Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheTrue7

December Hawks thread

165 posts in this topic

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Or in the twilight zone.. this is ridiculous 

My kids are watching a version of the Hawks right now.  How the Grinch Stole Christmas

5 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

My kids are watching a version of the Hawks right now.  How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Lol.. 

3 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Humphries has 7 points with baze. Man these boys are broken right now. This is on Coach Bud.

Yea.. kinda thought he'd have taken Korver out the starting lineup by now.. 

4 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

started 9-2.  We are about to be 10-10.  1-8 since that start.  

And rapidly moving down the standings.. really hate when Barkley is proven right.. <_<

Man how can you just get manhandled like this on your home court. Somebody in that locker-room needs to be a leader and get this sh1t turned around.

Almost makes me wonder if we're tanking already. We need more talent. Baze is not the answer at SF. Not even sure he should be starting period. Korver needs to ride the bench. Maybe trade him before the deadline. Taurean just needs to start and let him learn on the fly. We look horrible without Millsap. Something has gotta give.

Edited by JerseyNo12

4 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Almost makes me wonder if we're tanking already. We need more talent. Baze is not the answer at SF. Not even sure he should be starting period. Korver needs to ride the bench. Maybe trade him before the deadline. Taurean just needs to start and let him learn on the fly. We look horrible without Millsap. Something has gotta give.

I hate it when Bud just keeps forcing the same lineup hoping for change.  Korver is just done.  

Its time Bud. Tonight should be your time to rethink this.

Playing a 4 out 1 in offense with an attempt at spacing the floor is not going to work when you only have one guy that can shoot 3 pointers at a 40+% clip consistently is going to fail.

Not to mention that Kent and Kyle didn't fit together last season either.

So what's the solution? The offense needs to change. Have to change from a philosophy of spacing the floor to old Memphis like philosophies. Slowing the game down and mucking the game up with dribble drives by guards/forwards that can actually dribble and playing in the post (mainly with Millsap).

It doesn't mean that the philosophy of spacing out the floor needs to go away. Do that with the bench lineups. Have one lineup be Memphis like and the other be about spacing the floor. Don't use your ego with it either, the lineup that plays the best gets to play the most minutes.

If he continues to try to space out the floor with mostly 30-35% 3 point shooters, it's going to be constantly punching a square peg into a round hole like I've argued with Georgia spending too much time trying to play with a straight up philosophy on the offensive line.

Edited by VoiceofReason95
slickgadawg likes this

Well it's just not our year. Alabama basketball and Atlanta basketball have been letting me down for years now. I just want one of my basketball teams to win a title...

8 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Well it's just not our year. Alabama basketball and Atlanta basketball have been letting me down for years now. I just want one of my basketball teams to win a title...

I just want to see a title in atlanta or UGA sports.  

tl;dr and TheTrue7 like this

11 hours ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Its time Bud. Tonight should be your time to rethink this.

Playing a 4 out 1 in offense with an attempt at spacing the floor is not going to work when you only have one guy that can shoot 3 pointers at a 40+% clip consistently is going to fail.

Not to mention that Kent and Kyle didn't fit together last season either.

So what's the solution? The offense needs to change. Have to change from a philosophy of spacing the floor to old Memphis like philosophies. Slowing the game down and mucking the game up with dribble drives by guards/forwards that can actually dribble and playing in the post (mainly with Millsap).

It doesn't mean that the philosophy of spacing out the floor needs to go away. Do that with the bench lineups. Have one lineup be Memphis like and the other be about spacing the floor. Don't use your ego with it either, the lineup that plays the best gets to play the most minutes.

If he continues to try to space out the floor with mostly 30-35% 3 point shooters, it's going to be constantly punching a square peg into a round hole like I've argued with Georgia spending too much time trying to play with a straight up philosophy on the offensive line.

AND WE HAVE A WINNER...

Image result for WE HAVE A WINNER GIF

The Hawks did the right thing by shipping Horford. Sure, it hurt their perimeter scoring, but the Hawks needed more than that.  Howard works, but he HAS to have shooters around him like in Orlando.

Problems:

1. They shipped the wrong guard out. Should've kept Teague. Start Delaney.

2. Nobody can shoot the ball.

Solution:

1. Dangle, Baze, Korver, Bembry, Splitter and a pick to get a legit mid range to long range SCORER on this team.

Edited by slickgadawg