Vikings/Detroit

fuego

Stafford is playing some good football.  He looks full grown and totally in command of everything on the field.  He's moving in the pocket well, he's being decisive with the ball.  Totally poised.

A large chunk of that credit has to go to Jim Caldwell who is a really underrated coach.  He's done a great job of steadying that ship and re-designing that offense to get the ball out of Stafford's hand.

4 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Not sure who we want to win here 

They both present their own potential challenges in a potential Atlanta matchup.

Minnesota has that great defense -- although I think they can be had -- but their offense is bad and can't run the ball a lick.

Detroit is good in a spot or two, but they're just okay overall.  But they have the better quarterback by far.

38 minutes ago, Jesus said:

That's straight BS. The ref with the best angle on the tip throws the flag. The ump who had the best view of the PI does not throw a flag. Meanwhile they get to review the play. All PI should be reviewable.

It's why ratings are down. They got a bad spot too. While they have missed some calls for both teams it's obvious they are trying to keep the game close or help the Vikings. 

6 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Neither Vikes or Lions will go anywhere in playoffs with their horrible offenses

Ehhh...i could see Detroit making some noise. Even though they kinda remind me of us during Smith's tenure. Bottom of the NFC playoff picture is wide open though 

45 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Both of these teams are decent. Vikings have a great defense, with a sub-par offense, Lions are just alright on both sides with a great QB.

We're a great offense with a sub-par D. Our record is identical to both these teams for a areason

You mean, because we've faced considerably better teams and have the hardest SoS in the NFC so far (per PFT)? That's the reason I see.

Bradford reminds me a lot of Ryan 2nd half of last year. Staring down his #1, not stepping up in the pocket and making bad decisions. He can throw more than 10 yards down field. What was the graphic the average amount his passes go in the air is 4.6 yards.

The Lions look okay but man any pressure and Stafford over throws his open receivers by like 20 yards. Both teams are awful in the red zone they don't even try to throw in the end zone.

16 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Bradford reminds me a lot of Ryan 2nd half of last year. Staring down his #1, not stepping up in the pocket and making bad decisions. He can throw more than 10 yards down field. What was the graphic the average amount his passes go in the air is 4.6 yards.

The Lions look okay but man any pressure and Stafford over throws his open receivers by like 20 yards. Both teams are awful in the red zone they don't even try to throw in the end zone.

I don't know why people act like not throwing into the endzone is something that's uncommon in the NFL. Gotta have a rocket and a lot of confidence in your arm to fit the ball into windows...and when you miss the windows you have to be able to create time in and out of the pocket so more windows can open up.

1 hour ago, Falcan Moore said:

You mean, because we've faced considerably better teams and have the hardest SoS in the NFC so far (per PFT)? That's the reason I see.

Agreed, I think we're better but my cause was more defending the Lions/Vikes than it was putting us down.

However, out of those 4 games we've lost, I'd argue we were better than all the teams we lost to. Tampa, SD, Philly and Seattle were all games we should've won. 

39 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

I don't know why people act like not throwing into the endzone is something that's uncommon in the NFL. Gotta have a rocket and a lot of confidence in your arm to fit the ball into windows...and when you miss the windows you have to be able to create time in and out of the pocket so more windows can open up.

Did you not watch Bradford? Dude throws 4 yard outs on every play. If the end zone was on the sideline then ya he makes the throw.