Fake news...a warning.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

You wrote:

"Because now it is slanted more to one side of the political spectrum.  In other words they are a tool, a conduit to one party where the media tries to push the parties views on to the American people,  The media is supposed to be impartial, balanced, and fair.  As we saw this last election the news (a lot of it fake) was slanted more to one side.  We do not need a media that tries to help control and shape our elections."

I asked for facts and evidence to support your view.  

You responded, "he had this meeting for a reason".  That is not an answer.

You are acting like an idiot.

I love playing a fish.  You don't horse them in, you use your drag and reel them in with patience as not to put to much tension on the line.  

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I love playing a fish.  You don't horse them in, you use your drag and reel them in with patience as not to put to much tension on the line.  

^^^Makes a stupid, false claim on the boards.  Is asked for supporting evidence and responds with a deflection.  Gets called out for the deflection and pretends he's playing some mind game.

I'll say this again...you think you're being clever.  You're not.  Whatever credibility you had is quickly evaporating with this trolling stupidity.  Just stop it before you embarrass yourself even more.

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

^^^Makes a stupid, false claim on the boards.  Is asked for supporting evidence and responds with a deflection.  Gets called out for the deflection and pretends he's playing some mind game.

I'll say this again...you think you're being clever.  You're not.  Whatever credibility you had is quickly evaporating with this trolling stupidity.  Just stop it before you embarrass yourself even more.

I would take my cleverness to Vegas and bet it all on black if the bet was against you.  

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I would take my cleverness to Vegas and bet it all on black if the bet was against you.  

You do that.  :lol:

It just shows that you're either a complete moron or you're a troll who is lying to provoke a response.  Don't care either way, but I'm done with your stupidity.  As far as I'm concerned, you're no better than the likes of Snake, HMFIC, and Sobeit whose presence on the boards does nothing but diminish otherwise good discussions.

Your participation makes ABF worse, not better.

9 hours ago, Halsey. said:

So if nobody trusts private, corporate run news outlets, why not give more funding to public media instead of letting corporations fund public media, like they do now. Properly funded public media would at least give a different perspective and be less motivated by profit.

This is really the most important point. You should have a news channel that has secure government funding but is completely managed independently from the government. There are many examples, like BBC in UK and CBC in Canada, as well as NPR in the US. If your news company is seeking profit first and foremost, then they will spew what people would "buy" rather than what is true and substantive. 

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

You do that.  :lol:

It just shows that you're either a complete moron or you're a troll who is lying to provoke a response.  Don't care either way, but I'm done with your stupidity.  As far as I'm concerned, you're no better than the likes of Snake, HMFIC, and Sobeit whose presence on the boards does nothing but diminish otherwise good discussions.

Your participation makes ABF worse, not better.

Great, I think we've made headway today.  I usually pretend that when I am talking to you that it is JDaveG, that comforts me.  That you were once like him until you received the same fate as Randle McMurphy's lobotomy...

6 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

This is really the most important point. You should have a news channel that has secure government funding but is completely managed independently from the government. There are many examples, like BBC in UK and CBC in Canada, as well as NPR in the US. If your news company is seeking profit first and foremost, then they will spew what people would "buy" rather than what is true and substantive. 

I agree with you.  But when partisan hacks and idiots like WFW and Snake run around accusing currently credible news sources of being "fake", how do you think they're going to respond to a government-funded outlet?

We need something like this, but the very fact that it gets funding from the government is going to lead a lot of those partisan hacks to reject it in lieu of their actually fake articles that float around on Facebook.

We have a much bigger problem in this country.  We need to address the source of that problem before we can ever get to this kind of independent news outlet successfully.

2 minutes ago, Halsey. said:

Some people aren't going to accept any source of news unless said source tells them what they want to hear.

I agree.  H***, I've been saying that for years now.  But we're no longer at "some people".  We're quickly approaching a situation where a majority of the electorate is doing that.  Again, it's a much bigger problem than people realize.

9 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Great, I think we've made headway today.  I usually pretend that when I am talking to you that it is JDaveG, that comforts me.  That you were once like him until you received the same fate as Randle McMurphy's lobotomy...

^^^The dimwit who is too stupid to differentiate credible sources from actual fake news talking about lobotomies.

3 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

Let's see how long it takes CNN to update their story

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/23/politics/betsy-devos-picked-for-education-secretary/

From the CNN story:

DeVos moved quickly on Wednesday to quell any uproar on the right over her association with pro-Common Core groups, saying, "I am not a supporter -- period."

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

From the CNN story:

DeVos moved quickly on Wednesday to quell any uproar on the right over her association with pro-Common Core groups, saying, "I am not a supporter -- period."

Updated 3:25 PM ET, Wed November 23, 2016

Apparently pretty quickly then ;)

As in about 5 minutes after my post

God reporting sucks nowadays.  It used to be they reported their own stories now they cite things from secondhand news blogs to try and get people excited.  I usually stop reading after the first few sentences because of the grammatical/spelling errors.  When I used to read newspapers when real reporting went on (not the fake news) it was rare, almost impossible to find mistakes in the writing, but now?  Forget about it.  

9 hours ago, lostone said:

NPR is the best we have.  They report news.  Somehow they get lumped in with CNN and foxnews.

NPR/PBS are chalk full of libs on thier payrolls and is (partially) state funded so it's easy to see and understand where the thought process that they must be left bias comes from but for my money I agree their worlds ahead of the cable and network news outlets. BBC as well.

3 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

NPR/PBS are chalk full of libs on thier payrolls and is (partially) state funded so it's easy to see and understand where the thought process that they must be left bias comes from but for my money I agree their worlds ahead of the cable and network news outlets. BBC as well.

NPR? They're left of CNN.

Their entire premise is to counter program Rush Limbaugh.

If NPR has any left bias it's more insuferably cultural than political. 

It'll sound something like "And when we come back from the break (of soft indi jazz) we will talk to Winfrey Moonbeam a Hopi Indian lesbian of color who makes macrome necklaces to raise awareness for people who have Cynaphobia, a fear of the color blue. Your listening to All things Considered on NPR(read in the most buttery of narrative tones) :ninja:

1 hour ago, lostone said:

Oh, so it was created to counter Rush before he existed.  Gotcha

It was created to be the left's voice in a sea of conservative radio. When Rush, and conservatives started targeting them for being biased (yeah.. hypocritical) they went full ******. No one listens to them but delusional Liberals, which is why they cannot exist without government funding.

28 minutes ago, unbelievable said:

It was created to be the left's voice in a sea of conservative radio. When Rush, and conservatives started targeting them for being biased (yeah.. hypocritical) they went full ******. No one listens to them but delusional Liberals, which is why they cannot exist without government funding.

This is the most simple black and white shade of secondhand bull.....

Have you ever listened to Rush? It's a hour of him raging at some liberal straw argument he tells you about at the beginning of every show, so he can control the angle of the tantrum. There is no NPR or PBS equivalent, they don't allow it.

Public media is 80% book reviews, British murder mysteties and Sesame Street. And their news segments tend to be pretty hard.

It's also more privately than publicy funded which I think has been posted on this board only a few hundred times.