silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

71,937 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, marla_mulder said:

Exactly...but she acted as if she had the holy grail...in reality, she had nothing.

But you don't think the same ppl would ignore relevant, publicly disclosed financial information in order to carry on a narrative that there MUST be something hidden in his taxes? C'mon. Ppl like Maddow will never be satisfied regardless of how much is provided.

We're having two different conversations with one another at the same time here.  You saw, or if you didn't, go back and read how I strongly criticized the ****  show Maddow and MSNBC tried to put on and how it totally backfired on them and benefited Trump. I've got a conference call in a minute, I'll continue this conversation later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marla_mulder said:

Why does he need to? Why aren't you satisfied with his financial disclosures?

He's not obligated to do something just because someone else did.That's horrible reasoning.

If he has nothing to hide, why does he lie about it so much?

Do you remember that time a normal person lied over and over again about something completely innocuous?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are we acting like he wasn't running for the PRESIDENCY

You get to be president. Or you get privacy. Pick one. 

The standards we hold our president Have been seriously eroded over the past decade and it's disgusting. 

News flash. No one FORCED him or anyone to run. You're acting like we're asking for a run of the mill private citizen to be forthcoming. No. 

 

falconsd56 and AF89 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We probably run the guy holding the nuclear codes through more scrutiny then the guy that actually makes the call. 

Brilliant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marla_mulder said:

Why does he need to? Why aren't you satisfied with his financial disclosures?

He's not obligated to do something just because someone else did.That's horrible reasoning.

This has been answered many times.  In short, because of the scope of his business interests, it is important that the public have an opportunity to consider any potential conflicts of interest.  This isn't just rhetoric, it actually matters.  And, it's why the second bolded part is important; other candidates have done it so we can understand better their potential conflicts of interest.  It's not doing it just because others have done it, it's that others have done it for a very important reason that also applies to Trump.

AF89, big_dog and BernieBernstein like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, erWOR 404 Player Not Found said:

Why are we acting like he wasn't running for the PRESIDENCY

You get to be president. Or you get privacy. Pick one. 

The standards we hold our president Have been seriously eroded over the past decade and it's disgusting. 

News flash. No one FORCED him or anyone to run. You're acting like we're asking for a run of the mill private citizen to be forthcoming. No. 

 

and there is no law forcing him to reveal his taxes. so instead of trying to force someone to do something they aren't required to do, advocate to change the law. that is supposed to be how things work

capologist likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Spectre said:

If he has nothing to hide, why does he lie about it so much?

Do you remember that time a normal person lied over and over again about something completely innocuous?

 

Why did Obama wait 3 years to release his long-form birth certificate?  See how that works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, capologist said:

Why did Obama wait 3 years to release his long-form birth certificate?  See how that works?

Asking a presidential candidate to release something no other candidate has been asked to provide is not the same as asking a candidate provide the same documentation every other candidate in modern history has provided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

and there is no law forcing him to reveal his taxes. so instead of trying to force someone to do something they aren't required to do, advocate to change the law. that is supposed to be how things work

This is trumps America. 

We don't go by how things are supposed to work. 

Trump is a lizard from space. I read it somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Asking a presidential candidate to release something no other candidate has been asked to provide is not the same as asking a candidate provide the same documentation every other candidate in modern history has provided.

That wasn't the question that was asked though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Releasing his tax returns would put all the distrust and rumors to rest. Plus it would show he's complying with the emolument clause. Of course, if there is an issue, I'd hide them too.  :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, capologist said:

That wasn't the question that was asked though...

  I don't know President Obama's mind, but you saw what happened when he did produce it, the argument became that was a fake document and more conspiracy theories sprang from that.

Quid Pro Quo: Why'd it take so long for Donnie, the leader of the anti-birth controversy, to finally admit that the President was actually a natural-born American citizen, and only did so when pressed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, capologist said:

That wasn't the question that was asked though...

Why did he wait 3 years? Because it was ridiculous, racist, and stupid to demand to see his birth certificate? He shouldn't have entertained it at all. 

big_dog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is it guys? Is the boogyman Russia or Trumps tax's, cause that's all you folks want to harp about. With the weaponizing of the IRS during Obama' reign, do you DOUBT for 1 second that if Trump has something unethical, corrupt or even hinted at a scandal that THEY lois Lerner and the other hacks, would not have used it against Trump 2 years ago? In fact, the crooks at the IRS and then the Clinton association with the assistant director of the FBI would have leaked or outright given to the media anything they could've to disgrace trump. You had the weaponized DOJ and you think if there was a hint of a scandal with Trumps org. he wouldn't have been brought up on charges? You folks are absolutely desperate and frankly, you look small by continuing on these pages, day after day looking for the smallest scandal as to impeach President Trump. How about wanting more jobs, a great foreign policy a non divided country? Get real people and hook your lines up to something positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Statick said:

  I don't know President Obama's mind, but you saw what happened when he did produce it, the argument became that was a fake document and more conspiracy theories sprang from that.

Quid Pro Quo: Why'd it take so long for Donnie, the leader of the anti-birth controversy, to finally admit that the President was actually a natural-born American citizen, and only did so when pressed?

Very good question and only one that Trump could answer.  I would guess it's because like a lot of people he's extremely FOS...lol

Carter likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

No it wouldn't. Those ppl would just move on to the next thing that they demand...

Nah, this is too important to our national security, if he's not violating the emolument guidlines, and he's not laundering Russia mafia funds. How does this not concern you? It does most of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, big_dog said:

Nah, this is too important to our national security, if he's not violating the emolument guidlines, and he's not laundering Russia mafia funds. How does this not concern you? It does most of us.

So what would his tax returns do that the link marla provided didn't do?

https://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/TrumpFinancialDisclosure20150722.pdf

 

I mean, if there was some glaring discrepancy as you just described, don't you think the IRS among others would have already acted on it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, big_dog said:

Releasing his tax returns would put all the distrust and rumors to rest. Plus it would show he's complying with the emolument clause. Of course, if there is an issue, I'd hide them too.  :ninja:

congratulations for using the same reasoning a crooked cop would use if you didn't want to let him search your house without a search warrant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now