silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

96,928 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

That's what Trump does, he lies. Another accuser he "never met."

Opps!!! Darn you photos and official records and other recordings!

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

What is silly is HRC is not a CURRENT political opponent, HRC is a private citizen holding no form of public office or even has said she will ever run again for anything. It is a petty vengeful use of our tax dollars

There are two possibilities...

There is evidence of wrong-doing by the Clinton Foundation that needs to be investigated.  

This was politically motivated and Sessions felt pressure to open a frivolous investigation because Trump was ordering him to do it (as he promised during the campaign).

If the first is true, then Trump’s tweets and stupid calls for the investigation immediately undermines its credibility.  Whatever they find, Trump will have tainted and politicized the investigation, making it easy to dismiss whatever the results are.

If it’s the second, it’s a dangerous abuse of power and puts us squarely into third world dictator territory.  We will have officially crossed the line into banana republic type politics.  

And Republicans are complicit in all of this...they are sitting by passively or even cheerleading it.

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Random thoughts...Kim Jong Un

Why do our leaders on the left and many of their followers, kowtow to any tin pot dictators?   

Like failing to implement sanctions?  

One other thing...Sessions is going to have to answer for the Clinton investigation re-opening.  Did he recuse himself, like he promised to do during his confirmation hearings?  (If he didn’t, then he’s in all kinds of potential legal trouble.)

If he did recuse himself, that would mean Rosenstein made the decision.  Was he directly told by Trump or WH officials to open this investigation?  What is the evidentiary basis for the investigation?  

He and Sessions are going to have to answer these types of questions under oath.  And they are going to have to provide documents related to that decision.  I hope, for their sakes, that Sessions recused himself and that Rosenstein has a d*** good reason for opening an investigation into this.  And hoping that, I also hope that if evidence points to wrong doing by Clinton, I hope they nail her a**.  

But all of this, on the surface, looks like banana republic style politics with Trump acting like a 3rd world dictator and using the top law enforcement agency in the country to attack his political enemies.

Optimus_Cr1m35 likes this

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

He and Sessions are going to have to answer these types of questions under oath.  And they are going to have to provide documents related to that decision.  I hope, for their sakes, that Sessions recused himself and that Rosenstein has a d*** good reason for opening an investigation into this.  And hoping that, I also hope that if evidence points to wrong doing by Clinton, I hope they nail her a**.  

That would require Sessions and Rosenstein going back under oath, which Nunes, Gowdy and Co. have attempted (and thus far been successful) to block. I'm not optimistic it happens at this point.

1 hour ago, big_dog said:

Bump in case @WhenFalconsWin missed this or is in hiding.

Liberals in 2016: Trump will never become President! The electoral college will kick him out!

Liberals in 2017: Trump will be impeached his first year!

Liberals in 2018: Trump will not make it to the end of 2018!

New Year, same whine.

17 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

That would require Sessions and Rosenstein going back under oath, which Nunes, Gowdy and Co. have attempted (and thus far been successful) to block. I'm not optimistic it happens at this point.

The Senate investigation has been better in this regard.  We’ll see what happens, but this isn’t something they can just ignore and not answer.

Also, I had forgotten something about the timing of all this stuff and Trump losing his s*** this week.  We talked awhile ago in this thread about how Trump’s lawyers kept promising him that the investigation would wrap up and he would be cleared.  He was telling friends on the phone that he would get a letter from Mueller directly clearing him of wrong doing.  The first deadline told to Trump by his lawyers was October, I think.  Then it was supposed to end around Thanksgiving.  The last time we talked about this, they were telling him that the investigation would be over and he would be cleared by the first of the year.  Well...the first of the year came and went and nothing.  So that might explain partly why he’s losing his s***.

Optimus_Cr1m35 likes this

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The Senate investigation has been better in this regard.  We’ll see what happens, but this isn’t something they can just ignore and not answer.

Also, I had forgotten something about the timing of all this stuff and Trump losing his s*** this week.  We talked awhile ago in this thread about how Trump’s lawyers kept promising him that the investigation would wrap up and he would be cleared.  He was telling friends on the phone that he would get a letter from Mueller directly clearing him of wrong doing.  The first deadline told to Trump by his lawyers was October, I think.  Then it was supposed to end around Thanksgiving.  The last time we talked about this, they were telling him that the investigation would be over and he would be cleared by the first of the year.  Well...the first of the year came and went and nothing.  So that might explain partly why he’s losing his s***.

I am guessing he has been told he is a direct target...and Jared too. 

Also...I think 2 of Pence's aides have resigned this week and so did his lawyer.    What's going on there?

4 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

I am guessing he has been told he is a direct target...and Jared too. 

Also...I think 2 of Pence's aides have resigned this week and so did his lawyer.    What's going on there?

Yeah, I’ve heard nothing about Pence being implicated in any of this.  It might be rats fleeing the sinking ship or it might be routine.  There is usually a lot of executive branch turnover at the end of the first year.  That’s fairly typical.

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

:lol:

Cory Lewendowski holding a red MAGA hat that says “Fake News” and him giving the thumbs down to it is the most unintentionally and hilarious ironic thing I’ve seen in awhile.

AF89 likes this

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, I’ve heard nothing about Pence being implicated in any of this.  It might be rats fleeing the sinking ship or it might be routine.  There is usually a lot of executive branch turnover at the end of the first year.  That’s fairly typical.

I haven't heard anything directly tying Pence to it, but given his knowledge of the Flynn situation, and given that he's the adult in the room, I bet he knows something. He was involved somehow, or, he stood by as the bad boys did their deals..

He's like the kid in High School that never does anything wrong or exciting, then he gets in with the wrong crowd. His bad friends tell him to stop by the bank, they just need to get a $20 for cookies and pepsi later, so he stops.

They rob the bank without him knowing, and now, he's the getaway driver...