Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

capologist

Best Twitter response ever

11 posts in this topic

So apparently 2 people didn't have Justin Verlander on their Cy Young ballot 

Well, his girlfriend didn't take to kindly to it, and that girlfriend is none other than Kate Upton: (I edited her tweet so I wouldn't get banned)

Hey @MLB I thought I was the only person allowed to f**k @JustinVerlander ?! What 2 writers didn't have him on their ballot?

Well one responder quickly came up with this (being aware of the whole cell phone pictures leak):

@KateUpton You're not kidding; I saw the pics.

3 hours ago, K26dp said:

He should really stick to football. Anyone that thinks a relief pitcher should ever win the Cy Young over a starting pitcher is clueless about the value of pitching.

I watched a an old Braves game yesterday. It was Tom Glavine's 20th win game from 1998 against the Diamondbacks. They were talking about all the pitchers who were in the running for the Cy Young that year (Glavine ended up winning it) and Joe Simpson mentioned Trevor Hoffman and Skip let him have it. Said that the Rolaids Relief man of the year should be like the Cy Young to closers. Closers don't deserve to win the Cy Young.

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He should really stick to football. Anyone that thinks a relief pitcher should ever win the Cy Young over a starting pitcher is clueless about the value of pitching.

Eh, I could see a relief pitcher one day being the most valuable pitcher in baseball. It just hasn't happened yet.

7 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Eh, I could see a relief pitcher one day being the most valuable pitcher in baseball. It just hasn't happened yet.

Only way it should happen is if a team has a pitcher and they use him in the same manner as the Indians used Andrew Miller for an entire season and that's the clear difference to that team's success. But this simple 9th inning, get a bunch of saves thing, no. They don't deserve it. They don't deserve the Cy Young .

Yes, I know that relievers have won Cy Young Awards and I know Willie won the MVP in '84.

At no point were any of them the most valuable pitcher in their league.