If Matthews is Hurt Long-Term, It's Catastrophic for Falcons

Radiohead

13 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

i think we all get your point the sad part about this team is the way they lose, just epic melt downs and the defense is a joke to start every fkin game

Epic meltdowns? 

Tampa we lost because of excessive penalties, not because we got outplayed. 

Seattle and San Diego both essentially beat us because of terrible no-calls

We lost to Philly because they're a pretty good team who is almost indestructible at home and this bunch was wore out from the late bye and going back and forth across the continent. 

KC beat us on 2 fluke plays. 

Some of you guys jump the freakin shark when the falcons lose football games. 

Falcons LT Jake Matthews has been diagnosed with a sprained left knee, but the team is "hopeful" he can practice on Thursday.

Dec 5 - 2:45 PM

also

Julio Jones is dealing with a case of turf toe, but is expected to be fine.

Dec 5 - 2:40 PM

6 hours ago, sdogg said:

Chargers and Bucs(before they started playing good) at home, for sure should have been wins.  KC at home even, but Ryan and DQ had to have epic failures. Too many loses to avg at best teams, at home. Can't do that. 

So you're so stupid to think that 2 playoff contenders are "average" teams?

14 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

id rather him and julio sit for as long has it takes to heal up and honestly i think julio wont be the same the rest of the way

Yep I think both should sit. Julio will be fine though. If he needs to sit these next 2 games to be 100%, then he should. The back half of the remaining schedule is much harder and we could use a healthy Julio

16 hours ago, Diggable Birds said:

We will be okay -after he left the game I was focused in on Compton - he did a good job. Id be more worried if it was Mack

Yeah I focused on him too, and noticed the same. He's a really physical run block guy too. He's no Jake at LT, but makes you wonder if cheaters replacement isn't on roster and named Compton. I could see him easily sliding inside and being great at pass pro as a G

17 hours ago, Diggable Birds said:

We will be okay -after he left the game I was focused in on Compton - he did a good job. Id be more worried if it was Mack

Compton was HORRIBLE..  Stats don't paint the whole picture.  He was so bad after his 3rd or 4th time getting beat they had to shift the O line and make adjustments to help him out which caused open holes else where on the line.