Harmless but Accurate Steroetypes . . .

My two favorites:

First, of course, my favorite is Asians and their driving.  Nothing needs to be said about the accuracy of that, but proof of the harmlessness:  I'm playing golf with two other guys on a crowded course and a single comes up behind us.  He's asian and joins our group.   I immediately notice that he's got this outstanding pace and rhythm to his game.  It is the sort of thing that is a Hallmark of guys who have played at a high level.  After a couple of holes, I complimented him on that aspect of his game.  I also, somewhat apologetically, commented on the irony of that given his ethnicity.  He graciously acknowledged the stereotype and we had a nice little laugh about it. 

A close second is gays and Show Tunes.  I've never been in a car with a gay man that was playing anything other than Broadway show tunes or Barbara Streisand.  A good friend of ours has a totally bad *** Mercedes AMG S 65 (just like Arthur Blank's except a few years old).  He let me drive it up to Nashville a couple of years ago and the thing is a complete land rocket.  I'm looking for some appropriate tunes.  Nothing but Broadway and Babs.  "Bruce, sometimes I forget you're gay.  Other times, not so much."

I was running an errand this afternoon and I saw a guy in a convertible (Volvo) parked next to me.  I'm thinking "another middle aged dude with the top dropped on a beautiful Thursday before Thanksgiving.  Then he starts the car and it's some Show Tune blaring.  Suddenly I'm reminded that I'm at freakn' Ansley Mall . . .

Others? 

(I apologize if I have already posted a thread like that before.  Maybe this sort of thing is just a release for my inner bigot.)

I wouldn't say the Asian stereotype is "harmless".  Their driving is scary, and someone can get hurt.  (Just kidding)

Italians love pasta.  Who doesn't love pasta?  If you don't like pasta, there might be something wrong with you.

Black people love fried chicken and watermelon.  One of my favorite lines.  "If you don't like fried chicken and watermelon, there might be something wrong with you." -Chris Rock-.

Chinese people love rice.  

White people can't dance.

White people are racist.  Well, this one is actually pretty harmful.  

3 hours ago, holymoses said:

A close second is gays and Show Tunes.  I've never been in a car with a gay man that was playing anything other than Broadway show tunes or Barbara Streisand.  A good friend of ours has a totally bad *** Mercedes AMG S 65 (just like Arthur Blank's except a few years old).  He let me drive it up to Nashville a couple of years ago and the thing is a complete land rocket.  I'm looking for some appropriate tunes.  Nothing but Broadway and Babs.  "Bruce, sometimes I forget you're gay.  Other times, not so much."

I was running an errand this afternoon and I saw a guy in a convertible (Volvo) parked next to me.  I'm thinking "another middle aged dude with the top dropped on a beautiful Thursday before Thanksgiving.  Then he starts the car and it's some Show Tune blaring.  Suddenly I'm reminded that I'm at freakn' Ansley Mall . . .

His name was Bruce?

Come on, dude.......you made that up.

Also, statistics have shown that your average Asian driver spends 67% of his life exchanging insurance information.

3 hours ago, pzummo said:

I wouldn't say the Asian stereotype is "harmless".  Their driving is scary, and someone can get hurt.  (Just kidding)

Italians love pasta.  Who doesn't love pasta?  If you don't like pasta, there might be something wrong with you.

Black people love fried chicken and watermelon.  One of my favorite lines.  "If you don't like fried chicken and watermelon, there might be something wrong with you." -Chris Rock-.

Chinese people love rice.  

White people can't dance.

White people are racist.  Well, this one is actually pretty harmful.  

I love fried chicken and watermelon, too.

:)

3 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

I wasn't aware that Asians not playing golf was a sterotype. I'm too young to know if it started with Tiger or not but those guys are all over the courses I've played, PGA and LPGA. They cleaned up during the Olympics.

Oh . . . it's not that they don't play.  They do. 

They just play like they drive.     Ssssllloooowwwwlllllyyyyy.

I have literally started rounds on the third hole to avoid playing behind Asians.

1 hour ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

I love fried chicken and watermelon, too.

:)

My friend is from Puerto Rico. He made some homemade fried chicken one time. He took a bag of Lays BBq chips, crushed em up and mixed them into the batter. Some of the best fried chicken I've ever had. 

And I would fight my own children over the last piece of watermelon.