how i would game plan for Cards

they are gonna run the ball and they are gonna blitz.

On defense, stack the box and focus on stopping the run, make Palmer have to take 2 and 3 step drops and when he completes those short passes make the receivers pay. Were supposed to be the new legion of boom right?

on offense control the LOS, run heavy, 15 carries a piece for Coleman/Freeman. Set up some PA and design some plays to every receiver not named Julio Jones. Line Jones up in the slot sometimes and make LBers and NBs have to cover him.

Big game for us, will pretty much tell us of we are pretenders or contenders. I live in DFW and the Cowboys were scared of us....until last week.

Good game plan. Have to play up on D to jam up the run and stop some of those little touch passes just past the LOS. Do that effectively and this D can hold the Cards to 20 points or less. If we have problems stopping them around the LOS, we're probably going to end up in a shoot-out. Hopefully we have the horses to win that type of game and we've done it before this season, but it's not a formula that will carry us very far against teams that reach the play-offs imo.

I said the same thing about this game being a prime indicator of which way this team is headed and I have no idea whether we win this or lose it right now. I think it's pretty much a coin toss.

44 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Good game plan. Have to play up on D to jam up the run and stop some of those little touch passes just past the LOS. Do that effectively and this D can hold the Cards to 20 points or less. If we have problems stopping them around the LOS, we're probably going to end up in a shoot-out. Hopefully we have the horses to win that type of game and we've done it before this season, but it's not a formula that will carry us very far against teams that reach the play-offs imo.

I said the same thing about this game being a prime indicator of which way this team is headed and I have no idea whether we win this or lose it right now. I think it's pretty much a coin toss.

I def think its a coin flip, I would have mentioned playing up on the receivers as well I just didn't because we NEVER do it.

3 hours ago, Miller2Rison said:

they are gonna run the ball and they are gonna blitz.

On defense, stack the box and focus on stopping the run, make Palmer have to take 2 and 3 step drops and when he completes those short passes make the receivers pay. Were supposed to be the new legion of boom right?

on offense control the LOS, run heavy, 15 carries a piece for Coleman/Freeman. Set up some PA and design some plays to every receiver not named Julio Jones. Line Jones up in the slot sometimes and make LBers and NBs have to cover him.

Big game for us, will pretty much tell us of we are pretenders or contenders. I live in DFW and the Cowboys were scared of us....until last week.

:flush:   been hearing that since the denver game.

2 minutes ago, birdz4i said:

:flush:   been hearing that since the denver game.

really? just since then? that's been said about EVERY game this year, 

"this one will prove who we are" or "the next three games will prove who we are" or "this one is a MUST win"

every game so far this year, someone somewhere has said one, or more than one of those statements

This one is all about the pass rush, just like last week. If you over commit to stopping the run then Palmer can (struggled this year) eat you up in the passing game. Play to soft and DJ will eat us up like the Eagles did. The pass rush has to get home to affect Palmer. As bad as the Cards have been playing, they are a very well balanced team and could give us fits. 

If our pass rush moves hits Palmer a few times and keeps the pocket moving all day Palmer will likely have a bad game. I'd hope to see a Blitz from Poole/Collins early in the game to set the tone. 

Get Freeman and Coleman's established early spread the ball around.

If we pass get it out quick to start to offset there Blitz.

Defensively the gap discipline is key we have to key on David Johnson he's the key to there offense.Basically execute,I'm keen to see how our guys come out.They should be well rested and ready to go.

Take away the deep ball and keep everything short.  

The one thing the cards have that can kill us, is also the same thing they are trying to not over use. David Johnson.  They really only have 2 backs DJ and Ellington so they really try to limit him. Local media here in AZ have questioned Arians for taking him on several plays through out the last 2 games and goal line situations. 

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Get Freeman and Coleman's established early spread the ball around.

If we pass get it out quick to start to offset there Blitz.

Defensively the gap discipline is key we have to key on David Johnson he's the key to there offense.Basically execute,I'm keen to see how our guys come out.They should be well rested and ready to go.

Don't forget about Fitz. He may be old but he's still got "IT". We have to stop DJ and take Fitz out of the game to make it hard on them. If we can do both and hit Palmer we should be in good shape.

32 minutes ago, ICD said:

Take away the deep ball and keep everything short.  

The one thing the cards have that can kill us, is also the same thing they are trying to not over use. David Johnson.  They really only have 2 backs DJ and Ellington so they really try to limit him. Local media here in AZ have questioned Arians for taking him on several plays through out the last 2 games and goal line situations. 

Nice to see yet another AZ poster on her. I love listening to the Cardinal's talk on the radio during the drive home. I particularly love how after we got beat by Tampa on opening day that we were a given to fall to the Cards (according to them) and now their tone is "no way do we beat Atlanta in Atlanta". I relish it every time they talk about us now. 

34 minutes ago, AndySG said:

Their offense runs through Johnson now. Palmer has regressed and Floyd and Brown look like different players. Fitz is still a good player, but that offensive line is horrible. 

Carson is the common denominator here as to why the WRs are not producing. Carson has been struggling with mid to deep range and their short game is almost non existent. Locally the rumbles are Arian is too stubborn to change the game plan and adjust when the deep ball isn't hitting

They can go off at any time. Remember, this offense brought back every player from last year. 

2 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

Nice to see yet another AZ poster on her. I love listening to the Cardinal's talk on the radio during the drive home. I particularly love how after we got beat by Tampa on opening day that we were a given to fall to the Cards (according to them) and now their tone is "no way do we beat Atlanta in Atlanta". I relish it every time they talk about us now. 

Noticed that when they did  season projections.  After week 1, every since week 3 they've pretty much chalked up going to Atlanta and losing.