silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

71,775 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

You mean the one that the left resulted to its usual lying tactics to go after during his Supreme Court Nomination in 1987?

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about Robert Bork.....But go ahead and shift this to the "lying left".  

FFS!  This POS was a key player in perpetuating arguably the most outrageous abuses of power (and cover up of a SERIES of flagrant lies, and you want to talk about the lying LEFT during his confirmation hearings.  

Wow. 

3 minutes ago, holymoses said:

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about Robert Bork.....But go ahead and shift this to the "lying left".  

FFS!  This POS was a key player in perpetuating arguably the most outrageous abuses of power (and cover up of a SERIES of flagrant lies, and you want to talk about the lying LEFT during his confirmation hearings.  

Wow. 

Why would I not shift it to the lying left. It is what you do after all. When that fails you just make stuff up.

59 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

Why would I not shift it to lying? It is what you do after all. When that fails you just make stuff up.

You just described Donald Trump.

How do you point fingers and make accusations, when Donald Trump can't tell the truth about anything?

He's the same Buffoon he was in the 80's..90's..and now. 

3 minutes ago, defcon4 said:

How do you point fingers and make accusations, when Donald Trump can't tell the truth about anything?

That is President Buffoon! Sure looks like he knows how to win to me. Right now he looks like the most honest person in politics while being held to a different set of rules than anyone else.

8 hours ago, marla_mulder said:

Dumb. All BC ppl are nosey...if it was illegal, the IRS would take care of it. 

You missed the point. It's a concern over Trumps ties with Russian organized crime possibilities. His taxes would show any connections. This would not be an IRS issue to take care of but rather an FBI concern.

4 hours ago, Sobeit said:

That is President Buffoon! Sure looks like he knows how to win to me. Right now he looks like the most honest person in politics while being held to a different set of rules than anyone else.

He's a dead ringer for Nixon. "the most honest person in politics" OMG, you've just proven your the buffoon.

7 hours ago, Statick said:

Just not the countries that had people that ACTUALLY attacked us on 9/11, like Saudi Arabia.

Blame the Obama administration for that, that's whose list the EO used to pick the countries...

25 minutes ago, big_dog said:

You missed the point. It's a concern over Trumps ties with Russian organized crime possibilities. His taxes would show any connections. This would not be an IRS issue to take care of but rather an FBI concern.

It's not even isolated to Russia.  There could be other, more subtle conflicts of interests that the public needs to know about.  And it's not even about judging presidents during the campaign.  Conflicts of interests are not disqualifying.  But if the public knows about them then they can act as a watchdog against policies that might be influenced by the conflict.  

It's about transparency and knowing what alternative interests a future president of the United States might have.  There are several compelling reasons to demand them and no compelling reasons that I've heard for why they should be kept secret.

mdrake34 and BrockSamson like this

Also, just a reminder about this second judge in Maryland who temporarily halted the travel ban...it's another Obama appointee.  So far we have two Obama appointees ruling against the ban.  

The last time, the original halt to the first travel ban was a Bush appointee, followed by a unanimous decision by a Reagan appointee and two Democratic appointed judges.  So you had both Republican and Democratic appointed judges ruling against the ban last time.  So far it's only been Obama appointees.  If some Republican appointed judges start ruling against the ban then I'll feel a little more confident about its eventual success.

3 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

If it's REALLY about transparency  (and not some nosey, need to know every aspect of someone's life) there are ways to get that information outside of tax returns...and those are public records. Wonder why no one does that if it's really about conflicts of interest and transparency? 

I am required by law to file an OGE 450 every year since I work in acquisition and negotiate government contracts. I have to disclose any "gifts" over a certain amount and any debts to anyone over a certain amount. Ownership of stock in companies must be reported and if you do work for anyone outside of the federal government. I file this with the ethics office every year. 

High ranking government officials and Presidential candidates/nominees have to disclose the same info....and theirs are public records. 

So tell me again why you really HAVE to have his tax returns when there are other avenues available to get the information you claim to want?

Nah, ppl want to know how much money he made and taxes he paid so they can somehow spin it negatively...even if it's completely legal.

Fishing.

Not to be glib or flip, but the laws that you're talking about regarding disclosures do not apply to the President of the United States, let alone a candidate running for that office.  So all of that information that you're talking about, we don't have it from the President himself and we certainly don't have it during the campaign.

I personally don't care about people's tax returns, per se.  But they are a vital piece of information that can help the public gauge whether the president is making policy to personally benefit himself.  I think that's important.

mdrake34 likes this

1 minute ago, marla_mulder said:

Well, then that would be the FBI's job...not yours and other Internet detectives to play 7 degrees of separation with Russia and make connections that aren't there...just BC you THINK you know something that you actually don't.

Oh, and if he's dealing with organized crime, I doubt he's highlighting that on his tax returns for you.

The FBI only investigates criminal behavior.  If Trump were crafting policy to benefit his own companies, that would not be a crime.  It would be a public concern, but not a criminal offense.  And the only way to have that info is from his full tax returns.  

mdrake34 and AF89 like this

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Not to be glib or flip, but the laws that you're talking about regarding disclosures do not apply to the President of the United States, let alone a candidate running for that office.  So all of that information that you're talking about, we don't have it from the President himself and we certainly don't have it during the campaign.

I personally don't care about people's tax returns, per se.  But they are a vital piece of information that can help the public gauge whether the president is making policy to personally benefit himself.  I think that's important.

Trump isn't a non-profit organization. So Marla's example doesn't work. 

One thing that got completely lost in all of the nonsense under this administration are the very real concerns over Trump's potential business conflicts of interest. You can't just fire off FOIA's for that information. 

Leon Troutsky and big_dog like this

7 hours ago, Spectre said:

People wish we could get the lunatic out of the White House. In two months, he's quickly established himself as the worst President in modern history. 

I've got to say that I've never seen a president handle himself as poorly as him. It's like listening to a liberal rant about everything.

big_dog likes this

Well, then that would be the FBI's job...not yours and other Internet detectives to play 7 degrees of separation with Russia and make connections that aren't there...just BC you THINK you know something that you actually don't.

Oh, and if he's dealing with organized crime, I doubt he's highlighting that on his tax returns for you.

Boy did I hit a nerve.  He wouldn't be highlighting it, it would be there under income. I hope he isn't connected to Russia because if he is you'll have a stroke. If he is then I will earn my next level jr deputy badge. :tiphat:

9 minutes ago, erWOR 404 Player Not Found said:

So Marla has to go through more COI scrutiny than the president? 

Awesome. 

No not at all. I just don't see why Congress and the rest of America shouldn't be allowed to see his business ties. He said his tax return was under audit which we found out was a lie. Then he said he'd release them if he won the presidency ehich turned out to be another lie. I just don't favor liars esp when the liar is mt President.

6 hours ago, defcon4 said:

That's what happens when a person is all up in their feelings about a candidate they voted for, even one as crappy and luny as Trump.

They can't see the forest for the tears.

defcon4 likes this

Really?  Because I was curious and went to the ethics website last night to see who must file those OGE financial disclosures...Presidential candidates are required to do so.

There is a limited financial disclosure form that has to be filled out by candidates, but it doesn't provide the type of business interests that we're talking about.  For example, how much (if any) debt does Trump owe to Russian banks and oligarchs associated with Putin?  How would lowering sanctions on Russia help/hurt those banks and/or Trump's businesses with these people (if at all)?  Those are just questions related to Russia.  Trump "owns" a hotel in D.C. that rents to several government offices.  What is Trump's role in setting those rents, specifically?  Are government contracts about renting office spaces directed to this hotel with the goal of benefiting Trump, and how much would be benefit from government agencies renting these office spaces?

Again, the disclosure forms that you're talking about wouldn't answer those questions.  

1 minute ago, marla_mulder said:

Look up Donald Trump OGE 278...includes same info that I said I had to disclose.

Provides plenty of info...

Can we answer the questions that I asked with the OGE?

The media is a bunch of liars, fake news, enemy of the people 

*Let me site them as my source for this one*

The amount of stupidity it takes to go from point a to point b here is mind blowing. 

mdrake34 likes this