silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

96,928 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Also..... remember how Snake use to ***** about Obama saying me and I too much?

Anyone who listens to Limbaugh and takes him seriously complained about Obama for acting like a king

Edited by Yadi
falconsd56 and Leon Troutsky like this

4 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Also..... remember how Snake use to ***** about Obama saying me and I too much?

Yep, he whined about that all the time.  Trump is the most narcissistic president in recent history.  

14 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Seriously....if you had any doubts before, he just squashed those. I'm not sure why you had doubts before though.

I'm not crazy so let me type up some long-winded tweets that make me sound crazy. Also, I'm, like, really smart. "Stable genius" even.

The like kills me. 

Who the **** TYPES like... 

Jpowers, Leon Troutsky and AF89 like this

Just now, lostone said:

How is this guy alive?

They say he has plenty of energy and is healthy.  I can't figure it out.  Does he work out on a regular basis?  I mean I have noticed some weight gain since he first declared.  But I know if I ate McDonald's that much I'd already been dead.  

Another excerpt from the Fire and Fury book...

The candidate and his top lieutenants believed they could get all the benefits of almost becoming president without having to change their behavior or their fundamental worldview one whit: we don’t have to be anything but who and what we are, because of course we won’t win. Many candidates for president have made a virtue of being Washington outsiders; in practice, this strategy merely favors governors over senators. Every serious candidate, no matter how much he or she disses Washington, relies on Beltway insiders for counsel and support. But with Trump, hardly a person in his innermost circle had ever worked in politics at the national level—his closest advisers had not worked in politics at all.

Throughout his life, Trump had few close friends of any kind, but when he began his campaign for president he had almost no friends in politics. The only two actual politicians with whom Trump was close were Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie, and both men were in their own way peculiar and isolated. And to say that he knew nothing—nothing at all—about the basic intellectual foundations of the job was a comic understatement. Early in the campaign, in a Producers-worthy scene, Sam Nunberg was sent to explain the Constitution to the candidate: “I got as far as the Fourth Amendment before his finger is pulling down on his lip and his eyes are rolling back in his head.”

You can miss me with all that noise about Iran being a super terror org.

we caused most of the problems in Iran and Iraq!  It is our fault.  I am sick of this crap.

Our foreign policy has been garbage for so long.

I promise that I won’t do this very often, but I thought this excerpt from “Fire and Fury” has a ton of insight into Trump’s personality.  The part about Russia is also interesting...

He looked for a license not to conform, not to be respectable. It was something of an outlaw prescription for winning—and winning, however you won, was what it was all about. Or, as his friends would observe, mindful themselves not to be taken in, he simply had no scruples. He was a rebel, a disruptor, and, living outside the rules, contemptuous of them.

A close Trump friend who was also a good Bill Clinton friend found them eerily similar—except that Clinton had a respectable front and Trump did not. One manifestation of this outlaw personality, for both Trump and Clinton, was their brand of womanizing—and indeed, harassing.

Even among world-class womanizers and harassers, they seemed exceptionally free of doubt or hesitation. Trump liked to say that one of the things that made life worth living was getting your friends’ wives into bed. In pursuing a friend’s wife, he would try to persuade the wife that her husband was perhaps not what she thought. Then he’d have his secretary ask the friend into his office; once the friend arrived, Trump would engage in what was, for him, more or less constant sexual banter. Do you still like having sex with your wife? How often? You must have had a better **** than your wife? Tell me about it. I have girls coming in from Los Angeles at three o’clock. We can go upstairs and have a great time. I promise … And all the while, Trump would have his friend’s wife on the speakerphone, listening in.

Previous presidents, and not just Clinton, have of course lacked scruples. What was, to many of the people who knew Trump well, much more confounding was that he had managed to win this election, and arrive at this ultimate accomplishment, wholly lacking what in some obvious sense must be the main requirement of the job, what neuroscientists would call executive function. He had somehow won the race for president, but his brain seemed incapable of performing what would be essential tasks in his new job. He had no ability to plan and organize and pay attention and switch focus; he had never been able to tailor his behavior to what the goals at hand reasonably required. On the most basic level, he simply could not link cause and effect.

The charge that Trump colluded with the Russians to win the election, which he scoffed at, was, in the estimation of some of his friends, a perfect example of his inability to connect the dots. Even if he hadn’t personally conspired with the Russians to fix the election, his efforts to curry favor with, of all people, Vladimir Putin had no doubt left a trail of alarming words and deeds likely to have enormous political costs.

Shortly after the election, his friend Ailes told him, with some urgency, “You’ve got to get right on Russia.” Even exiled from Fox News, Ailes still maintained a fabled intelligence network. He warned Trump of potentially damaging material coming his way. “You need to take this seriously, Donald.”

“Jared has this,” said a happy Trump. “It’s all worked out.”

biloxifalcon and AF89 like this

4 hours ago, Yadi said:

I was talking about their opponents

So where is your evidence that it is ineffective? Also, Trump is still above 50% in Alabama. National polls are not uniform. 

1 hour ago, lostone said:

Please let this be fake

I don't know if that picture is fake......but  I know for an absolute fact that there are people who think that

43 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Shortly after the election, his friend Ailes told him, with some urgency, “You’ve got to get right on Russia.” Even exiled from Fox News, Ailes still maintained a fabled intelligence network. He warned Trump of potentially damaging material coming his way. “You need to take this seriously, Donald.”

“Jared has this,” said a happy Trump. “It’s all worked out.”

So, Trump was warned about this "fake" investigation by non other than Ailes himself? And he was told to take this "fake" investigation seriously? This aint even funny man, not at all!

Leon Troutsky likes this

5 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

So, Trump was warned about this "fake" investigation by non other than Ailes himself? And he was told to take this "fake" investigation seriously? This aint even funny man, not at all!

That’s why I thought it was such an interesting passage.  

2 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Seriously....if you had any doubts before, he just squashed those. I'm not sure why you had doubts before though.

I'm not crazy so let me type up some long-winded tweets that make me sound crazy. Also, I'm, like, really smart. "Stable genius" even.

3 hours ago, BrockSamson said:

It’s always a good sign when all you have to do is say “ I rest my case” and nothing else in court for the win! B)

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I already told you I watch it all.  It must be the decipher part you're having trouble with?   

If you watch them all how can you disregard it when they broadcast certain things have already been proven like Russian interference and 4 of Trump's closest staff were arrested and have pled guilty to lying about it. Do you get brain dead when you see these stories and think it won't creep up to Kushner, Donald Jr and possibly the Orange maniac himself? You are one of a kind. No wait, Vicious runs a close second to you.

2 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Another excerpt from the Fire and Fury book...

Early in the campaign, in a Producers-worthy scene, Sam Nunberg was sent to explain the Constitution to the candidate: “I got as far as the Fourth Amendment before his finger is pulling down on his lip and his eyes are rolling back in his head.”

It must have been too much for that genius to comprehend in one sitting.

Leon Troutsky likes this