Trump's cabinet picks...

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, big_dog said:

When he completes his appointments will there be one female or minority in his cabinet? Doubtful.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."  -Abraham Lincoln

It would be nice to move away from Identity politics. Who sees color?

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

"Don't sweat the minuscule things, like the fact that neither Trump nor his national security advisors seems to have the judgment to filter out fake news and conspiracy theories from credible news and facts...BE PART OF THIS TEAM OF CONSPIRACY NUTS!!"

No thanks.  It's astounding that people are willing to look past something this dangerous and disturbing by the people who are about to be in charge of our national security.

Yet you were willing to let Hillary be in charge of that...:lol:

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He's in (nothing you can do about that), you need to answer the broader question I posed to you.  What does Trump have to do to win you over?  

Well, First he has to show good judgement. 

As President you represent everyone. At least two of the choices have racial implication surrounding them. This is not really promising..and you can understand why that's disturbing to many.

Drain the swamp but retain the slimy toads.

Also, I would like him to leave his gold plated BullSh#t and Trump life style in the rear view. Stop tweeting about every little thing that happens and focus on whats important.

I saw where he is already trying to take credit for a division of Ford motor staying in the U.S rather than moving to Mexico. Turns out the Ford division is still under contract  through 2019..and they weren't going anywhere.  Just more of the same Sh#T.

2 years ago you could have asked anyone in the south what they thought of Trump. Everyone would have described him as an Arrogant self absorb Pr!ck.

In this election, People were so disgusted with the choices that the voter turn out was lower than that of  2008 and 2012. Only about half the country even voted.

Out of that half, Trump won the Electoral vote..and lost the Popular vote. Yes, 1/4th of the Country has spoken.

1 minute ago, defcon4 said:

Well, First he has to show good judgement. 

As President you represent everyone. At least two of the choices have racial implication surrounding them. This is not really promising..and you can understand why that's disturbing to many.

Drain the swamp but retain the slimy toads.

Also, I would like him to leave his gold plated BullSh#t and Trump life style in the rear view. Stop tweeting about every little thing that happens and focus on whats important.

I saw where he is already trying to take credit for a division of Ford motor staying in the U.S rather than moving to Mexico. Turns out the Ford division is still under contract  through 2019..and they weren't going anywhere.  Just more of the same Sh#T.

2 years ago you could have asked anyone in the south what they thought of Trump. Everyone would have described him as an Arrogant self absorb Pr!ck.

In this election, People were so disgusted with the choices that the voter turn out was lower than that of  2008 and 2012. Only about half the country even voted.

Out of that half, Trump won the Electoral vote..and lost the Popular vote. Yes, 1/4th of the Country has spoken.

People don't vote so their voice is not heard.  There is roughly 240 million people eligible (age wise) to vote in this country, many of those people aren't even registered to vote, so they did not cast votes votes or had no desire to cast a vote.  So they have no say in the outcome of the election.  

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

People don't vote so their voice is not heard.  There is roughly 240 million people eligible (age wise) to vote in this country, many of those people aren't even registered to vote, so they did not cast votes votes or had no desire to cast a vote.  So they have no say in the outcome of the election.  

Yes, I believe that's what I just said.

21 hours ago, lostone said:

trout, people just want to mess with you.  They have no intention of answering your questions.

WFW will be justifying stop and frisk and muslim registries soon and say how constitutional it is

Politico reports that three constitutional lawyers say the ACLU won’t have much of a shot before a judge. The Supreme Court has "consistently reaffirmed the power of the president to control the entry and exit from the country as a matter of national security," giving Trump’s administration a decided advantage in any litigation.

Trump's Muslim registry wouldn't be illegal, constitutional law experts say

It may well still have to be decided by the court, but to imply that is not constitutional is an opinion at this point, unlike S&F which has already been decided by the court.

25 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

Politico reports that three constitutional lawyers say the ACLU won’t have much of a shot before a judge. The Supreme Court has "consistently reaffirmed the power of the president to control the entry and exit from the country as a matter of national security," giving Trump’s administration a decided advantage in any litigation.

Trump's Muslim registry wouldn't be illegal, constitutional law experts say

It may well still have to be decided by the court, but to imply that is not constitutional is an opinion at this point, unlike S&F which has already been decided by the court.

So every illegal proposal by POTUS Obama okay according to the left, anything legal/illegalTrump will propose is wrong..oh, that's how it works...:D

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

"He profiled Christians, hyuck hyuck."

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that Republicans are in favor of things like 'stop and frisk' and the registration of Muslims. These things seem as anti-American as anything that has been suggested in the last 50 years. It's as thought they just decided that they 'won', and they can do whatever they want, as long as they can get someone to say 'technically, it's legal'?

First Amendment? Only for approved religions

Fourth Amendment? No need for that one, either. 

And when you point that out, you just get one liners and memes in response. 

It's terrifying. 

Every male citizen in the country has to register with the government when they turn eighteen.

Every LEGAL immigrant has to be finger-printed when becoming a resident.

Native Americans have to prove their ancestry before receiving their "race" card.

I don't support the idea of a Muslim-only registry, but It's not like we don't already create databases of specific people. This right was lost a long time ago.

3 minutes ago, unbelievable said:

Every male citizen in the country has to register with the government when they turn eighteen.

Every LEGAL immigrant has to be finger-printed when becoming a resident.

Native Americans have to prove their ancestry before receiving their "race" card.

I don't support the idea of a Muslim-only registry, but It's not like we don't already create databases of specific people. This right was lost a long time ago.

Seriously? We lost the right to free speech a long time ago? Can you not see the logical extension of your argument? 

Also, none of the things you mention are freedoms of expression.

1 minute ago, unbelievable said:

The bottom line is that they don't even have to tell the public they have a list. We already volunteer this information for free.

I am pretty well appalled at the kinds of activities you're justifying. At this point, I'm having a difficult time digesting how completely ****** up we are when people are advocating for stripping our first amendment rights because....well, just because.

4 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that Republicans are in favor of things like 'stop and frisk' and the registration of Muslims. These things seem as anti-American as anything that has been suggested in the last 50 years. It's as thought they just decided that they 'won', and they can do whatever they want, as long as they can get someone to say 'technically, it's legal'?

First Amendment? Only for approved religions

Fourth Amendment? No need for that one, either. 

And when you point that out, you just get one liners and memes in response. 

It's terrifying. 

When a lot of their support comes from people who fear and/or revile foreigners - Mexicans, immigrants, Muslims, etc. - a hard-line approach is electorally viable for the party.  There has been this sentiment out there for years and years, and pent up frustration at "establishment" GOP leaders who aren't willing to pander to those fears.  So someone like Trump comes along and speaks directly to those prejudices and gets a lot of support from these people.  We have to recognize that these sentiments are out there, that they represent a large number of Americans, and that our system of government is fragile to demagogues who play on those fears and hostilities for electoral gain.

For myself, I take an experimental view on democracy.  The Republicans have control of the federal and most state governments.  They get to enact the policies they think are best and get blame/credit for the consequences of those policies.  And Americans as a whole will hopefully learn hard lessons if things go sideways as a result of those policies and no longer support politicians who promote those failed policies in the future.  

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

For myself, I take an experimental view on democracy.  The Republicans have control of the federal and most state governments.  They get to enact the policies they think are best and get blame/credit for the consequences of those policies.  And Americans as a whole will hopefully learn hard lessons if things go sideways as a result of those policies and no longer support politicians who promote those failed policies in the future.  

Or they'll foolishly cheer their team on, and deny factual evidence of the damage that doesn't affect them directly.

I'm not optimistic.

Just now, eatcorn said:

Or they'll foolishly cheer their team on, and deny factual evidence of the damage that doesn't affect them directly.

I'm not optimistic.

The partisans will do that, certainly.  But the voters who aren't partisan - and that's still a large enough group of voters to swing elections - are influenced by performance in office.  It's why Obama and Democrats won in 2006 and 2008.  If a party screws up badly enough, out they go.  

12 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

I am pretty well appalled at the kinds of activities you're justifying. At this point, I'm having a difficult time digesting how completely ****** up we are when people are advocating for stripping our first amendment rights because....well, just because.

Many people have fought against registry in the past. Remember the gun owners registry? Publishing where people lived so they can be harassed?

People were warned what would happen, but the left felt that the ends justified the means. Now they cry out and no will care. No one cared before...