Trump's cabinet picks...

10 minutes ago, unbelievable said:

Many people have fought against registry in the past. Remember the gun owners registry? Publishing where people lived so they can be harassed?

People were warned what would happen, but the left felt that the ends justified the means. Now they cry out and no will care. No one cared before...

The right has been doing that for years and years.  Tea Party supporters published the home addresses of Democratic members of Congress.  One of them even had his gas line cut by a Tea Party supporter.

But yeah, tell us again about "the left". 

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, lostone said:

I call it like I see it.  This is nothing new.  Rich land owner telling the poor, "brown people are the cause of your problems".  No personal responsibility, no self reflection.  Just blame someone else.

We've had 8 years of "We are the 99%. Everything bad in the world is caused by the 1%!." 

People are just tired of slogans; wanted a new one.

Many people have fought against registry in the past. Remember the gun owners registry? Publishing where people lived so they can be harassed?

People were warned what would happen, but the left felt that the ends justified the means. Now they cry out and no will care. No one cared before...

religionregister.gov

make sure you register your kids.

They coming for the first amendment!  Y'all were cool when you thought the spying was just on brown people in the country then got mad when they went after everyone.  This is so tired.  You erode a right for one it gets eroded for all.

22 hours ago, lostone said:

It's kind of sad when I have to explain how, just because a court ruled a certain way doesn't mean it's right or follows the constitution.

the fact that the war on drugs has basically ended our 4th amendment rights should be a clear example of this.

So says your interpretation of the Constitution, and it's not just any court, it's the Supreme Court, which contains people much more learned in what is constitutional than you or I. You made an excellent rebuttal to a similar argument I made in another thread regarding the constitutionality of Roe v Wade, in which you challenged if I thought it was right vs just constitutional. So I do get and even agree with what you're saying, but you or I declaring that this is illegal is just fallacious. Immoral is a better argument, but that is our opinion, and does not establish illegality.

2 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

So says your interpretation of the Constitution, and it's not just any court, it's the Supreme Court, which contains people much more learned in what is constitutional than you or I. You made an excellent rebuttal to a similar argument I made in another thread regarding the constitutionality of Roe v Wade, in which you challenged if I thought it was right vs just constitutional. So I do get and even agree with what you're saying, but you or I declaring that this is illegal is just fallacious. Immoral is a better argument, but that is our opinion, and does not establish illegality.

True, I will give you that.  It would be interesting if people were searched based on demographic numbers would people be cool with that?  You see how the tone of the war on drugs changed with suburban kids getting caught up in it.  I assume the same with all "color blind" laws.

1 hour ago, eatcorn said:

Legal or not, it's an un-American and deplorably disgusting policy. We can argue legal semantics all day, and nothing will change the fact that Trump's anti-Islam policies are flat out WRONG.

Remember why our nation's founders came here in the first place?

I feel the same about abortion, yet here we are.

13 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The right has been doing that for years and years.  Tea Party supporters published the home addresses of Democratic members of Congress.  One of them even had his gas line cut by a Tea Party supporter.

But yeah, tell us again about "the left". 

There is a difference between some random guy doing a white pages search and getting the address WRONG for a Congressman, and giving access to the National Gun Registry to the press so they can publish it.

One is some random idiot. The other is systematic.

Just now, Dago 3.0 said:

not appointing conspiracy theory nuts to positions of power would probably be a start

The downside of funding your own campaign is not having a bigger circle of "friends" to fill thousands of positions.

You also have to consider that anyone who thought Trump could win (an openly expressed that opinion) was laughed at.. they'd have to be a little nutty.

“Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of, who do the things that no one can imagine.” -Imitation Game.

14 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I wasn't in agreement with all Obama's appointees either, but I gave the administration the benefit of the doubt when they took office.  After that we have to go by merit.  

Which of Obama's appointees were conspiracy theory nuts who shared fake news stories about their opponents?  False equivalency is false.

The downside of funding your own campaign is not having a bigger circle of "friends" to fill thousands of positions.

You also have to consider that anyone who thought Trump could win (an openly expressed that opinion) was laughed at.. they'd have to be a little nutty.

“Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of, who do the things that no one can imagine.” -Imitation Game.

Trump didn't fund his own campaign.  He took hundreds of millions from donors.  The whole "I'm funding my own campaign" is another Trump lie.

2 minutes ago, unbelievable said:

The donors didn't come until late into the primaries.

Someone could even argue that his primary donors were the MSM who gave him free air time.

Just look at this self-funded campaign:

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/candidate.php?id=N00023864

Nothing says self-funded like $300 million in donations.

Just now, unbelievable said:

Hilary Clinton. Those terrorist attacks were because of a youtube video!

That's what the intelligence experts said was behind it in the days following the attacks.

I know, I know...how silly of her to rely on the evidence presented at the time instead of making up some conspiracy theory or fake story.  But I think it's a sign of competence when somebody looks at the evidence from the intelligence community and draws a conclusion based on those facts...and then changes their conclusion when new facts are presented.  

We just have a different view about competence.