Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This team has a glaring hole at DT. It's as big of a need now, as center was last year. Anyone agree? I realize FS is the second most important need, but I'd love to see Ishmael at SS and Neal at FS, just because Neal has the speed to. We could win a superbowl this year. Crazier things have happened. We have a puncher's chance, because of our offense, that makes it possible for us to beat anyone as long as we don't beat ourselves. Babs may retire, and he is the last DT we drafted worth a **** in any round, or any year. We struck gold with Beez Lee. he da sun of abrahhambs, Isaac, bruce wuz fast too, like peter grabriel is fo us. We kneed a Patchrik Kurnels to rush da udder quota back wit BeezLEE dough/ You no? 

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brantley from FLorida may be thier pick in the 1st round (if he is available by their pick).

Bad move allowing Solai to leave.

Everyhting was situational on the D-Line. So, he made Jarrett and other perform better (with little help from Hageman, but to his credit, he should be the NT, and Jarrett the DE). Soliai and Jackson created mroe pressure there Preseason 2015 than the entire D-Line now...Soliai stopped the run, and allowed Jarrett and others to remai fresh for 3rd downs and late game situations. They are tired now.

They cannot over-spend there either...Difficult situation.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The trolling at the end... epic. I agree with the post tho. Get a 1st round talent at DT then any 2nd round fs is a likely upgrade. Play neal as the deep safety and let ishmael play the short zones until next year. If we keep allen let him move back to corner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rise said:

Brantley from FLorida may be thier pick in the 1st round (if he is available by their pick).

Bad move allowing Solai to leave.

Everyhting was situational on the D-Line. So, he made Jarrett and other perform better (with little help from Hageman, but to his credit, he should be the NT, and Jarrett the DE). Soliai and Jackson created mroe pressure there Preseason 2015 than the entire D-Line now...Soliai stopped the run, and allowed Jarrett and others to remai fresh for 3rd downs and late game situations. They are tired now.

They cannot over-spend there either...Difficult situation.

 

What is soliai doing this year? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree we definitely need a DT but I don't think that be our first pick, probably a DE unless there's a DT sitting there that you just can't pass on. There's one DT that I would love to see us get as of right now, I just need more film on him. We definitely need to acquire at least five DTs this off season. Yea that seems like a lot but I'm sure most will be acquired through college free agency. I said this earlier this year on another post, this off season our most glaring needs are DE (both starting and rotational), DT (both starting and rotational), FS, OG, and LB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Soliai is a bum Tyson is a joke Hageman does he still play for the team. Babineaux is done, and Grady has disappeared. I have not seen much from the D-Line as a whole for the past few weeks. They are getting pushed all over the field. If the Falcons don't overhaul the D-line this off season then this same collapse will happen again. Watch this Sunday. The Rams QB I don't even know his name. Will look like Dan Marino, Gurley will have his breakout game of the year. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, high impact said:

Soliai is a bum Tyson is a joke Hageman does he still play for the team. Babineaux is done, and Grady has disappeared. I have not seen much from the D-Line as a whole for the past few weeks. They are getting pushed all over the field. If the Falcons don't overhaul the D-line this off season then this same collapse will happen again. Watch this Sunday. The Rams QB I don't even know his name. Will look like Dan Marino, Gurley will have his breakout game of the year. 

 

Can't argue that...we absolutely do not have a viable DT...definitely in need of an overhaul. ..I still think we win Sunday. ..but there will be some career highs...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep been my thoughts all along. We need two big giant 330LB + fat guys in the middle to take up blockers to allow our other players easier access to the QB or to stop the run. Letting Paul S go was stupid. EVERY time we get a big giant guy at NT he does well here, the last two Grady Jackson and Paul S helped our defense a lot but we end up casting them aside. I do not care what scheme you run EVERY defensive scheme in the world can use a giant guy in the middle that requires two blockers to contain.

We always do this stupid finesse crap on DL and it never works out and we end up getting pushed around. We just need two big guys on the DL where we can rotate during the game to keep them fresh or stack them up when we really need to break through on the middle of the OL.

This offseason should be dedicated in fixing the DL.

 

Edited by MAD597
Link to post
Share on other sites

The lines (both of them) have always been the issue with this team (Dimitroff's Achilles' heel since he's been GM). There's a reason why we haven't had a pass rush for years and that our running game and passing games suffer from taking chances on FAs.

I will say that we are building both lines slowly (Vic is budding on the D, but Chester needs to go on the O), but the d-line has to be addressed next draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

This team has a glaring hole at DT. It's as big of a need now, as center was last year. Anyone agree? I realize FS is the second most important need, but I'd love to see Ishmael at SS and Neal at FS, just because Neal has the speed to. We could win a superbowl this year. Crazier things have happened. We have a puncher's chance, because of our offense, that makes it possible for us to beat anyone as long as we don't beat ourselves. Babs may retire, and he is the last DT we drafted worth a **** in any round, or any year. We struck gold with Beez Lee. he da sun of abrahhambs, Isaac, bruce wuz fast too, like peter grabriel is fo us. We kneed a Patchrik Kurnels to rush da udder quota back wit BeezLEE dough/ You no? 

Neal aint playing FS. And if DQ wanted Ish to start at SS he wouldn't have drafted Neal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's take a look at the DTs we currently have on the roster:

Grady Jarrett (keeper)

Babs (Probably at the end of his career)

Rasheed Hageman

Those are the guys listed at DT on the Falcons website.

So we have a bunch of guys listed at DEs and OLBs playing DT and we wonder why there's a problem.

However to be fair some of the problem could be a coaching thing thinking they can just plug these guys in there.  And massive substitutions and wasting time outs isn't a big deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

This team has a glaring hole at DT. It's as big of a need now, as center was last year. Anyone agree? I realize FS is the second most important need, but I'd love to see Ishmael at SS and Neal at FS, just because Neal has the speed to. We could win a superbowl this year. Crazier things have happened. We have a puncher's chance, because of our offense, that makes it possible for us to beat anyone as long as we don't beat ourselves. Babs may retire, and he is the last DT we drafted worth a **** in any round, or any year. We struck gold with Beez Lee. he da sun of abrahhambs, Isaac, bruce wuz fast too, like peter grabriel is fo us. We kneed a Patchrik Kurnels to rush da udder quota back wit BeezLEE dough/ You no? 

Did you have a stroke in the middle of typing this? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rise said:

Brantley from FLorida may be thier pick in the 1st round (if he is available by their pick).

Bad move allowing Solai to leave.

Everyhting was situational on the D-Line. So, he made Jarrett and other perform better (with little help from Hageman, but to his credit, he should be the NT, and Jarrett the DE). Soliai and Jackson created mroe pressure there Preseason 2015 than the entire D-Line now...Soliai stopped the run, and allowed Jarrett and others to remai fresh for 3rd downs and late game situations. They are tired now.

They cannot over-spend there either...Difficult situation.

 

Your posts are pure speculation without knowing what the coaching staffs plan is.

They have put Jarrett at the NT pretty much because that's where he played at college.They still have a truckload of cap and draft picks to remodel the front line this off season.

You got zero clue when talking about Hageman at 6 6' playing the nose and Jarrett playing DE.In the middle it's a leverage battle so why would you put someone who plays with a high pad level on the nose lol cmon man is this school holidays and your bored or something.

Situational hhhhhmmmmmm so having your best lineman on the field for a lot of snaps is a bad idea oooooookkkkaaaayyyy then.

Wake me up.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Let's take a look at the DTs we currently have on the roster:

Grady Jarrett (keeper)

Babs (Probably at the end of his career)

Rasheed Hageman

Those are the guys listed at DT on the Falcons website.

So we have a bunch of guys listed at DEs and OLBs playing DT and we wonder why there's a problem.

However to be fair some of the problem could be a coaching thing thinking they can just plug these guys in there.  And massive substitutions and wasting time outs isn't a big deal.

Yep

Keep Garrett and that's it, Sign one experienced fat *** 330LB NT, sign one good mid tier athletic DT FA and draft one big fat *** 330 LB NT to learn from the other fat ***. We need two big monster NT's to rotate during the game and stack up on certain plays

We need to stop playing around with finesse BS and build our DL based on weight and strength

Edited by MAD597
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Yep

Keep Garrett and that's it, Sign one experienced fat *** 330LB NT, sign one good mid tier athletic DT FA and draft one big fat *** 330 LB NT to learn from the other fat ***. We need two big monster NT's to rotate during the game and stack up on certain plays

We need to stop playing around with finesse BS and build our DL based on weight and strength

Tell you what I'd go for one big guy and draft another 295-300 lb penetrator.To me its all about pressure we need to get more disruption and if you can find me a Jarrett clone size be ****ed get me that guy and I'll show you getting the QB off the spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Tell you what I'd go for one big guy and draft another 295-300 lb penetrator.To me its all about pressure we need to get more disruption and if you can find me a Jarrett clone size be ****ed get me that guy and I'll show you getting the QB off the spot.

As long as we keep one big fat *** 330LB + NT on the roster at all times going forward I'll be happy. I'd prefer two of them though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MAD597 said:

As long as we keep one big fat *** 330LB + NT on the roster at all times going forward I'll be happy. I'd prefer two of them though.

To be honest man I want to cut the rotation down and keep my best players on the field for as much time as I can get out of them and only rest them when there tired.

I also have an issue with carrying the bigger type of DTs because of the speed of the game.For me if I see big guys upfront in the game the no huddle and tempo of the game goes up so that uses there size and fitness against them.

While having that big guy against the run sounds good sometimes it can be an Achilles heel.There only reallly good in short yardage and possibly against power running teams.Against ZBS I think Jarrett sized DTs are fine as you need your DEs to crash down to force the play back inside.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Grady Jackson used to Crush the middle of pocket on passing downs freaking out QB's and allowing Abe to get easy sacks, QB's wold run right into Abe trying to avoid Grady Jackson up the middle. It's not just about run defense with these bigger guys. Having atleast one on the roster to change looks and tire out the OL would do wonders helping our other guys on the DL.

Edited by MAD597
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

Grady Jackson used to Crush the middle of pocket on passing downs freaking out QB's and allowing Abe to get easy sacks, QB's wold run right into Abe trying to avoid Grady Jackson up the middle. It's not just about run defense with these bigger guys. Having atleast one on the roster to change looks and tire out the OL would do wonders helping tour other guys on the DL.

The games changed man teams are more multiple now and having mobile QBs man it just not so black n white anymore.As I mentioned teams with huge defensive fronts don't always win the day and can be schemed against.

Too me in today's NFL mobility to go with that size is the key.Not just the old 330 plus lbs stand there and clog you got to be able to move and make plays side to side.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...