silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

71,706 posts in this topic

Not gonna lie. Fast food race to be at the $3-5 range woulda been clutch in college.

**** yall. 

Gordita crunch? Burrito? Taco? Drink? AND nachos for 5 bucks? 

How can you lose?!?!

1 minute ago, erWOR 404 Player Not Found said:

Not gonna lie. Fast food race to be at the $3-5 range woulda been clutch in college.

**** yall. 

How can you lose?!?!

Cookout in both Athens and Statesboro was a godsend.

Two entrees for the price of one

lostone and WOR like this

1 minute ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Cookout is the best "fast food" place in GA hands down. The burgers are 5 guys quality for half the price. The ones off Moreland Ave and Statesboro have saved me many nights. 

I think my biggest beef (lol) against McDonald's isn't the food but that so many of I've been in are just physically disgusting from bad management.

It's like the Chicky Licky up in there

18 minutes ago, erWOR 404 Player Not Found said:

**** yall. 

How can you lose?!?!

By having to buy double the amount of TP

1 hour ago, Sobeit said:

Well not totally we have bombed weddings before, and we have stated publicly years ago we will go after the terrorist where they hide. I was against it then and I am against it now. I'm giving Trump a little bit of a pass on it because I do think we created much of what is happening there now and have a moral obligation to stop ISIS. If he holds true on his campaign promise of no longer destabilizing countries and getting it stabilized and respecting countries national sovereignty I will see what he does. This is in line with everything he said in the campaign.

Yeah I know we have already done some pretty messed up stuff with drones. I don't give him a pass for it at all though, this is not how you defeat ISIS and the idea itself that we are only fighting ISIS in Syria is wrong.

We defeated the insurgency in Iraq by forming a coalition with the locals, empowering them to stand up in their own communities without so much fear of retribution for cooperating with us, and took the fight to them on their level. Am I suggesting we pour troops into Syria now and occupy it as we did Iraq? No... it's a vastly different situation with complex layers of international involvement and a full blown civil war driving a massive refugee crisis. We need to totally reevaluate how to fight them on their soil. The civilian casualties in Iraq were pretty unacceptable and we have only taken that to an exponentially worse level. But reevaluating it would imply that we are interested in ending the conflict and I'm honestly not convinced that is our goal.

Don't get me wrong, I understand as well as anyone who has been there how ugly war is. They knew we would not target mosques and for a long time they took advantage of that. There are very good reasons for not targeting them even aside from the illegality of it. All this does is hurt us in our effort to fight this war... it shows we are targeting a religion, shows we are not concerned with collateral damage... and it turns the locals, who we need to win their communities back, against us.

No, Trump does not get a pass for this. He may have said he had a plan to defeat ISIS, but I do not support this strategy at all.

6 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

One opened about 15-20 minutes from my house last weekend. 

But it's in ducking winder. For those of you West Georgians, Winder is a redneck **** hole. 

WHY. PUT THEM IN GWINNET. 

On the topic of POTUS, I don't care if the election was won by Mickey Mouse, America needs  a leader who doesn't tell so many lies.  Everything Trump says aren't blatant lies...... just 99% of them. WTF is going on?

Midterm elections will show many R's going down the sh!tter. Trump will be lucky to finish 4 years without being institutionalized for being a bonifide wacko.

7 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Which makes the way he is acting about so funny. Rachel Dolezal can consider herself transracial,  but that does not mean I am going to agree with that. Same is true for mdrake and not being a republican. 

If you've never noticed, I get just as frustrated with the far-right chucklehead's here that try to tell me I'm a secret democrat every day. 

Carter likes this

12 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

**** the Planet, not important enough. Lord Trump will have passed by the time this makes a difference so we don't care.

big_dog likes this

8 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Can you ******* imagine if Obama, in his first two months in office, accused W of a felony, which was totally false, and went on vacation almost every single weekend playing golf? 

The GOP can do whatever they want without consequence. Dems can't even step off the Whitehouse lawn without being accused of being lazy on the job.

big_dog likes this

Oh well

i would like to know what else poor people will be losing soon.  We need to inform all nonprofits of the increases in revenue they are going to see due to all the less taxes that will be paid.  They are going to have to pick up the slack.

36 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

If you've never noticed, I get just as frustrated with the far-right chucklehead's here that try to tell me I'm a secret democrat every day. 

It is no secret we are all aware of it even if you are not.

7 hours ago, Carter said:

Yeah I know we have already done some pretty messed up stuff with drones. I don't give him a pass for it at all though, this is not how you defeat ISIS and the idea itself that we are only fighting ISIS in Syria is wrong.

We defeated the insurgency in Iraq by forming a coalition with the locals, empowering them to stand up in their own communities without so much fear of retribution for cooperating with us, and took the fight to them on their level. Am I suggesting we pour troops into Syria now and occupy it as we did Iraq? No... it's a vastly different situation with complex layers of international involvement and a full blown civil war driving a massive refugee crisis. We need to totally reevaluate how to fight them on their soil. The civilian casualties in Iraq were pretty unacceptable and we have only taken that to an exponentially worse level. But reevaluating it would imply that we are interested in ending the conflict and I'm honestly not convinced that is our goal.

Don't get me wrong, I understand as well as anyone who has been there how ugly war is. They knew we would not target mosques and for a long time they took advantage of that. There are very good reasons for not targeting them even aside from the illegality of it. All this does is hurt us in our effort to fight this war... it shows we are targeting a religion, shows we are not concerned with collateral damage... and it turns the locals, who we need to win their communities back, against us.

No, Trump does not get a pass for this. He may have said he had a plan to defeat ISIS, but I do not support this strategy at all.

I suppose that argument is that we are not targeting Mosque we are targeting the enemy. We need troops in Syria we also need the coalitions so therefore supporting groups to overthrow Assad is not the way to go there if we are going to beat them in Syria.

Trump does not deserve the blame of 15 years of amateur corrupt foreign policy hung around his neck. He has never been a politician. He ran on fixing the problems we created and not causing more problems so I will give him longer than 50 days.

12 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

It's no secret we are all aware that you are one of the far far right chucleheads even if you are not.

mdrake34 likes this

14 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

Just like you're a "libertarian."

rCcrn8zgSFWvWmlyqZ2R_w5.gif

6 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

I suppose that argument is that we are not targeting Mosque we are targeting the enemy. We need troops in Syria we also need the coalitions so therefore supporting groups to overthrow Assad is not the way to go there if we are going to beat them in Syria.

Trump does not deserve the blame of 15 years of amateur corrupt foreign policy hung around his neck. He has never been a politician. He ran on fixing the problems we created and not causing more problems so I will give him longer than 50 days.

15 years...

try 32

3 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

He better get started soon, his days are numbered.

And now here's some "fake news" from our friends from Across the Pond...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39300191

The US has agreed not to repeat claims the UK's communications intelligence agency wiretapped Donald Trump in the weeks after he won the US election.

GCHQ denied allegations made by the White House that it spied on Mr Trump as president-elect.

No 10 has been assured the allegations would not be repeated, a spokesman for Prime Minister Theresa May said.

He said it had been made clear to US authorities the claims were "ridiculous and should have been ignored".

GCHQ also rejected the allegations as "nonsense" and "utterly ridiculous". The unusual move by the agency came after White House press secretary Sean Spicer cited claims first made on US TV channel Fox News earlier this week.

Mr Trump has claimed that Trump Tower in New York was under surveillance.

But he has provided no evidence for the claim.

A Senate committee on Thursday concluded that there were "no indications" Trump Tower was under surveillance by the US government before or after the election.

The claims of GCHQ involvement were initially made by former judge Andrew Napolitano.

Mr Spicer quoted Mr Napolitano as saying: "Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command.

"He didn't use the NSA, he didn't use the CIA, he didn't use the FBI and he didn't use the Department of Justice, he used GCHQ."

A GCHQ spokesman said: "Recent allegations made by media commentator Judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct 'wiretapping' against the then president-elect are nonsense.

"They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored."

7 minutes ago, lostone said:

15 years...

try 32

Actually longer than that but I am talking about it being fairly stable before the Bush and Obama acts.

8 minutes ago, Statick said:

And now here's some "fake news" from our friends from Across the Pond...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39300191

The US has agreed not to repeat claims the UK's communications intelligence agency wiretapped Donald Trump in the weeks after he won the US election.

GCHQ denied allegations made by the White House that it spied on Mr Trump as president-elect.

No 10 has been assured the allegations would not be repeated, a spokesman for Prime Minister Theresa May said.

He said it had been made clear to US authorities the claims were "ridiculous and should have been ignored".

GCHQ also rejected the allegations as "nonsense" and "utterly ridiculous". The unusual move by the agency came after White House press secretary Sean Spicer cited claims first made on US TV channel Fox News earlier this week.

Mr Trump has claimed that Trump Tower in New York was under surveillance.

But he has provided no evidence for the claim.

A Senate committee on Thursday concluded that there were "no indications" Trump Tower was under surveillance by the US government before or after the election.

The claims of GCHQ involvement were initially made by former judge Andrew Napolitano.

Mr Spicer quoted Mr Napolitano as saying: "Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command.

"He didn't use the NSA, he didn't use the CIA, he didn't use the FBI and he didn't use the Department of Justice, he used GCHQ."

A GCHQ spokesman said: "Recent allegations made by media commentator Judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct 'wiretapping' against the then president-elect are nonsense.

"They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored."

Yep, Trump is learning that as President of the United States, he can't just get in a huff and spout insane conspiracy theories.

He lied about Obama wiretapping him in Trump Towers.  He dragged his entire administration into his lie.  He dragged Congress into his lie to try to create some time to diffuse it.  He used Breitbart and talk radio as the basis of his lie.  He sent his press secretary out to spread his lie.  And he cited a Fox News commentator to accuse the UK of being part of his conspiracy theory.

Now the intelligence community says there is no evidence behind it.  Every former administration official that would have been involved said there's nothing to it.  The UK called it "ridiculous" and forced Spicer and McMaster to apologize and promise not to repeat it.  And now we're going to have congressional committee that's going to involve Trump's own people saying there's no evidence behind it.

We knew that Trump lies.  Now he's told a flagrant lie as President of the United States and his lie is being exposed in a very public and international way.  As I said earlier, this isn't ending well for him.  His credibility has taken a major hit both domestically and internationally.  It's going to hurt his ability to engage in diplomacy and it's going to cause people to question whatever he says regarding domestic policy.  

Perhaps Trump should stop listening to Breitbart, Mark Levin, and Fox News commentators and perhaps he should stop lying whenever media coverage isn't going his way.  

Also, Trump should probably stop listening to Andrew Napolitano, who once promoted 9/11 truther conspiracy theories on Fox News.  

And perhaps Fox News should stop giving voice to these crazy conspiracy theorists and be more responsible in who they give air time to.

8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yep, Trump is learning that as President of the United States, he can't just get in a huff and spout insane conspiracy theories.

He lied about Obama wiretapping him in Trump Towers.  He dragged his entire administration into his lie.  He dragged Congress into his lie to try to create some time to diffuse it.  He used Breitbart and talk radio as the basis of his lie.  He sent his press secretary out to spread his lie.  And he cited a Fox News commentator to accuse the UK of being part of his conspiracy theory.

Now the intelligence community says there is no evidence behind it.  Every former administration official that would have been involved said there's nothing to it.  The UK called it "ridiculous" and forced Spicer and McMaster to apologize and promise not to repeat it.  And now we're going to have congressional committee that's going to involve Trump's own people saying there's no evidence behind it.

We knew that Trump lies.  Now he's told a flagrant lie as President of the United States and his lie is being exposed in a very public and international way.  As I said earlier, this isn't ending well for him.  His credibility has taken a major hit both domestically and internationally.  It's going to hurt his ability to engage in diplomacy and it's going to cause people to question whatever he says regarding domestic policy.  

Perhaps Trump should stop listening to Breitbart, Mark Levin, and Fox News commentators and perhaps he should stop lying whenever media coverage isn't going his way.  

This post is everything that is wrong with the nutty authoritarian left in a nutshell. Just a microcosm of why you are growing so unpopular worldwide and are in capable of stopping it.