hidden in his taxes? C'mon. Ppl like Maddow will never be satisfied regardless of how much is provided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marla_mulder said:

Exactly...but she acted as if she had the holy grail...in reality, she had nothing.

But you don't think the same ppl would ignore relevant, publicly disclosed financial information in order to carry on a narrative that there MUST be something hidden in his taxes? C'mon. Ppl like Maddow will never be satisfied regardless of how much is provided.

We're having two different conversations with one another at the same time here.  You saw, or if you didn't, go back and read how I strongly criticized the ****  show Maddow and MSNBC tried to put on and how it totally backfired on them and benefited Trump. I've got a conference call in a minute, I'll continue this conversation later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

We're having two different conversations with one another at the same time here.  You saw, or if you didn't, go back and read how I strongly criticized the ****  show Maddow and MSNBC tried to put on and how it totally backfired on them and benefited Trump. I've got a conference call in a minute, I'll continue this conversation later.

I know you did....I liked several of your posts the other night. I was using that as an example of how "nothing" is still used to keep pushing a negative narrative....even when nothing negative is actually found/provided.

It does not surprise me that the media has not discussed the financial disclosures he's already made (altho the link I posted was from the WSJ..so some have). At this point, the tax returns themselves have become the story...not the info contained in them. Adequate financial disclosure has been done. It's my opinion that it's just an excuse for a fishing expedition, as I expressed last night.

"We don't have proof or evidence of anything, but we're going to demand to see everything until we find something we can blow completely out of proportion." 

I've seen comments like: "Well yeah, he paid taxes in 2005, but let's see ALL of his returns from every year." Really? For what freaking purpose?

It's a waste of time. All my opinion, of course.

dirtyhairy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If every candidate for the last 50 years could do it, why can't Trump. Why does Trump keep lying about it and avoiding it? He's under audit? Sure...

big_dog and holymoses like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spectre said:

If every candidate for the last 50 years could do it, why can't Trump. Why does Trump keep lying about it and avoiding it? He's under audit? Sure...

Why does he need to? Why aren't you satisfied with his financial disclosures?

He's not obligated to do something just because someone else did.That's horrible reasoning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marla_mulder said:

Why does he need to? Why aren't you satisfied with his financial disclosures?

He's not obligated to do something just because someone else did.That's horrible reasoning.

If he has nothing to hide, why does he lie about it so much?

Do you remember that time a normal person lied over and over again about something completely innocuous?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are we acting like he wasn't running for the PRESIDENCY

You get to be president. Or you get privacy. Pick one. 

The standards we hold our president Have been seriously eroded over the past decade and it's disgusting. 

News flash. No one FORCED him or anyone to run. You're acting like we're asking for a run of the mill private citizen to be forthcoming. No. 

 

atl falcon 89 and falconsd56 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now