silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

96,928 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, thesouphead said:

Those people thought we were not doing anything to defeat ISIS...we were.
 

Oddly enough I was thinking about this last night. Obama really fugged up by stopping McCain's surge in Iraq.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, achilles return said:

this explains why medical care is so much more expensive in the government-run wastelands of europe, right

God, how soon can we get European healthcare?  I want this so bad...when oh dear Lord, when?   

By Laura Donnelly, health editor 

 

Every hospital in the country has been ordered to cancel all non-urgent surgery until at least February in an unprecedented step by NHS officials.

The instructions on Tuesday night - which will see result in around 50,000 operations being axed - followed claims by senior doctors that patients were being treated in “third world” conditions, as hospital chief executives warned of the worst winter crisis for three decades.

Hospitals are reporting growing chaos, with a spike in winter fluleaving frail patients facing 12-hour waits, and some units running out of corridor space.

Sir Bruce Keogh, NHS medical director, on Tuesday ordered NHS trusts to stop taking all but the most urgent cases, closing outpatients clinics for weeks as well as cancelling around 50,000 planned 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/02/nhs-hospitals-ordered-cancel-routine-operations-january/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Snowball said:

No one cares about your ignorant opinion you dunce.

I don’t think he was saying what you think he was saying.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doozer said:

That is explained by their lack of investment in research and innovation; focusing on providing BASIC proven care. There is no room for frivolous studies when people are dying!

There is a reason why more medical innovations are placed on the open market (free to use and be manufactured by any company) by the USA, than the rest of the world combined X4.

major oecd countries equal us spending as a percentage of gdp - what are you even talking about? they're doing this while providing better care at better prices, and you can't just wave this away, dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I don’t think he was saying what you think he was saying.  

?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

While there was growth overall in investment from 2013 to 2015, medical and health R&D continues to represent only a very small fraction of total U.S. health spending. In fact, our nation currently spends less than 5 cents of each health dollar on medical and health R&D (4.93%).

research and development can't be the driver of the per capita cost differences in heath care between the united states and other oecd nations if it constitutes such a small percentage of overall health care spending. you're not fooling anyone. 

BrockSamson likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

moving to higher education:

8-15-16sfp-f7.png?itok=PAHMkm4r

wow, it's almost like the exact opposite of your accusation, and a significant cause of higher education costs is directly related to lower state support and a greater financial burden on individual students.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

God, how soon can we get European healthcare?  I want this so bad...when oh dear Lord, when?   

By Laura Donnelly, health editor 

 

Every hospital in the country has been ordered to cancel all non-urgent surgery until at least February in an unprecedented step by NHS officials.

The instructions on Tuesday night - which will see result in around 50,000 operations being axed - followed claims by senior doctors that patients were being treated in “third world” conditions, as hospital chief executives warned of the worst winter crisis for three decades.

Hospitals are reporting growing chaos, with a spike in winter fluleaving frail patients facing 12-hour waits, and some units running out of corridor space.

Sir Bruce Keogh, NHS medical director, on Tuesday ordered NHS trusts to stop taking all but the most urgent cases, closing outpatients clinics for weeks as well as cancelling around 50,000 planned 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/02/nhs-hospitals-ordered-cancel-routine-operations-january/

 

 

No one could have predicted that happening when the Tories started stripping funding from the NHS to justify privatization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

No one could have predicted that happening when the Tories started stripping funding from the NHS to justify privatization.

i doubt wfw knows what a tory is

AF89 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doozer said:

You should be on the side of removing regulations so Politicians won't have the power to manipulate the market to such an extent that it makes it more profitable to bribe candidates, rather than draw more customers.

Also, I'm assuming you're to join the handful of people (0) who are going to give an extra $1-2K to the government to lower the debt, since it doesn't affect you.

I'm also wondering how a $200 dinner is right? and why no one complains about Big Climate, and Big Education, like they do Big Oil, and Big Pharmacy.

It speaks to poor life choices as a bigger contributor to his state than some CEO buying their third yacht.

 

I'm gonna bow out. You can't reason with someone who can't think critically.

 

 

BTW, one of the greatest financial minds in the world is on my side. Buffet just wrote an op-ed destroying everything you mentioned...

big_dog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Then I misread his post.  My bad.

But, reading it again, he was talking about stopping this “nonsense” and criticizing the “ruse”..  The “nonsense” and “ruse” below his post was Grassley and Graham’s calling for a Steele prosecution.  So maybe I misread it, or maybe he was confused, but his post looked like he was critizing the GOP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

But, reading it again, he was talking about stopping this “nonsense” and criticizing the “ruse”..  The “nonsense” and “ruse” below his post was Grassley and Graham’s calling for a Steele prosecution.  So maybe I misread it, or maybe he was confused, but his post looked like he was critizing the GOP.

Either way I think you are putting too much thought into it. If anything we should be pointing our fingers at his incoherence and drawing the parallel to his favorite politician.

Edited by Snowball
Leon Troutsky and big_dog like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I don’t think he was saying what you think he was saying.  

Actually, I don’t think he was saying what you think he was saying. But either way, Snowball’s comment stands.

Leon Troutsky and big_dog like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BrockSamson said:

Actually, I don’t think he was saying what you think he was saying. But either way, Snowball’s comment stands.

Probably true on both counts. 

But maybe somebody could explain what he meant?  

HolyMoses likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.