silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

96,970 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

He showed his true colors a long time ago when he repeatedly advocated for poor people being stripped of the right to vote. He's a bad person. 

To be real he has shown his true colors on multiple occasions.

 

Obama spoke out on Trayvon Martin's case, which I personally thought was a mistake, and conservatives including WFW everywhere had something to say.

 

 

The current POTUS retweets an actual hate group.......silence. 

 

It's what Republicans and conservatives are willing to overlook for their agenda that bothers me. It's hypocrisy at it's highest level. Higher than I could have ever imagined.

 

 

As long as the agenda is being furthered though....**** morals or ethics or decorum. The ends justifies the means.

lostone, mdrake34 and big_dog like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

He showed his true colors a long time ago when he repeatedly advocated for poor people being stripped of the right to vote. He's a bad person. 

That is not what he advocated for. He was right about it BTW. What he said is those taking public assistance in the form of other people's money should not vote to take more from others for themselves. We see the left use these groups as political weapons today. How is that working out for the fools that have fallen for it.

Edited by Sobeit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

He showed his true colors a long time ago when he repeatedly advocated for poor people being stripped of the right to vote. He's a bad person. 

Don't judge him too harshly, I doubt he's the original source for most of his thoughts, WFW is just a good soldier parroting the party line, cause he refuses to know any better.

He's the exact kind of Republican that unquestionably approves of most general policies (at the time they are made) but then will be the first to turn around and complain about the establishment that's been ruining his country cause nobody held them accountable.

big_dog and mdrake34 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second worst part of this current scenario to me is that Dems are the party that has to make sense of all this.

 

Y'all will **** up a free barbecue by getting caught up on stupid *** side issues to demonize R's and their supporters. It's all right there for the taking because they're screwing the pooch and giving it to you.....but y'all will find some side issue that doesn't really bring or include meaningful change right now and focus on that instead of policy  that actually is for the little guy. I mean it's right there for the taking. That's why I know y'all are gonna miss the mark. Too obvious. 

 

We're ****** pretty much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

That is not what he advocated for. He was right about it BTW. What he said is those taking public assistance in the form of other people's money should not vote to take more from others for themselves. We see the left use these groups as political weapons today. How is that working out for the fools that have fallen for it.

So..... Corporations and top ten percenter's 8 years from now.....they shouldn't be allowed to vote....

 

Wait a sec......their tax cuts are "permanent".

 

 

****........let me take that back. That'd be most of America who shouldn't be allowed to vote under those standards. It's either vote for your taxes to be increased or not 8 years from now. We're (Blue collar dudes) all dependent on the government in that scenario.

 

 

Coincidence though I'm sure.

mdrake34, lostone and falconsd56 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to point out that Trump and Republicans could have made the Middle class tax cuts the permanent ones......yet they chose to make the corporate tax cuts permanent.

 

 

Y'all can spin that however you want and I'm sure y'all will but it speaks for itself

Middle class hero..... here's your temporary crumbs peasants. **** yo kids.

mdrake34 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jpowers said:

I just want to point out that Trump and Republicans could have made the Middle class tax cuts the permanent ones......yet they chose to make the corporate tax cuts permanent.

 

 

Y'all can spin that however you want and I'm sure y'all will but it speaks for itself

Middle class hero..... here's your temporary crumbs peasants. **** yo kids.

We fight over crumbs while the rich are eating the loaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm off to bed here soon but the argument from conservatives has always been "Show me where socialism has worked, it always fails".

 

 

Well okay.....show me where trickle down works. Give me a long term example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I'm off to bed here soon but the argument from conservatives has always been "Show me where socialism has worked, it always fails".

 

 

Well okay.....show me where trickle down works. Give me a long term example.

You mention a few places and then it’s “they aren’t as large as us”

Optimus_Cr1m35 and Door Gunner like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lostone said:

You mention a few places and then it’s “they aren’t as large as us”

To be fair I'm not arguing for socialism....I'm just looking for the equal answer. They want an answer to where socialism worked....I want an answer to where trickle down has ever worked long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jpowers said:

 

 

Crazy how I'm the one who had to be put on a temp tax cut.

 

 

Answer the first post though. One thing he's done that flew in the face of the corporate lobbyists.

First off not all lobbyist are bad and neither are corporations or the people in them. I look at the results. Everyday Trump wakes up and whittles away at the over reach of bureaucracy. We see more and more career bureaucrats ( the swamp) looking for the exit as there power is being taken away from them.

As far as the economy we are already seeing 4% GDP that has been largely due to walking back regulation and anticipation of the tax cuts. Ross, Mnuchin and Lighthizer are we working trade from the ground up. Trump's economic strategy is just not the tax cuts. In another year they will be calling it MAGAnomics. We will be dominating energy. By 2019 you will see Main Street starting to come back. People will be opening new businesses. As more of this is done you will start entering the area where you see 5 6 and 7% GDP. Couple this with the innovation and new techs that may come out as we give NASA a real mission and start spending on the military again and we will innovate and invent again. A rising tide raises all boats!

Controlling our borders does not artificially depress wages and they rise naturally as employers look to compete for good workers and retain the ones they have.

Trump is winning and these tax cuts while not perfect are very very good! As expected Trump is under budget and ahead of schedule. This train has no brakes!

Edited by Sobeit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

First off not all lobbyist are bad and neither are corporations or the people in them. I look at the results. Everyday Trump wakes up and whittles away at the over reach of bureaucracy. We see more and more career bureaucrats ( the swamp) looking for the exit as there power is being taken away from them.

As far as the economy we are already seeing 4% GDP that has been largely due to walking back regulation and anticipation of the tax cuts. Ross, Mnuchin and Lighthizer are we working trade from the ground up. Trump's economic strategy is just not the tax cuts. In another year they will be calling it MAGAnomics. We will be dominating energy. By 2019 you will see Main Street starting to come back. People will be opening new businesses. As more of this is done you will start entering the area where you see 5 6 and 7% GDP. Couple this with the innovation and new techs that may come out as we give NASA a real mission and start spending on the military again and we will innovate and invent again. A rising tide raises all boats!

Trump is winning and these tax cuts while not perfect are very very good! As expected Trump is under budget and ahead of schedule. This train has no brakes!

You didn't answer what single thing he has done that flies in the face of corporate, energy, pharmaceutical or literally any lobbyists though.

 

 

In fact you actually defended "the swamp". 

 

 

Honestly.....tell me one more thing he could have done to bow down to those lobbyists. If I was to design the perfect corporate shill.....it'd be Trump so far.

He sure has taught those most influential lobbyists with the most money a lesson.

mdrake34 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I'm off to bed here soon but the argument from conservatives has always been "Show me where socialism has worked, it always fails".

 

 

Well okay.....show me where trickle down works. Give me a long term example.

There is no such thing as trickle down economics. If so show me one theory about it. What we are talking about are free markets that lead to innovation and competition. It was this system that freed and unleashed human potential like the world had never seen. Your whole world view is a lie and a delusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

You didn't answer what single thing he has done that flies in the face of corporate, energy, pharmaceutical or literally any lobbyists though.

 

 

In fact you actually defended "the swamp". 

 

 

Honestly.....tell me one more thing he could have done to bow down to those lobbyists. If I was to design the perfect corporate shill.....it'd be Trump so far.

He sure has taught those most influential lobbyists with the most money a lesson.

There is nothing wrong with corporations. There is a lot wrong when you basically regulate their competition out of business. Trump is creating an environment where smaller companies can compete and help drive the markets. He is cutting off their supply of cheap labor that artificially suppress wages. This is his first year and he has had a lot on his plate. He is only just beginning. He has 7 more years and will keep the house and senate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

There is nothing wrong with corporations. There is a lot wrong when you basically regulate their competition out of business. Trump is creating an environment where smaller companies can compete and help drive the markets. He is cutting off their supply of cheap labor that artificially suppress wages. This is his first year and he has had a lot on his plate. He is only just beginning. He has 7 more years and will keep the house and senate.

Go on

 

 

Wall Street in charge of the Treasury...

 

Big Pharma in charge of the HHS...

 

Oil in charge of the EPA and state department..

 

DOE being ran by a politician with deep ties to Oil instead of an actual freaking Nuclear physicist like it has been the several administrations beforehand...

Biggest Republican donor in charge of education despite no qualifications...

 

At some level I know you have to see it. You fool yourself every day but I know you see it...... say what you want....you see it. It's a shame what y'all are doing nowadays.

 

 

Year ago: Drain the swamp!!!!!! 

 

Today: Look, not all lobbyists are bad and maybe we should hire a few. It's not about what you've done. We can totally trust you now. Also, Corporations are awesome. Despite what Trump ran on for the middle class and screwing Wall Street and taxes on the upper class never being lowered.

 

 

BrockSamson, lostone, AF89 and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Go on

 

 

Wall Street in charge of the Treasury...

 

Big Pharma in charge of the HHS...

 

Oil in charge of the EPA and state department..

 

DOE being ran by a politician with deep ties to Oil instead of an actual freaking Nuclear physicist like it has been the several administrations beforehand...

Biggest Republican donor in charge of education despite no qualifications...

 

At some level I know you have to see it. You fool yourself every day but I know you see it...... say what you want....you see it. It's a shame what y'all are doing nowadays.

 

 

Year ago: Drain the swamp!!!!!! 

 

Today: Look, not all lobbyists are bad and maybe we should hire a few. It's not about what you've done. We can totally trust you now. Also, Corporations are awesome. Despite what Trump ran on for the middle class and screwing Wall Street and taxes on the upper class never being lowered.

 

 

Right we have an administration of doers and achievers instead of paper writers and people related to the heads of media outlets. Under those people we had horrible growth, riots in the streets, cop killings, bogged down in endless wars and 20 trillion worth of debt.

Not all lobbyist are bad certainly many are. Especially those that lobby for regulations that kill their competition. Trump is beating the lobbyist as well.

What leaps out at me is that your whole ideology is not founded in anything other than hate. It makes me feel the need to point out that you have been radicalized.

Do you work for a company? Do you participate in their 401k?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Go on

 

 

Wall Street in charge of the Treasury...

 

Big Pharma in charge of the HHS...

 

Oil in charge of the EPA and state department..

 

DOE being ran by a politician with deep ties to Oil instead of an actual freaking Nuclear physicist like it has been the several administrations beforehand...

Biggest Republican donor in charge of education despite no qualifications...

 

At some level I know you have to see it. You fool yourself every day but I know you see it...... say what you want....you see it. It's a shame what y'all are doing nowadays.

 

 

Year ago: Drain the swamp!!!!!! 

 

Today: Look, not all lobbyists are bad and maybe we should hire a few. It's not about what you've done. We can totally trust you now. Also, Corporations are awesome. Despite what Trump ran on for the middle class and screwing Wall Street and taxes on the upper class never being lowered.

 

 

They change the definition of swamp to suit whatever narrative their agenda needs. Last year the swamp was the politicans selling us down river to fill their pockets cause they needed that economic anxiety vote.  Except now the swamp is the career bureaucrats stifling innovation with their nanny state redtape cause we need that tax cut.

Suckered and too dumb to know it

big_dog, mdrake34 and Andrews_31 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AF89 said:

They change the definition of swamp to suit whatever narrative their agenda needs. Last year the swamp was the politicans selling us down river to fill their pockets cause they needed that economic anxiety vote.  Except now the swamp is the career bureaucrats stifling innovation with their nanny state redtape cause we need that tax cut.

Suckered and too dumb to know it

4% GDP headed toward 5% and beyond. What's Trump gonna do? Wave his magic wand? No he is going to repeal regulations to bust up the stranglehold lobbyist enjoyed. He is going to down size government by busting up their power monopolies. Renegotiate trade deals. Cut taxes, control the borders spend on the military.

The Swamp is many things. There are some in the media that are also the swamp. Guess what Trump is beating all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sobeit said:

4% GDP headed toward 5% and beyond. What's Trump gonna do? Wave his magic wand? No he is going to repeal regulations to bust up the stranglehold lobbyist enjoyed. He is going to down size government by busting up their power monopolies. Renegotiate trade deals. Cut taxes, control the borders spend on the military.

The Swamp is many things. There are some in the media that are also the swamp. Guess what Trump is beating all of them.

Oh please :rolleyes:

Trump and his gang are gonna line thier own **** pockets quick and as fast as they politically can before the next guy grabs it, little different from any other power group before them except to their credit I guess their more bold about it.

GTFO of here with that tired Trump the altruist bullshyt. Trump doesn't give a sorry greasy KFC shyt about you or me, busting up monopolies, reducing the influence of the DC lobbyist or the rights of the consumer....oh....my...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea that Trump is the selfless champion of the working man and free enterprise who just cant help how much he loves America will never not cease to be ab-so-lutely ****ing hilarious

Dude spent the last 30+ years grabbing whatever he could (and I'm not even making a pu$$y joke) was famous for it in fact, had books and even an entire show on the subject and we got people  thinking this is the guy is looking out for them, the little guy. El oh el. :lol::lol::lol:

I swear some of you people must think he crawled out of a hole or something last year and that we literally don't have have entire novels worth of his own words into his mindset. This is Donald freaking Trump, he is who he always has been, no matter how much his cult of personality wants to idealisticlly reshape him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Snowball said:

I love this contaminated water!

We are going to have contaminated water like the world has never seen.  And Mexico is going to pay for it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

2018 and 2020 looking real good. 

 Poor approval ratings does not mean losing election. Hillary's numbers are worse.    So will any Democrat that runs. 

 Remember, it took an unprecedented Democratic turnout in Alabama for Jones to win. For usual voters, it was better to vote for a pedophile than a Democrat. Approval doesn't mean squat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Want to know how bad things could get for Republicans next year?  This is how bad things could get for Republicans next year.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-democrats-wave-could-turn-into-a-flood/

Nationally, these are alarming numbers but... I still think Gerrymandering is going to keep the numbers down.

I can already here the logic behind voting Republican in those districts, "If those sucky Libs would have helped us with all the stuff the republicans put together, we would be better off! So I am not voting for a Dem!" 

HolyMoses likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jpowers said:

To be real he has shown his true colors on multiple occasions.

 

Obama spoke out on Trayvon Martin's case, which I personally thought was a mistake, and conservatives including WFW everywhere had something to say.

 

 

The current POTUS retweets an actual hate group.......silence. 

 

It's what Republicans and conservatives are willing to overlook for their agenda that bothers me. It's hypocrisy at it's highest level. Higher than I could have ever imagined.

 

 

As long as the agenda is being furthered though....**** morals or ethics or decorum. The ends justifies the means.

And they Admit they KNOW they are wrong by saying stuff like... "It didn't bother you when..." or " Well (feel in the blank) did it too", sounding like they are nine year old children.

By the way, in a court of law that gets you sent to prison, with it being an admission of guilt.

big_dog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.