CB, Alford, Hardy as 5th receiver, c/g

BCurt57

It's a great season. This board really confuses me though. Who cares what Julio's ranking is? He knows. Every D knows. Why is Ryan soooo great? Aside from a year and a half where he tried to play QB from his back, this is who he is.

Why does anyone argue we are not going db and it'll probably be a CB in the1st or second round? There's a massive amount of talent all the way through the first. We need more cb's and I think it's easier to get an impact DL through the draft. Somewhere we need a c/g with talent that Mack can mentor. And we absolutely are going after another LB. why can't we like Alford, Allen, Poole? They don't need to displace each other. Alford just played pretty well as a # 1. Didn't it occur to folks that Collins wasn't challenged because they tested Alford as a #1, prone to PI? What's fantastic is everyone improving where you fill these backfield spots with cheap speed and size from the draft, and save your money for serious veteran lineman. 

Hardy as 5th receiver is fantastic. I mean what improved depth. 

Finally, I'm waiting.....Matt to Mo to Gabriel. Unless we're saving it to fubar someone in the playoffs! Hahaha. GO FALCONS!!!

The only thing I don't like about Alford is his size he's fast, he's got good eyes, good awareness, he's just not big enough to go against big receivers. Allen is a 5th round practice squad CB that got moved to FS he's doing good for what he is we just need an actual FS with better size and awareness. I like Poole he's an excellent pickup but the only place he could play would be in the slot/nickel corner if you put him out wide it would be the same thing with Alford. Every time Alford was put on Mike Evans got put on Alford he beat him when got the TD and when he made the amazing catch and Keanu had to try and rattle his cage to drop the ball. Alford is just undersized for a non slot reciver. And a plus Keanu laid the wood on Mike Evans right in front of DQ. And Collins did do good since he hasn't played basically all year not including Pre-Season.

1 minute ago, capologist said:

Alford frustrates the snot out of me...

I think that's the sentiment across the board. Alford has all the talent in the world but doesn't trust himself and gets too grabby and is a target for flags. It would be one thing if he didn't half the talent, but he's always in good position and there's no need for him to grab and he does it anyway.

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think that's the sentiment across the board. Alford has all the talent in the world but doesn't trust himself and gets too grabby and is a target for flags. It would be one thing if he didn't half the talent, but he's always in good position and there's no need for him to grab and he does it anyway.

Exactly!

29 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He's not always in good position because he's playing out of 'position', 567.

:)

Edited by Vandy

4 hours ago, BCurt57 said:

It's a great season. This board really confuses me though. Who cares what Julio's ranking is? He knows. Every D knows. Why is Ryan soooo great? Aside from a year and a half where he tried to play QB from his back, this is who he is.

Why does anyone argue we are not going db and it'll probably be a CB in the1st or second round? There's a massive amount of talent all the way through the first. We need more cb's and I think it's easier to get an impact DL through the draft. Somewhere we need a c/g with talent that Mack can mentor. And we absolutely are going after another LB. why can't we like Alford, Allen, Poole? They don't need to displace each other. Alford just played pretty well as a # 1. Didn't it occur to folks that Collins wasn't challenged because they tested Alford as a #1, prone to PI? What's fantastic is everyone improving where you fill these backfield spots with cheap speed and size from the draft, and save your money for serious veteran lineman. 

Hardy as 5th receiver is fantastic. I mean what improved depth. 

Finally, I'm waiting.....Matt to Mo to Gabriel. Unless we're saving it to fubar someone in the playoffs! Hahaha. GO FALCONS!!!

12537044.gif