Trump's cabinet picks...

Just now, Billy Ocean said:

What if all post offices issued voter ID's and if you can't get your butt to a post office every decade or so, then you don't get to vote?

That could certainly work, tons of ways could be implemented to make obtaining a Voter ID card simpler and cheaper but yet the GOP never seems to ever purpose these idea's. And in the end they won't push these idea's because the purpose is to suppress voters they know probably won't vote for them since GOP policies usually hurt poor and minorities the most.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

That could certainly work, tons of ways could be implemented to make obtaining a Voter ID card simpler and cheaper but yet the GOP never seems to ever purpose these idea's. And in the end they won't push these idea's because the purpose is to suppress voters they know probably won't vote for them since GOP policies usually hurt poor and minorities the most.

lol-mocking-laugh-prince-o.gif

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

I'd also say if the GOP is so hardcore about voter fraud prevention they need to push and establish a National Voter ID card program. Every citizen should be able to easily obtain a FREE voter ID card without paying for further certificates or spending hours upon hours of time away from work standing in DMV lines. Poll tax is illegal, putting a money requirement in front of the ability to vote is illegal.

Voter ID laws usually put either some monetary obstacle in front of voting or require you to take days off of work because the DMV offices are purposely run at hours that are not convenient for working class people.

You can certainly have Voter ID cards without putting these illegal or un-needed obstacles in front of people.

I'd have no problem with a free ID program.  I know Georgia already has that in place.  Not sure how many other states have but I see no reason it can't be done...

42 minutes ago, capologist said:

I'd have no problem with a free ID program.  I know Georgia already has that in place.  Not sure how many other states have but I see no reason it can't be done...

Yep I think it's a fine idea I do think it needs to be on a national level though as this state thing makes inconsistent polices/rules for national elections thus allowing for these laws that suppress voters.

6 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

And that's why the Republican own everything now.  As I've been saying, if they rush through somebody who then screws up, the GOP takes full blame for that.  This is what should concern Republicans...they own every single one of those nominations and whatever negative things they do.  Better make sure they are good choices.

One thing that the republicans have to hope for is for the apathy  of the youth to set in. like it historically does.

As you  and others have said... this was not the historic blowout that Trump likes to paint it... The youth vote failed to turn out like it typically does and Trump won by one of the slimmest margins in  recent  electoral history ...The republicans have to hope that the democrats are not able to us 2016 as a  rallying point.  If the Democrats can offer up someone in  who can capture the youth vote like Obama did in 08......well  that is something for the republicans to be very very scared of.