Jump to content

Fake news...a warning.


Leon Troutsky
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest marla_mulder
25 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

This is the kind of editing O'Keefe has done repeatedly.

In his last videos, there were entire conversations recorded...but yall didn't know that BC you didn't watch it. Like I said,  depends on what is released.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

In his last videos, there were entire conversations recorded...but yall didn't know that BC you didn't watch it. Like I said,  depends on what is released.

No, it depends on the content you want to see, apparently.

What makes you say 'y'all didn't watch it'?

It's pretty absurd that you're arguing about something you haven't seen while accusing others of not having seen something that they've watched.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest marla_mulder
22 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

No, it depends on the content you want to see, apparently.

What makes you say 'y'all didn't watch it'?

It's pretty absurd that you're arguing about something you haven't seen while accusing others of not having seen something that they've watched.

 

Several ppl on here around election time said they would not watch it...that would be the "yall" I am referring to.

I intend to see what he releases and based on how it's put together, length of conversations, absence/presence of cuts in odd places, I will make up my mind then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, marla_mulder said:

You realize that all the editing or "context" in the world doesn't make some things okay, right? It all depends on what kind of information comes out.

Yall like to use it as a crutch, but the "editing" excuse just doesn't change some things.

If they release full, unedited video that shows wrong doing then I'll happily condemn whomever is doing it.  If all they release are edited videos and they don't provide the full clip, then their past history of falsifying and deceiving people with those edits leads me to automatically distrust anything they claim.  

For me, that's just how credibility works.  O'Keefe and his people have been caught lying with the use of edited videos in the past.  They have no credibility and the burden is on them to provide complete documentation of their claims.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

If they release full, unedited video that shows wrong doing then I'll happily condemn whomever is doing it.  If all they release are edited videos and they don't provide the full clip, then their past history of falsifying and deceiving people with those edits leads me to automatically distrust anything they claim.  

For me, that's just how credibility works.  O'Keefe and his people have been caught lying with the use of edited videos in the past.  They have no credibility and the burden is on them to provide complete documentation of their claims.

If he said the sky was blue, I'd probably have to wait and get it fact checked. O'Keefe at this point has less credibility than Brian Williams and Geraldo reporting live from a Call of Duty match :ninja: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest marla_mulder
1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

If they release full, unedited video that shows wrong doing then I'll happily condemn whomever is doing it.  If all they release are edited videos and they don't provide the full clip, then their past history of falsifying and deceiving people with those edits leads me to automatically distrust anything they claim.  

For me, that's just how credibility works.  O'Keefe and his people have been caught lying with the use of edited videos in the past.  They have no credibility and the burden is on them to provide complete documentation of their claims.

So he doesn't get another shot, but those in the media do? They've been caught lying, pushing agendas, etc, but people who aren't fond of them are mocked on here.

I prefer to review things as they come and make an informed decision after reviewing the information presented - whether it's O'Keefe, Wikileaks, or someone else in the media.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

So he doesn't get another shot, but those in the media do? They've been caught lying, pushing agendas, etc, but people who aren't fond of them are mocked on here.

I prefer to review things as they come and make an informed decision after reviewing the information presented - whether it's O'Keefe, Wikileaks, or someone else in the media.

Who in the media has done the equivalent of what O'Keefe did?  If you're talking about people like Michael Moore then I take the same exact attitude.  After what Moore has done in his films with selective editing, I don't trust anything from him on any topic.  If you're talking about reputable news outlets like CNN, I'll have to see an equivalent to O'Keefe. 

And no, he doesn't get another shot if that means he gets the benefit of the doubt the next time he releases some supposed scandalous video.  Everything he does is suspect until it's confirmed by unedited videos.  I also take the same view of Breitbart.com after the Shirley Sherrod tapes, btw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest marla_mulder
6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Who in the media has done the equivalent of what O'Keefe did?  If you're talking about people like Michael Moore then I take the same exact attitude.  After what Moore has done in his films with selective editing, I don't trust anything from him on any topic.  If you're talking about reputable news outlets like CNN, I'll have to see an equivalent to O'Keefe. 

And no, he doesn't get another shot if that means he gets the benefit of the doubt the next time he releases some supposed scandalous video.  Everything he does is suspect until it's confirmed by unedited videos.  I also take the same view of Breitbart.com after the Shirley Sherrod tapes, btw.

Katie Couric was sued for similar....because of editing. It happens in the media too. I don't have time to look up more (leaving work), but I can remember her incident off the top of my head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Also, let's not forget, that Donald Trump took $100,000 of money intended to go to charity and gave it to O'Keefe's organization.  

Let's also not forget that every morning for breakfast, Donald Trump has his staffers take a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken and peel the skin off so he can eat just the skin, in nothing but an open bathrobe, while furiously updating his twitter in hopes that Robert Pattinson has hearted his most recent tweet.*

 

*probably.

 

Fact check me, bro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BrockSamson said:

Let's also not forget that every morning for breakfast, Donald Trump has his staffers take a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken and peel the skin off so he can eat just the skin, in nothing but an open bathrobe, while furiously updating his twitter in hopes that Robert Pattinson has hearted his most recent tweet.*

 

*probably.

 

Fact check me, bro.

That is just incredibly inaccurate.

Everyone knows he is a Popeyes man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

So he doesn't get another shot, but those in the media do? They've been caught lying, pushing agendas, etc, but people who aren't fond of them are mocked on here.

I prefer to review things as they come and make an informed decision after reviewing the information presented - whether it's O'Keefe, Wikileaks, or someone else in the media.

When they're caught lying, they circle the wagons and pretend no one noticed

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

Really?

When a room full of reporters fail to report this, they are circling the wagons. 

Naw that's just a dereliction of their job.

Circling the wagons is what the right does around the Trump administration  when they spotlight non existent terrorist attacks

You don't circle the wagons cause the Indians aren't attacking 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

Really?

When a room full of reporters fail to report this, they are circling the wagons. 

Also by and by you guys have a funny habit of working yourself into frenzies cause the media isn't reporting something and then turns out they actually did or that fairly soon they eventually will.

I know when I was reading Breibart (who is now part of that press) an hour ago they had nothing on their front page about this as of then. Sometimes people wanna get their bases covered before they throw a colleague under the bus (or else end up in the very ship she's in)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...