silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

79,297 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, BernieBernstein said:

Can we agree that not touching, or POSSIBLY touching incredibly lightly through a flack jacket, in a completely joking manner MIGHT be innappropriate but is NOT sexual assault?

Hey can we at least agree that if you ARE groping through a flack jacket you are doing it WRONG?

I wanna know where are all the women who sexually harass men? And if they're reading this, I'm vulnerable right now.

Optimus_Cr1m35 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BernieBernstein said:

Can we agree that not touching, or POSSIBLY touching incredibly lightly through a flack jacket, in a completely joking manner MIGHT be innappropriate but is NOT sexual assault?

Hey can we at least agree that if you ARE groping through a flack jacket you are doing it WRONG?

I can't agree to that.  Even if she didn't feel it because she was asleep and through the flak jacket, he still grabbed in the area of her breasts and posed for a photo of it.  He assaulted and objectified her. 

AF89 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vicious said:

Who signs yearbooks in December? Who signs it D.A. when they are D.D.A.? Who mispells the name of the restaurant by adding an E to Old? Who dates things twice? Who oversaw and threw out her divorce case years later and has cause to retaliate? Who's stepson called her out as full of crap? Who's under two legal malpractice investigations now?

They are full of crap, and it's the exact reason why Allred won't say that it isn't a forgery, and refuses to turn it over. Just another failed political hit job by the swamp. They seem to be getting desperate these days. They must be getting nervous about something....:munch:

 

Roy Moore was circuit judge and he signed this with D.A.

screen-shot-2017-11-16-at-10-53-27-am.pn

 

 

Also the restaurant was called the Olde Hickory House.

DOm7ADDWAAA-uxR.jpg

 

But congrats on defending a pedophile. 

mdrake34 and falconsd56 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I think that you're missing the point.  The people talking about degrees of behavior are not saying it shoudln't be condemned. They're not excusing Franken on this.  They're simply saying the equivalent of "stealing a car is not the same as cold-blooded murder."

In these cases who freaking cares? I'm talking about my own opinion and reaction to it. **** them all if you harass others.

If others want to be bold faced hypocrites about it then let them they will look stupid let them deal with that outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

I can't agree to that.  Even if she didn't feel it because she was asleep and through the flak jacket, he still grabbed in the area of her breasts and posed for a photo of it.  He assaulted and objectified her. 

Yep we are now hairs splitting and trying to draw levels of outrage that should be assigned to certain types of harassment. That is completely BS. It all needs to be condemned.

Let the court system draw out the punishment but as far as I'm concerned they all get my distain for taking advantage of others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I can't agree to that.  Even if she didn't feel it because she was asleep and through the flak jacket, he still grabbed in the area of her breasts and posed for a photo of it.  He assaulted and objectified her. 

Are you sure he is even touching the flack jacket?  Because it looks to me like he isn't.  It looks to me like he is being careful NOT to actually grab her, but make it look like that is the intent.  Look at the shadows around the fingers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

Bee tee dubs, the house just passed the tax reform bill. :munch:

That isn't surprising. The hurdle is the Senate, though I also expect it to pass there as well. If there is anything that the Republicans can rally around it is class warfare against the lower and middle classes to benefit the wealthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BernieBernstein said:

Are you sure he is even touching the flack jacket?  Because it looks to me like he isn't.  It looks to me like he is being careful NOT to actually grab her, but make it look like that is the intent.  Look at the shadows around the fingers. 

I'm going to need to see some red triangles on the photo #vicious'd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we agree forcibly kissing someone and shoving your tongue down their throat under the guise of “rehearsal” is assault?

Because we seem to be limiting the charges against Franken to the picture. I’m not okay with the picture, but I’m a lot more okay with it than the kiss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Roy Moore was circuit judge and he signed this with D.A.

screen-shot-2017-11-16-at-10-53-27-am.pn

 

 

Also the restaurant was called the Olde Hickory House.

DOm7ADDWAAA-uxR.jpg

 

But congrats on defending a pedophile. 

****.....that is humiliating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Roy Moore was circuit judge and he signed this with D.A.

screen-shot-2017-11-16-at-10-53-27-am.pn

 

 

Also the restaurant was called the Olde Hickory House.

 

 

Wasn't his defense that he had a judicial assistant with the initials "D.A.," and when she stamped his signature, she included that so people would know she stamped it?  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JDaveG said:

Can we agree forcibly kissing someone and shoving your tongue down their throat under the guise of “rehearsal” is assault?

Because we seem to be limiting the charges against Franken to the picture. I’m not okay with the picture, but I’m a lot more okay with it than the kiss. 

Agreed....the kids allegation is much worse than the photo.

What ever repercussion that comes out of it is fully deserved

MAD597 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BernieBernstein said:

I asserted that in a previous post.  It is  wrong to joke about sexual assault.  But it is not disqualifying. 

It's wrong to joke about a lot of things, but let's PLEASE not start equivocating JOKING about something unacceptable and DOING something unacceptable.  

Frankly, the apparent abject inability for people to reasonably prioritize misconduct in order of severity is discouraging across the board. 

And at the risk of saying something unpopular, I think that is most recently captured by the lumping of Louis CK into the same sort of behavior as Harvey Weinstein. But obviously we're seeing it here with the ever-flowing river of accusations against pretty much everybody. 

I sincerely hope people are paying attention to whats happening right now. These are the inevitable results of fostering a climate of inequality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Can we agree forcibly kissing someone and shoving your tongue down their throat under the guise of “rehearsal” is assault?

Because we seem to be limiting the charges against Franken to the picture. I’m not okay with the picture, but I’m a lot more okay with it than the kiss. 

Yes. 

The picture is more stupid than "criminal" or whatever other proxy term you'd like to use. 

The creeper "hey, let's rehearse" <JAMMMMM> allegations are much more troubling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Yes. 

The picture is more stupid than "criminal" or whatever other proxy term you'd like to use. 

The creeper "hey, let's rehearse" <JAMMMMM> allegations are much more troubling. 

Let's not forget assault and sexual assault can both have civil penalties as well as criminal penalties. 

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Frankly, the apparent abject inability for people to reasonably prioritize misconduct in order of severity is discouraging across the board. 

And at the risk of saying something unpopular, I think that is most recently captured by the lumping of Louis CK into the same sort of behavior as Harvey Weinstein. But obviously we're seeing it here with the ever-flowing river of accusations against pretty much everybody. 

I sincerely hope people are paying attention to whats happening right now. These are the inevitable results of fostering a climate of inequality. 

I honestly don't understand how people compare these things to one another. Look, I don't agree with what Franken did, but he didn't try to rape a kid.

 

Saying that they are not the same is not saying that they aren't wrong, it's just pointing out that its ok to be more outraged by one than the other.

 

If someone sexualizes a Nun, it's much different than someone sexualizing a playboy playmate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

Let's not forget assault and sexual assault can both have civil penalties as well as criminal penalties. 

I know that....I was merely looking for a word that captured the negative characterization of the action in question. That was where I landed and I didnt feel like doing a deeper dive into the dome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I think that you're missing the point.  The people talking about degrees of behavior are not saying it shoudln't be condemned. They're not excusing Franken on this.  They're simply saying the equivalent of "stealing a car is not the same as cold-blooded murder."

I don't agree, when people are harassed the victims can react and have differing results of pain and anguish per each incidence of harassment.

They get to decide how severe they felt the harassment was and how much it traumatized them. As the person who was not harassed I don't get to make that choice nor will I try and assign some type of severity of judgment based on that.

As a 3rd party to it all I'll just condemn the person accused in equal amounts until proven otherwise or further clarification from the victim.

All harrasers suck and should be condemned in my opinion and "I" will condemn them and I'll let the law figure out the societal punishment they face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BrockSamson said:

Wasn't his defense that he had a judicial assistant with the initials "D.A.," and when she stamped his signature, she included that so people would know she stamped it?  

 

 

I do not keep up with all of the defenses he has taken. Either way Olde Hickory House existed and I think DDA vs DA is a very silly defense. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I honestly don't understand how people compare these things to one another. Look, I don't agree with what Franken did, but he didn't try to rape a kid.

 

Saying that they are not the same is not saying that they aren't wrong, it's just pointing out that its ok to be more outraged by one than the other.

 

If someone sexualizes a Nun, it's much different than someone sexualizing a playboy playmate...

I understand being hesitant to play the "which is worse" game when we're talking about grievous actions. Child molestation vs. murder isnt a discuss I'm all that willing to have because both are so far beyond the pale that it really is distasteful to try to rank them. 

But in the course of more mundane ill acts, we simply have to be able to construct reasonable prioritizations. That doesnt mean consensus and it doesnt mean the "lesser" offense is acceptable. But jeez....lets stop with the strange dichotomy stuff. Especially when we're talking about offenses of a similar character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

I don't agree, when people are harassed the victims can react and have differing results of pain and anguish per each incidence of harassment.

They get to decide how severe they felt the harassment was and how much it traumatized them. As the person who was not harassed I don't get to make that choice nor will I try and assign some type of severity of judgment based on that.

As a 3rd party to it all I'll just condemn the person accused in equal amounts until proven otherwise or further clarification from the victim.

All harrasers suck and should be condemned in my opinion and "I" will condemn them and I'll let the law figure out the societal punishment they face.

OK... Would you feel the same if someone stole your car or someone murdered one of your family members? Would you have the same emotional response to both situations?

 

You'd be upset if someone stole your car. You'd be destroyed if someone harmed a family member. Claiming that they are the same gives way to this sense of false outrage people are pulling nowadays...

 

Door Gunner and Leon Troutsky like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now