Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheTrue7

December Hawks thread

167 posts in this topic

Well let's see offensively guys are not making shot's which has nothing to do with Howard. Defensively alot of guys are being beat and are out of position. Coach Bud wanted Howard so I trust that he knew he could be coached up to fit what this team does. I'm not ready to put blame on Howard.

TheTrue7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Well let's see offensively guys are not making shot's which has nothing to do with Howard. Defensively alot of guys are being beat and are out of position. Coach Bud wanted Horford so I trust that he knew he could be coached up to fit what this team does. I'm not ready to put blame on Howard.

Agreed.. seems to be a saying that follows him around.. not warranted but nonetheless repeated.. gonna hold out hope that they learn each other's tendencies as the season progresses.. all one can do right?

blkbigdog35 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Defensively alot of guys are being beat and are out of position.

What y'all are not getting is the fix to this isn't easy.

Which of the following is easier here?

Plan A: Ditch every wing except for the young players and acquire two young veteran wings that have high IQ, are great shooters, and lockdown defenders.

Plan B: Have a center that has high IQ, is very mobile, and is a good shooter.

It sucks but after 14/15, the Hawks are right back where they were for the seasons before then, trapped. A medium build HAS to have more risks then just one, signing a high risk player that MAY have rewards if he can return to the impact he had at his original starting ground.

The thing is, while Howard is putting up GOOD numbers for sure, he has not returned to being Orlando like impactful, it just doesn't look likely he ever does at this point. But because he puts up eye popping rebounding numbers and has a few showtime plays in games, people just don't look at him as the ultimate issue.

I guess it'd take the whole team being swapped out outside of Dwight Howard (it doesn't mean no good players) for some other players for people to really "get it". Every team that Howard has left, they've been GLAD he left.

There is a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Agreed.. seems to be a saying that follows him around.. not warranted but nonetheless repeated.. gonna hold out hope that they learn each other's tendencies as the season progresses.. all one can do right?

Yep, but some are just going to keep blaming Dwight, smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I guess Carmelo was fighting back for NYPD.  

 

At least someone got it... 

another win tonight.. for once a team didn't shoot lights out from deep.. mozzle mozzle good things

and Howard with another 15 boards.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

At least someone got it... 

another win tonight.. for once a team didn't shoot lights out from deep.. mozzle mozzle good things

and Howard with another 15 boards.. 

I live in Long Island, NY.  About 30 minutes from the city.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Family was originally from Yonkers.. 

1 hour ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I live in Long Island, NY.  About 30 minutes from the city.  

Visited for the first time in decades.. love it.. ever been to Ansel's bakery? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0