Fake news...a warning.

Leon Troutsky

Guest marla_mulder

Hmm...maybe this was just "edited" too....this is O'Keefe's fault! 

[Controlling "exactly what people think" is the job of the media, MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski boldly declared Wednesday morning.

While discussing President Trump's entreaties to the American people to remain skeptical of the press, Bzezinski worried that if the economy turns south, Americans may end up trusting him over the media. 

"And it could be that while unemployment and the economy worsens, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think," Brzezinski said. "And that, that is our job."]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest marla_mulder
5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah because what kind of monster actually appreciates truth and facts.

You realize that all the editing or "context" in the world doesn't make some things okay, right? It all depends on what kind of information comes out.

Yall like to use it as a crutch, but the "editing" excuse just doesn't change some things.

29 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Man, post a news article about information coming out about the media and listen to the panties start bunching. Kinda pathetic, actually. 

Cause his videos always make a very serious claim almost always accusing someone or someones of usuaslly a very very serious crime (and O'Keefe has plenty of career scalps to his name that later turned out to be edited), he now refuses to show his work, then his undefendedable argument dominates just about every other disscussion and issue for a week.

Except now Trump is president and our president has shown a penchant for seeing something on TV or online that he thought sounded good, not really taking the time dig into its veracity before retweeting it to millions of his followers and including it in his oral argument for so many of his speeches. And now that claim has the weight of a sitting president behind it and at the end of the day it's simply all about muddying the waters.

And it'll be the same people who say we should dimiss snopes, "look how west coast liberal they look sitting on their couch looking all smug with their cat" but then want to run with the argument pushed forth by THIS guy

unnamed.png

2 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Hmm...maybe this was just "edited" too....this is O'Keefe's fault! 

[Controlling "exactly what people think" is the job of the media, MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski boldly declared Wednesday morning.

While discussing President Trump's entreaties to the American people to remain skeptical of the press, Bzezinski worried that if the economy turns south, Americans may end up trusting him over the media. 

"And it could be that while unemployment and the economy worsens, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think," Brzezinski said. "And that, that is our job."]

Yeah, I heard this on Chris Plante's show this morning.  Pretty crazy huh?  Mika think's it's the fake/SCM job to tell us how to think.  I've got news for you Mika kitten, it is the news job, in 
Russia at least, but not here in the good ole US of A! :tiphat:

6 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

You realize that all the editing or "context" in the world doesn't make some things okay, right? It all depends on what kind of information comes out.

Yall like to use it as a crutch, but the "editing" excuse just doesn't change some things.

what is the extent of the editing and what does it hurt to make both the edited (assuming it is just showing the pertinent info) and the unedited available to shut up your critics and give yourself more credibility? 

30 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

shouldn't that be alleged ties to Russia? I haven't seen where any government agencies have shown any conclusive evidence and they certainly have access to Trump's tax returns 

Republicans have tweeted about contact with Russian operatives. 

Yes, the IRS has Trump's tax returns. I'm not sure what that has to do with the returns being made public.

Just now, atl falcon 89 said:

What crime has the maunstream media specifically accused Trump of and links to the accusations

Lat night it was treason.  This morning it was improper use of his position in power against the media.  You don't need links.  Just was the fake/SCM news on any of our favorite fake news channels for 10 minutes.  Caveat, that is if you can hang for 10 minutes, I know it's tough.  

7 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

It's not an excuse. It's an actual thing that is done to distort the truth.

Just now, eatcorn said:

Republicans have tweeted about contact with Russian operatives. 

Yes, the IRS has Trump's tax returns. I'm not sure what that has to do with the returns being made public.

awhile back we had this argument about his tax returns and the biggest reasons I was given for their release was because of alleged Russian ties. The FBI and anybody investigating them has access to those tax returns and anything pertinent in them so that makes the reason I was given moot. 

and I believe I said 'conclusive evidence'. I didnt realize that tweets were now conclusive. Guess pizzagate was a real thing after all

2 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

what is the extent of the editing and what does it hurt to make both the edited (assuming it is just showing the pertinent info) and the unedited available to shut up your critics and give yourself more credibility? 

I said this last night, no evidence whatsoever.  It they had we would've seen it already as doggedly as the media has been going after Trump.  

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Lat night it was treason.  This morning it was improper use of his position in power against the media.  You don't need links.  Just was the fake/SCM news on any of our favorite fake news channels for 10 minutes.  Caveat, that is if you can hang for 10 minutes, I know it's tough.  

Wow so CNN or whoever is accusing Trump of treason. I missed that one.

10 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Actually yes it does...as pointed out  above regarding acorn.

He selectively edited a video to make it appear as if the organization was giving him advise on underage prostitution.

Not only did the acorn employee call tje cops....when the full tape was released the conversation had a very different time than what was presented.

So yes editing and context mean everything

Guest marla_mulder
1 minute ago, Dago 3.0 said:

I agree...it would be better, and if he asked me, I'd tell him to release everything.

That still doesn't make it all untrue. Like I said, depends on what is being said and if context would even matter. There are ppl here who won't acknowledge that simply because they don't WANT to believe it.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Actually yes it does...as pointed out  above regarding acorn.

He selectively edited a video to make it appear as if the organization was giving him advise on underage prostitution.

Not only did the acorn employee call tje cops....when the full tape was released the conversation had a very different time than what was presented.

So yes editing and context mean everything

But not before the pound of flesh

6 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

What crime has the mainstream media specifically accused Trump of and links to the accusations

Treason like I said, and that is just one of many.  Click for yourself to see them because there are too many for me to waste my time.  Just to placate you though I'll post one at no charge. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4079080/Donald-Trump-accused-treason-praising-Vladimir-Putin.html

Just now, Dago 3.0 said:

awhile back we had this argument about his tax returns and the biggest reasons I was given for their release was because of alleged Russian ties. The FBI and anybody investigating them has access to those tax returns and anything pertinent in them so that makes the reason I was given moot. 

and I believe I said 'conclusive evidence'. I didnt realize that tweets were now conclusive. Guess pizzagate was a real thing after all

The concerns are not about illegality, they are about conflicts of interest, which are not illegal (unless they involve the Clinton Foundation, I guess). Please don't muddy the waters by conflating two separate issues.

I'll try to track down a link that reports a FL Republican tweeting directly to known Russian hackers.

10 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Treason like I said, and that is just one of many.  Click for yourself to see them because there are too many for me to waste my time.  Just to placate you though I'll post one at no charge. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4079080/Donald-Trump-accused-treason-praising-Vladimir-Putin.html

^^^This is a stretch WFW even for you. Some of you conflate the publishing of quotes from sitting Democrat and Republican senators or even the simple reporting of the existence of a dossier (there was) or that Flynn spoke to the Russians before assuming his office (he did) the same as CNN BREAKING NEWS: Trump commits treason.

In other words if they find out about something you don't like you'd rather they not report it.

20 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

I agree...it would be better, and if he asked me, I'd tell him to release everything.

That still doesn't make it all untrue. Like I said, depends on what is being said and if context would even matter. There are ppl here who won't acknowledge that simply because they don't WANT to believe it.

If it is edited to give a different appearanceI to rhe truth than reality then yes it DOES make it untrue.

Here is a simple easy example.

Let's say you say something to the effect of you hate puppies when they poop everywhere and eat the furniture.

If someone edited your comment to just say that you hated puppies.

Would that be true?

After all you clearly said that you hate puppies right??

Guest marla_mulder
1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

If it is edited to give a different appearanceI to rhe truth than reality then yes it DOES make it untrue.

Here is a simple easy example.

Let's say you say something to the effect of you hate puppies when they poop everywhere and eat the furniture.

If someone edited your comment to just say that you hated puppies.

Would that be true?

After all you clearly said that you hate puppies right??

Yeah, if you're talking about that kind of editing....I said it depends. If you show an entire 10 minute conversation between 2 ppl with no cuts, it is still edited down from hours of video, but the information in those 10 minutes can still be ****ing.