Fake news...a warning.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Didn't I just see you "Doh'ing" in another thread for spouting off before watching the associated clip?

So yea, CNN is still fake news, by their very own definition no less.

Edit: Screen shot will not embed, and I don't feel like ******* with the formatting. 3:18 mark, graphic by CNN

7 minutes ago, lostone said:

Nothing is real.  Everything is a lie.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

trump is a sith!!!!

18 more hours...Hallelujah    

54 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

CNN is not even trying anymore

Mediaite:

CNN recently selected the daughter of top Barack Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett to cover the Department of Justice under incoming President Donald Trump, reports The New York Post.

Justice reporter Laura Jarrett was quietly hired by the network in September. In a press release Wednesday, she and three other reporters were tapped to cover the Trump Justice Department and the Supreme Court.

Jarrett’s hire was unusual in part because she has no journalism experience, working as a private attorney following her graduation from Harvard Law. But in a 2009 Vanity Fair profile, Jarrett said it was her ambition to one day work as a TV-news legal analyst.

At least they used to have the decency to lie about maintaining some standard of fairness.

They are airing the Inauguration Concert in its entirety.  Is that fake?

56 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

CNN is not even trying anymore

Mediaite:

CNN recently selected the daughter of top Barack Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett to cover the Department of Justice under incoming President Donald Trump, reports The New York Post.

Justice reporter Laura Jarrett was quietly hired by the network in September. In a press release Wednesday, she and three other reporters were tapped to cover the Trump Justice Department and the Supreme Court.

Jarrett’s hire was unusual in part because she has no journalism experience, working as a private attorney following her graduation from Harvard Law. But in a 2009 Vanity Fair profile, Jarrett said it was her ambition to one day work as a TV-news legal analyst.

At least they used to have the decency to lie about maintaining some standard of fairness.

Which sources are more objective and accurate than CNN?  I've been asking this for days and nobody has given me a list of more credible sources.

29 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

Didn't I just see you "Doh'ing" in another thread for spouting off before watching the associated clip?

So yea, CNN is still fake news, by their very own definition no less.

Edit: Screen shot will not embed, and I don't feel like ******* with the formatting. 3:18 mark, graphic by CNN

I watched 31 seconds of your clip, it is a completely different type of clip than what Jdave posted. His clip was in jest. Yours is doing exactly why the screen shot says.

Nothing for me to d'oh about here.  

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Which sources are more objective and accurate than CNN?  I've been asking this for days and nobody has given me a list of more credible sources.

You're asking people who have no response aside from video clips, fallacious logic, and childish memes. The 'fake news' meme is, quite literally, an ideological safe space for partisan faux-conservatives.

4 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

You're asking people who have no response aside from video clips, fallacious logic, and childish memes. The 'fake news' meme is, quite literally, an ideological safe space for partisan faux-conservatives.

Pretty much.  It's funny to me, though, because their silence proves my point.  They know that they can't say that the whackjob sites like PrisonPlanet, InfoWars, or even Breitbart are credible sources.  So they just scream "FAKE NEWS" at credible sources and don't offer an alternative, more credible list of sources themselves.  Just proves it's all about confirmation bias.  

Fake News is their new BENGHAZI!!!  

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Pretty much.  It's funny to me, though, because their silence proves my point.  They know that they can't say that the whackjob sites like PrisonPlanet, InfoWars, or even Breitbart are credible sources.  So they just scream "FAKE NEWS" at credible sources and don't offer an alternative, more credible list of sources themselves.  Just proves it's all about confirmation bias.  

Fake News is their new BENGHAZI!!!  

So the time it took me to drive home from work and have dinner with my family "proves your point".

You know, in your world, it probably does.

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I never said that Breitbart or Newsmax were always wrong.  You said that the MSM is "fake".  

False equivalency will always be false.

But maybe you can help me out.  Which sources are more accurate and credible than the MSM?

Move those goal posts. You've said multiple times that we should only link "reputable" and "real" sources in sourcing our points and opinions here. I specifically used these two sites because I can remember your singling them out as unworthy of citing. Yet now, when an obvious flaw in your "CNN is stating the obvious real incident" argument is pointed out, you walk it back with this? C'mon man.

Also, knock it off with the dumb rhetorical questions. I don't know their sources on a case by case basis, and neither do you. We can judge and check their end products, and judging by the amount of times CNN has put out complete bs, staged news reports, and outright lied. I can judge that they are not worthy of nearly the amount of praise you heap on them or faith you put in them.