Trump's cabinet picks...

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sessions is pro life, anti-illegal immigration, and pretty much what you'd expect from Trump politically.

His biggest problem is he had some pretty terrible allegations against him when he was nominated for a federal judgeship in the 80s, including a quote where he supposedly said something like "I was okay with the KKK until I found out they smoked pot."  I haven't read the testimony or looked at who was saying it, but I can't imagine that isn't going to be plastered on every news story about the appointment.  

8 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Sessions is pro life, anti-illegal immigration, and pretty much what you'd expect from Trump politically.

His biggest problem is he had some pretty terrible allegations against him when he was nominated for a federal judgeship in the 80s, including a quote where he supposedly said something like "I was okay with the KKK until I found out they smoked pot."  I haven't read the testimony or looked at who was saying it, but I can't imagine that isn't going to be plastered on every news story about the appointment.  

Okay, you know what I worry about.  Should I be concerned with him?

29 minutes ago, lostone said:

Okay, you know what I worry about.  Should I be concerned with him?

Word is he's repudiated that.  He voted for the extension of the Civil Rights Act.  These are very, very old allegations.  I tend to take the approach that repentant sinners ought be forgiven.

Having said that, I have no idea what approach he'll take to issues like voter suppression.  I don't know that I'd be optimistic if I were you, but I also don't know if there's reason for pessimism.  We'll have to wait and see.

I'm way more interested in SOS and SecDef, personally.  And I'm REALLY hoping he taps Webb to be SecDef.

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

MAKE NSA GREAT AGAIN

Wasn't this something that people complained endlessly about Obama doing regarding the NSA?

Now we're back to the program that ended after or around the time Obama took office.  Let's complain about this thing and totally support a guy who will make it even worse.  What could go wrong?