silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

96,928 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

To be fair...we didn't think the right was THAT stupid.  We gave too much credit.

 

The Republicans did everything they could to stop the Trump train. He just rode the wave of disgruntled voters tired of 8 years of SJW idiocy.

Unfortunately, the Democrats were successful in rigging the primary elections against their own populist candidate, and pushing forward the only person capable of losing to a cartoon caricature.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Doozer said:

 

The Republicans did everything they could to stop the Trump train. He just rode the wave of disgruntled voters tired of 8 years of SJW idiocy.

 

8 years of Fox News.

 

Those people thought the economy was terrible...it wasn't at all.

Those people thought we were not doing anything to defeat ISIS...we were.

Those people thought that most incoming Mexicans were drugs dealers and rapists...they aren't.

Those people thought Trump was going to build a wall to keep the brown people out and that he would force Mexico to pay for it...Mexico isn't paying for that fvcking wall.

Those people thought Trump would bring back coal mining...he isn't.

Those people thought Clinton was running a child sex ring out of a pizza shop...she wasn't.  

 

The people were disgruntled about stuff they were mislead about. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

 

Cue JPW et al tweets post Bama election about how unlike Democrats they weren't a bunch of mindless savages about losing elections :rolleyes:

 

mdrake34 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

 

After years of asking, and not getting an answer, I finally got a reason why Income Inequality is bad...

...It's  because it causes increases in CRIME.

 

It has been soundly proven (by science) that poverty doesn't lead to an increased crime rate, it's RELATIVE poverty: the idea of putting two different economic classes close together. Basically people are jealous that someone else has more stuff, and that envy leads to hate and justifying criminal acts.

 

In the political sense, people on the left HATE rich people, so they want the government to confiscate their property: legal theft through tax and regulation.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doozer said:

After years of asking, and not getting an answer, I finally got a reason why Income Inequality is bad...

...It's  because it causes increases in CRIME.

 

It has been soundly proven (by science) that poverty doesn't lead to an increased crime rate, it's RELATIVE poverty: the idea of putting two different economic classes close together. Basically people are jealous that someone else has more stuff, and that envy leads to hate and justifying criminal acts.

 

In the political sense, people on the left HATE rich people, so they want the government to confiscate their property: legal theft through tax and regulation.

 

 

 

Do the same thing, but replace "money" with "food".    Imagine is people went around trying to collect as much food as possible...with 1% hoarding 80% of all food.  That makes it harder for the other 99% to get food.  

 

Its not about jealousy...its about quality of life and living standards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Doozer said:

After years of asking, and not getting an answer, I finally got a reason why Income Inequality is bad...

...It's  because it causes increases in CRIME.

 

It has been soundly proven (by science) that poverty doesn't lead to an increased crime rate, it's RELATIVE poverty: the idea of putting two different economic classes close together. Basically people are jealous that someone else has more stuff, and that envy leads to hate and justifying criminal acts.

 

In the political sense, people on the left HATE rich people, so they want the government to confiscate their property: legal theft through tax and regulation.

 

 

lmao I don't think I could make a better caricature of the right if I tried.

BrockSamson and falconsd56 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Doozer said:

After years of asking, and not getting an answer, I finally got a reason why Income Inequality is bad...

...It's  because it causes increases in CRIME.

 

It has been soundly proven (by science) that poverty doesn't lead to an increased crime rate, it's RELATIVE poverty: the idea of putting two different economic classes close together. Basically people are jealous that someone else has more stuff, and that envy leads to hate and justifying criminal acts.

 

In the political sense, people on the left HATE rich people, so they want the government to confiscate their property: legal theft through tax and regulation.

 

 

haha wow this sure is a whole bunch of nonsense 

BrockSamson likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thesouphead said:

 

Do the same thing, but replace "money" with "food".    Imagine is people went around trying to collect as much food as possible...with 1% hoarding 80% of all food.  That makes it harder for the other 99% to get food.  

 

Its not about jealousy...its about quality of life and living standards.

 

Having too much money isn't the same as having too much food. Money isn't a finite resource; Having more of it does not deprive someone else.

As far as quality of life... We're living at the top 1% of world population in standard of living.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, achilles return said:

haha wow this sure is a whole bunch of nonsense 

Par for the course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

haha wow this sure is a whole bunch of nonsense 

I've asked for years. Give me an explanation why the left is so obsessed with income inequality. Why are they so angry that someone else makes more money?

like I said, no one has been able to give me an answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doozer said:

Having too much money isn't the same as having too much food. Money isn't a finite resource; Having more of it does not deprive someone else.

As far as quality of life... We're living at the top 1% of world population in standard of living.

 

 

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

lmao I don't think I could make a better caricature of the right if I tried.

 

BrockSamson likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doozer said:

I've asked for years. Give me an explanation why the left is so obsessed with income inequality. Why are they so angry that someone else makes more money?

like I said, no one has been able to give me an answer.

Quote

A good student, Elsea loved reading, horses, and dogs, especially her Florida cracker cur, named Cow. She dreamed of becoming a pediatrician. She enrolled in community college on a federal Pell Grant, with plans to transfer to Auburn University, about 30 miles from her home in Five Points. But she fell in love with a kindergarten sweetheart, who’d become a stocker at a local Walmart, and dropped out of school to make money so they could rent their own place.

Elsea went to work in February 2016 at Ajin USA in Cusseta, Ala., the same South Korean supplier of auto parts for Hyundai and Kia where her sister and stepdad worked. Her mother, Angel Ogle, warned her against it. She’d worked at two other parts suppliers in the area and found the pace and pressure unbearable.

Elsea was 20 and not easily deterred. “She thought she was rich when she brought home that first paycheck,” Ogle says. Elsea and her boyfriend got engaged. She worked 12-hour shifts, seven days a week, hoping to move from temporary status at Ajin to full time, which would bring a raise from $8.75 an hour to $10.50. College can wait, she told her mom and stepdad.

Quote

On June 18, Elsea was working the day shift when a computer flashed “Stud Fault” on Robot 23. Bolts often got stuck in that machine, which mounted pillars for sideview mirrors onto dashboard frames. Elsea was at the adjacent workstation when the assembly line stopped. Her team called maintenance to clear the fault, but no one showed up. A video obtained by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration shows Elsea and three co-workers waiting impatiently. The team had a quota of 420 dashboard frames per shift but seldom made more than 350, says Amber Meadows, 23, who worked beside Elsea on the line. “We were always trying to make our numbers so we could go home,” Meadows says. “Everybody was always tired.”

After several minutes, Elsea grabbed a tool—on the video it looks like a screwdriver—and entered the screened-off area around the robot to clear the fault herself. Whatever she did to Robot 23, it surged back to life, crushing Elsea against a steel dashboard frame and impaling her upper body with a pair of welding tips. A co-worker hit the line’s emergency shut-off. Elsea was trapped in the machine—hunched over, eyes open, conscious but speechless.

...

An ambulance took Elsea to a nearby hospital; from there she was flown by helicopter to a trauma center in Birmingham. She died the next day. Her mom still hasn’t heard a word from Ajin’s owners or senior executives. They sent a single artificial flower to her funeral.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-03-23/inside-alabama-s-auto-jobs-boom-cheap-wages-little-training-crushed-limbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It happens every time. The only response is personal attacks. No real answers. None

The closest I've seen someone come up with something is "If you don't know then I won't tell you!"

and the classic, "It's bad, because rich people are bad, and we can't have them in control of stuff!"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, achilles return said:

I want to know how this relates to income inequality in your mind. She shouldn't have gotten a job there? More safety training? Maybe if she had gotten a bigger welfare check, she wouldn't have needed a job and got to stay home that day?

Or maybe just go with the standard Capitalism bad!

Edited by Doozer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Income inequality is only bad because it causes crime except it doesn't cause crime because really crime is caused by the poors being jealous of the not poors so really income inequality is good. 

 

Genius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doozer said:

I want to know how this relates to income inequality in your mind. She shouldn't have gotten a job there?

the race to the bottom in labor protection, capital flight, union busting, and tax policy is why income and wealth inequality have exploded over the last several decades and is also why this young lady is dead.

Boner likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Doozer said:

It happens every time. The only response is personal attacks. No real answers. None

The closest I've seen someone come up with something is "If you don't know then I won't tell you!"

and the classic, "It's bad, because rich people are bad, and we can't have them in control of stuff!"

 

We just know you're too much of a tard to take the answers seriously then you'll go into your tick tock mode. It is much wiser to mock you instead.

Door Gunner likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Doozer said:

It happens every time. The only response is personal attacks. No real answers. None

The closest I've seen someone come up with something is "If you don't know then I won't tell you!"

and the classic, "It's bad, because rich people are bad, and we can't have them in control of stuff!"

 

It's not just about the income inequality. Its about everything it leads to. Income inequality leads in lifespan inequality. Educational inequality. Leads to one side being able to eat every night, while the other is working 2 jobs to survive.

On top of that, you have the wealthy dictating what poor people do. The wealthy can afford to finance the campaigns of politicians. The poor cannot. Which is why you don't see poor people eating at the $200 plate dinners with local politicians. The rich do though.

 

So, you claiming there's no downside is false. I'm sure plenty of people have pointed it out, but you can't acknowledge it because your stance would be ruined...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.