silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

32,361 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, marla_mulder said:

Lo, I promise, in an argument about bias in the media... you will not win if you think the MSM accurately and fairly covers Reps and Dems the same. ;) 

I mean it is not like no big policy news stories affecting millions has dropped in the past few days that. 

1 hour ago, marla_mulder said:

Lo, I promise, in an argument about bias in the media... you will not win if you think the MSM accurately and fairly covers Reps and Dems the same. ;) 

:lol: I mean yeah the MSM has its biases, im not denying that but I'm not sure a skewed graphic cherry picking a Friday and Saturday is the best way to illustrate that. These are networks they only do like 10-15 mins TOPS before spending the rest of thier schedule on a puff piece about a squirrel ridding a unicycle or cupcakes made in America.  I'm not even 100% all these programs even actually ran on Saturday.

17 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I mean it is not like no big policy news stories affecting millions has dropped in the past few days that. 

And the non stop coverage of an investigation that wasn't even of Trump? Or the refusal to ask Bernie Sanders about the FBI investigation of him and his wife? Because,  ya know, the media has cared SO much about covering policy for 6 months. Please. 

1 minute ago, atl falcon 89 said:

:lol: I mean yeah the MSM has its biases, im not denying that but I'm not sure a skewed graphic cherry picking a Friday and Saturday is the best way to illustrate that. These are networks they only do like 10-15 mins TOPS before soending the rest of thier schedule on s puff piece about a squirrel ridding a unicycle or cupcakes made in America.  I'm not even 100% all these programs even actually ran on Saturday.

I've been documenting stuff for a while in this thread... this is just one more example. 

2 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

I've been documenting stuff for a while in this thread... this is just one more example. 

Oh your not wrong, that's just a bad example. Fox knew what it was doing there. :D

(Fox channel convietntly does not have network coverage to compare it to. )

Just now, marla_mulder said:

And the non stop coverage of an investigation that wasn't even of Trump? Or the refusal to ask Bernie Sanders about the FBI investigation of him and his wife? Because,  ya know, the media has cared SO much about covering policy for 6 months. Please. 

Senate healthcare bill just dropped. It is the biggest hit to our social safety net ever. It will affect everyone.  That is going to take precedence over a small story like Lynch or Bernie. 

Also WAPO asked about the Bernie FBI investigation

I mean at this time with Obama all fox could come up with was grey poupon.  It would take them awhile to get to fast and furious though.  I would rather the media focus on this horrible policy that the senate and the house call healthcare.  Apparently the democrats did the same thing except it took them like a year vs GOP doing it in a few days.  If there are tax cuts like the MSM claims then I hope poor people don't get screwed.  I also thought the deficit mattered.  

Slightly off topic.  I found out how education money is spent.  It's typically done through programs.  The company that does those programs (can't remember their name) just changes and has tons of mistakes, but keeps getting the contracts.  One of the best ways to help inner city students is to actually pay teachers that want to be there and really want to help. They have to put in more work and time for those kids, they should be compensated more.  Didn't get a chance to ask the teacher about how to help rural.  Her focus was mainly on inner city.

ITT I learned the Steele Dossier is the boogeyman for the Trump Investigation (no basis in reality and just being used to scare Americans into distrusting our Dear Leader)

Part II of the Iceburg

2.2. Dossier

2.2.1. Dossier leak response

• 1/10/2017 - Trump Dossier leaks. He's possibly being blackmailed. Source

• 1/10/2017 - Trump denies the Dossier "FAKE NEWS - A TOTAL POLITICAL WITCH HUNT!" Source

• 1/11/2017 – "Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!" - Source

• 1/11/2017 – "Russia just said the unverified report paid for by political opponents is "A COMPLETE AND TOTAL FABRICATION, UTTER NONSENSE." Very unfair!" Source

• 1/13/2017 – "Totally made up facts by sleazebag political operatives, both Democrats and Republicans - FAKE NEWS! Russia says nothing exists." Source

• 3/6/2017 – Trump asked Clapper to refute the Dossier. Source

2.3. Involvement with Flynn Scandal

• 12/30/2016 - The day after Flynn speaks with Russia Trump tweets "Great move on delay (by V. Putin) - I always knew he was very smart!" Source)

• 2/14/2017 - Story breaks that Trump knew for weeks that Flynn lied and didn’t say anything. Source

• 2/15/2017 - Trump tweets "This Russian connection non-sense is merely an attempt to cover-up the many mistakes made in Hillary Clinton's losing campaign." Source

• 2/16/2017 - Trump says he didn’t direct Flynn to talk sanctions with Russia,but would have. Source

• 2/16/2017 – Fox news Correspondent John Roberts confirms Trump was fully briefed on the conversation Flynn had with Russian ambassadors. Source

• 4/25/2017 - WH denies request for Flynn documents from House Oversight Committee. Source

• 4/27/2017 - White House spokesman Sean Spicer said that the Pentagon watchdog's investigation into foreign payments made to Gen. Flynn is "appropriate," and blamed the Obama administration for approving his security clearance. Source

• 4/28/2017 -Trump team did background check on Flynn, knew of Turkey ties. Source

• 5/5/2017 - Former national security adviser Michael Flynn was warned by senior members of President Trump’s transition team about the risks of his contacts with the Russian ambassador weeks before the December call that led to Flynn’s forced resignation, current and former U.S. officials said. Source

• 5/5/2017 - In late November, a member of Donald Trump’s transition team approached national security officials in the Obama White House with a curious request: Could the incoming team get a copy of the classified CIA profile on Sergey Kislyak, Russia’s ambassador to the United States. Source

• 5/8/2017 - Former President Obama warned President Donald Trump against hiring Mike Flynn as his national security adviser, three former Obama administration officials tell NBC News. Source

• 5/8/2017 - Spicer confirms Obama warned Trump about Flynn. Source
  • 5/8/2017 - The Defense Intelligence Agency didn't know former director Mike Flynn had been paid nearly $34,000 by a Russian state media outlet when it renewed his security clearance in April 2016. Source

• 5/8/2017 - Trump tweets "General Flynn was given the highest security clearance by the Obama Administration - but the Fake News seldom likes talking about that." Source

• 5/10/2017 - White House lawyers have had to warn President Donald Trump repeatedly against reaching out to his fired National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, two people familiar with the matter tell The Daily Beast. Source

• 5/11/2017 - Trump defends Flynn in an interview with Lester Holt. Source

• 5/11/2017 - Amid questions of why it took 18 days to fire Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump said he didn't feel a sense of urgency in firing his national security adviser based on conversations with top administration lawyers. Source

• 5/16/2017 - President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting. “I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. Source

• 5/17/2017 -Michael T. Flynn told President Trump’s transition team weeks before the inauguration that he was under federal investigation for secretly working as a paid lobbyist for Turkey during the campaign. Source

• 5/19/2017 -The president has grown obsessed with defending the tough-talking 58-year-old general, repeatedly telling aides and associates in private that Flynn was a 'good man.' Source

2.4. Response to Intelligence Community

• 1/8/2017 - "Before I, or anyone, saw the classified and/or highly confidential hacking intelligence report, it was leaked out to @NBCNews. So serious!" Source

• 1/11/2017 - "Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me. Are we living in Nazi Germany?" Source

• 1/13/2017 - "released by "Intelligence" even knowing there is no proof, and never will be. My people will have a full report on hacking within 90 days!" Source

• 2/14/2017 - Following the Flynn Scandal: "The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?" Source

• 2/15/2017 - "information is being illegally given to the failing @nytimes & @washingtonpost by the intelligence community (NSA and FBI?).Just like Russia" Source

• 2/24/2017 - "The FBI is totally unable to stop the national security 'leakers' that have permeated our government for a long time. They can't even find the leakers within the FBI itself. Classified information is being given to media that could have a devastating effect on U.S. FIND NOW," Source

• 5/2/2017 - "FBI Director Comey was the best thing that ever happened to Hillary Clinton in that he gave her a free pass for many bad deeds! The phony... " Source

• 5/2/2017 - "...Trump/Russia story was an excuse used by the Democrats as justification for losing the election. Perhaps Trump just ran a great campaign?" Source
  • 6/9/2017 - "Despite so many false statements and lies, total and complete vindication...and WOW, Comey is a leaker!" Source

• 6/11/2017 - "I believe the James Comey leaks will be far more prevalent than anyone ever thought possible. Totally illegal? Very 'cowardly!'" Source

• 6/13/2017 - "A.G. Lynch made law enforcement decisions for political purposes...gave Hillary Clinton a free pass and protection. Totally illegal!" Source

2.5 Response to the Press

Some of the tweets or statements listed here are listed elsewhere but it seemed important to note the trend in his response to list them all together.

• 1/10/2017 - Trump denies the Dossier "FAKE NEWS - A TOTAL POLITICAL WITCH HUNT!" Source

• 2/15/2017 – Trump tweets "This Russian connection non-sense is merely an attempt to cover-up the many mistakes made in Hillary Clinton's losing campaign." Source

• 2/16/2017 – "FAKE NEWS media, which makes up stories and "sources," is far more effective than the discredited Democrats - but they are fading fast!" Source

• 2/16/2017 - The Democrats had to come up with a story as to why they lost the election, and so badly (306), so they made up a story - RUSSIA. Fake news!" -Source

• 2/17/2017 - "The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!" Source

• 2/24/2017 -Trump at CPAC attacks the use of anonymous sources and the media (Following story of Priebus pressuring FBI to deny Russia story. Source

• 2/24/2017 - News orgs blocked from attending White House Gaggle, seeming those banned were those who had broken stories on the Trump-Russia connection. Buzzfeed, NYT, Politco, CNN, WaPo. Source

• 3/29/2017 - "Remember when the failing @nytimes apologized to its subscribers, right after the election, because their coverage was so wrong. Now worse!" Source

• 3/29/2017 - "If the people of our great country could only see how viciously and inaccurately my administration is covered by certain media!" Source

• 4/1/2017 - "Wow, @FoxNews just reporting big news. Source: "Official behind unmasking is high up. Known Intel official is responsible. Some unmasked...." Source

• 4/1/2017 - "..not associated with Russia. Trump team spied on before he was nominated." If this is true, does not get much bigger. Would be sad for U.S." Source

• 4/2/2017 - "The real story turns out to be SURVEILLANCE and LEAKING! Find the leakers." Source

• 4/23/2017 - "New polls out today are very good considering that much of the media is FAKE and almost always negative. Would still beat Hillary in ..." Source

• 4/23/2017 - "...popular vote. ABC News/Washington Post Poll (wrong big on election) said almost all stand by their vote on me & 53% said strong leader." Source
  • 4/29/2017 - "Mainstream (FAKE) media refuses to state our long list of achievements, including 28 legislative signings, strong borders & great optimism!" Source

• 5/4/2017 - "The Fake News media is officially out of control. They will do or say anything in order to get attention - never been a time like this!" Source

• 5/6/2017 - Trump retweets fox interview ".@POTUS: "I'm not against the media. I'm against the FAKE media." Source

• 5/7/2017 - "When will the Fake Media ask about the Dems dealings with Russia & why the DNC wouldn't allow the FBI to check their server or investigate?" Source

• 5/8/2017 - "Ask Sally Yates, under oath, if she knows how classified information got into the newspapers soon after she explained it to W.H. Counsel." Source

• 5/8/2017 - ""Sally Yates made the fake media extremely unhappy today --- she said nothing but old news!" Source

• 5/8/2017 - "Biggest story today between Clapper & Yates is on surveillance. Why doesn't the media report on this? #FakeNews!" Source

• 5/10/2017 - "The Roger Stone report on @CNN is false - Fake News. Have not spoken to Roger in a long time - had nothing to do with my decision." Source

• 5/12/2017 - "Again, the story that there was collusion between the Russians & Trump campaign was fabricated by Dems as an excuse for losing the election." Source

• 5/12/2017 - "The Fake Media is working overtime today!" Source

• 5/28/2017 - "It is my opinion that many of the leaks coming out of the White House are fabricated lies made up by the #FakeNews media." Source

• 5/28/2017 - "Whenever you see the words 'sources say' in the fake news media, and they don't mention names...." Source

• 5/28/2017 - "....it is very possible that those sources don't exist but are made up by fake news writers. #FakeNews is the enemy!" Source

• 5/28/2017 - "The Fake News Media works hard at disparaging & demeaning my use of social media because they don't want America to hear the real story!" Source

• 6/6/2017 - "The FAKE MSM is working so hard trying to get me not to use Social Media. They hate that I can get the honest and unfiltered message out." Source

• 6/6/2017 - "Sorry folks, but if I would have relied on the Fake News of CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, washpost or nytimes, I would have had ZERO chance winning WH" Source

• 6/11/2017 - "The #FakeNews MSM doesn't report the great economic news since Election Day. #DOW up 16%. #NASDAQ up 19.5%. Drilling & energy sector..." Source

• /6/11/2017 -"...way up. Regulations way down. 600,000+ new jobs added. Unemployment down to 4.3%. Business and economic enthusiasm way up- record levels!" Source
  • 6/13/2017 - "The Fake News Media has never been so wrong or so dirty. Purposely incorrect stories and phony sources to meet their agenda of hate. Sad!" Source

• 6/13/2017 - "Fake News is at an all time high. Where is their apology to me for all of the incorrect stories???" Source

• 6/16/2017 - "The Fake News Media hates when I use what has turned out to be my very powerful Social Media - over 100 million people! I can go around them" Source

2.6. Trump-Obama wire-tapping accusations

• 3/4/2017 - Trump accuses Obama of wiretapping Trump tower in a series of tweets. 1. Source 2. Source 3. Source 4. Source

• 3/4/2017 – An Obama spokesperson has stated this is "simply false" Source

• 3/4/2017 - "Donald F. McGahn II, the president’s chief counsel, was working to secure access to what Mr. McGahn believed to be an order issued by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court authorizing some form of surveillance related to Mr. Trump and his associates." Source

• 3/4/2017 – Multiple GOP Reps/Sens call on Trump to share info to support his claims. Source

• 3/5/2017 - Sean Spicer tweets out that Trump is requesting Senate Intel Committee as part of their Russia investigation to look into possible abuse of power by executive branch in 2016. No additional comments will be given. Source

• 3/5/2017 - Clapper denies a wiretap of Trump tower. Source

• 3/6/2017 - "White House spokeswoman: Trump doesn't believe Comey that Obama didn't wiretap. Source

• 3/6/2017 - Comey asks Justice Dept to reject Trump’s wiretapping claim. Source

• 3/7/2017 - Comey was frustrated that his request for DOJ to knock down the story went unanswered over the weekend, according to the source familiar with the matter, and the FBI director is still trying to figure an appropriate channel for the FBI and DOJ to formally come out and say the allegations are not true. Source

• 3/13/2017 - Trump administration wants more time to give Intel committee wiretapping proof. Source

• 3/14/2017 - Spicer: Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping Source

• 3/16/2017 - Ryan, Senate Intel committee see no evidence of Trump wiretap. Source

• 3/16/2017 - Spicer says Trump ‘stands by’ unproven allegation that Obama ordered wiretapping of Trump Tower. Source

• 3/16/2017 - British Spy Service Says Claim That It Wiretapped President Trump Is 'Utterly Ridiculous'. Source

• 3/17/2017 - Trump Offers No Apology for Claim on British Spying. Source

• 3/18/2017 - Justice Dept. delivers documents on wiretap claim to Congress. Source

• 3/19/2017 - Zero evidence for Donald Trump's wiretap claim in Justice Department review, house intelligence chairman says. Source

• 3/19/2017 - FBI director expected to undercut Trump claims of wiretapping. Source

• 3/20/2017 – Comey and Rogers deny any wiretap during hearing with Intel Committee. Source

• 4/4/2017 - Obama aide Susan Rice denies using intel to spy on Trump advisers. Source

• 4/19/2017 -The intelligence community was allegedly directed to provide cover for President Donald Trump’s baseless claim that Trump Tower was wiretapped by his predecessor. Source

• 5/4/2017 - "Susan Rice, the former National Security Advisor to President Obama, is refusing to testify before a Senate Subcommittee next week on..... " Source

• 5/4/2017 - "...allegations of unmasking Trump transition officials. Not good!" Source
  • The reason I have included this is because it might very well pertain to completely LEGAL FISA warrants the FBI had gotten in the investigation related to Trump and his associates over Russia. They attempted to obtain a FISA on 3 separate occasions, and were successful on the third attempt on Oct 15 2016, when a FISA was granted on Source

Edited by MACK2THEFUTURE

2 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The FBI reportedly did use parts of the Steele dossier as the basis of their FISA requests.  BUT, they also relied on other intel, and most likely that included independently corroborating certain parts of the dossier regarding meetings between Trump officials and Russian officials.  So they didn't rush into the FISA court and say, "hey y'all, we got pee tapes, let's listen!  Dis gone be gud!"

And reports are that the first FISA warrant was denied, which proves that there is a standard of evidence required for getting those.  The FBI came back with more evidence and a limited scope to their warrant request and was granted that.  

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38589427

Last April, the CIA director was shown intelligence that worried him. It was - allegedly - a tape recording of a conversation about money from the Kremlin going into the US presidential campaign.

It was passed to the US by an intelligence agency of one of the Baltic States. The CIA cannot act domestically against American citizens so a joint counter-intelligence taskforce was created.

The taskforce included six agencies or departments of government. Dealing with the domestic, US, side of the inquiry, were the FBI, the Department of the Treasury, and the Department of Justice. For the foreign and intelligence aspects of the investigation, there were another three agencies: the CIA, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the National Security Agency, responsible for electronic spying.

Lawyers from the National Security Division in the Department of Justice then drew up an application. They took it to the secret US court that deals with intelligence, the Fisa court, named after the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. They wanted permission to intercept the electronic records from two Russian banks.

Their first application, in June, was rejected outright by the judge. They returned with a more narrowly drawn order in July and were rejected again. Finally, before a new judge, the order was granted, on 15 October, three weeks before election day.

Neither Mr Trump nor his associates are named in the Fisa order, which would only cover foreign citizens or foreign entities - in this case the Russian banks. But ultimately, the investigation is looking for transfers of money from Russia to the United States, each one, if proved, a felony offence.

A lawyer- outside the Department of Justice but familiar with the case - told me that three of Mr Trump's associates were the subject of the inquiry. "But it's clear this is about Trump," he said.

I spoke to all three of those identified by this source. All of them emphatically denied any wrongdoing. "Hogwash," said one. "********," said another. Of the two Russian banks, one denied any wrongdoing, while the other did not respond to a request for comment.

Edited by MACK2THEFUTURE